+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTC to NER

Junior Member SUMIT KUMAR is on a distinguished road

Default LTC to NER

I need a small clarification.

For a visit to Gangtok(NER) no LTC 80 tickets were available. The posted fare for LTC 80 from Delhi to Bagdogra was higher than private airlines. What happens is journey is made in private airlines.

(a) Does LTC claim become inadmissible
    (b) Shall LTC claim be restricted to the admissible class by Train to New Jalpaiguri and then by entitled class by Road.
    (c) Shall LTC claim be paid. And if so what are the formalities to be followed.

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Default ltc to ner

presuming you are eligible to travel by air,the journey undertaken by private airline makes ltc claim inadmissible in toto

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SUMIT KUMAR View Post
    I need a small clarification.

For a visit to Gangtok(NER) no LTC 80 tickets were available. The posted fare for LTC 80 from Delhi to Bagdogra was higher than private airlines. What happens is journey is made in private airlines.

(a) Does LTC claim become inadmissible
    (b) Shall LTC claim be restricted to the admissible class by Train to New Jalpaiguri and then by entitled class by Road.
    (c) Shall LTC claim be paid. And if so what are the formalities to be followed.
    To get the reimbursement you have to seek sanction of ministry of civil aviation first.

Default LTC to NER

what are the formalities and procedures to get the approval of Min of Civil Aviation.

Member haringp is on a distinguished road

are you planning, or LTC completed .?
    it is advicable to go by AI. Even if you don't get LTC80 ticket, your fare shall be restrited to LTC80 fare.
    in case you travel by PVt airlines, you shall get Nil for air travel.
    DGCA permission is required only when there is no AI conectivity.
    in this case there is AI connectivity of bagdogra with rest of country form Delhi and kolkata.

i am intrigued by the fact, that the DGCA sanction is a precondition which does not speak of connectivity but only of operation and availability. What happens if no tickets whether LTC 80 or other is available on Indian Airlines.

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Default ltc to ner

if tickets are not available for a particular date then i am afraid you have to choose another date as ltc is primarily based on individuals choice reg timing etc and cannot be viewed like tours which are undertaken for official work

Member haringp is on a distinguished road

i am intrigued by the fact, that the DGCA sanction is a precondition which does not speak of connectivity but only of operation and availability. What happens if no tickets whether LTC 80 or other is available on Indian Airlines.
    it is agreed that lack of availability is a genuine reason specially by AI when there are so limited flights and in view of LTC rush in peak season such as Dec and summer.
    you may try for approval from DGCA through proper channel.
    I hope your tour plan is pending for want of approval.
    because there is no point in completing tour in pvt airlines and getting a rejection/no reply from DGCA.

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    Please send your mail id to my email address [email protected] I shall forward to you the person to be contacted in DGCA for sanction.

+ Reply to Thread