+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay fixation in Promotion after 1-1-2006

Junior Member ganti1968 is on a distinguished road

Post Pay fixation in Promotion after 1-1-2006

I have joined in KVS as PRT in Nov 1993. In the 5 pay commission my pay was fixed in 4500-7000.After the pay anamoly my increment was fixed in the month of Jan. I got my senior scale in Nov 2005 in the pay scale of 5500-9000.But I opted my sr scale in the month of Jan 2006 and pay was fixed Rs6025 in the above pay scale. I got promoted in Oct 2008 as TGT in the pay scale of Rs5500-9000. I joined as TGT in Oct 2008.In the 6 CPC they have not given any increment for promotion to me. The person who has rejected for promotion also in the same basic pay.After 15 years of service I got promotion without any benefit but the person who was rejected promotion will get his selection scale in next 9 years(24 yearsGP Rs4800) but where as the person who accpeted promotion will get his Sr scale (GP Rs4800)after 12 years of promotion. Is it jusitified?In the month of Jan 2006 my Basic pay was Rs 6025. Kindly suggest me in this regard. The argument was if the Gradepay was not changed in promotion there is no promotional increment. Is it correct so?

Junior Member parimel is on a distinguished road

Default promotional increment.

Yes it is correct. As per the present rule if the grade pay was not changed in promotion there is no promotional increment.

But I hope it is in the anomoly committe, then there is a chance you will get it in future.

Senior Member Anthony is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

Actually the change in grade pay was stressed for granting Increment in the promoted grade as per the original notification. It was changed vide clarification No.2 as One grade to another. According to me, if a person has assumed higher responsibility in another grade on promotion, he should be given an increment according to FR-22, even if there is no change in grade pay according to Clarification No.2 dated 13.09.2008. This must be applicable to even in the merged grades.

Anthony

Junior Member liji is on a distinguished road

Yes Mr.Anthony,

U r correct. in Clarification 2, it is clearely indicated that one grade to another. But these accounts people like PAO are not willing to implement this

Liji

Member Raj Kishore Sharma is on a distinguished road

Default Benefit of increment on promotion in the same scale/grade pay after senior scale

More or less the same stipulation was there earlier. There have been two conditions for fixation under FR 22(1)(a)(1)- one, assumption of higher responsibility on promotion and movement from lower scale to higher. But as a special case teachers were provided benefit of fixation under the said FR by the Ministry of HRD vide OM No. F.5-28/93-UT-1 dated 9.9.1994 which interalia says that "when a teacher is promoted to the next higher post from basic scale or senior scale, his/her pay will now be fixed under FR 22(1)(a)(1)."
    The above OM still holds good for teachers and has not been withdrawn till date.
    Raj Kishore Sharma
    author
    Pay & Other Entitlements after 6th CPC

+ Reply to Thread