+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arrears while on deputaion

Junior Member Priyavarshini is on a distinguished road

Default Arrears while on deputaion

Sirs,

one of my friends is on deputation in another department from November 2008

he received his first instalment of 6 cpc arrears before his deputaion itself.

now, when the 60% arrears is due, both his parent department and the present department refuse to pay saying that they are not responsible for the payment.

Still the arrears is not paid for want of clarification.

his parent department writes that present department should pay and vice versa.

Kindly clarify who should pay

regards

Priyavarshini

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Priyavarshini View Post
    Sirs,

now, when the 60% arrears is due, both his parent department and the present department refuse to pay saying that they are not responsible for the payment.

regards

Priyavarshini
    Dear Friend,

Based on an authenticated due-drawn statement of arrears of pay furnished by your parent department, the borrowing department may draw and disburse the arrears.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Sirs,

regards

Priyavarshini
    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

Based on an authenticated due-drawn statement of arrears of pay furnished by your parent department, the borrowing department may draw and disburse the arrears.
    Dear friends,
    In my view, the issue requires a deeper study. The department has lent the services of the individual at the disposal of the borrowing department.
    The question to be resolved herein is as to whether the lending department would foot the expenditure (by meeting the obligation of paying the arrears) or the borrowing department
    It must be kept in mind that the entire arrears pertain to the period during which the individual was working in the lending department. So it is logical if the parent department is asked to pay from the funds allocated to it.
    There may be some cases where the logic does not work and hence is not followed. To cite an example, when I tendered technical resignation ( I was a UDC in Income Tax department and i joined the present department - C.Excise and Customs - as an Inspector) in 1992, I had taken Tour TA advance from the department of Income Tax and my final settlement TA Bill was submitted at C.Excise and Customs and the balance amount was received from the latter department. But, the difference is, this aspect has been specifically clarified by the Govt of India and so there was no confusion.

By the way, the individual would be well advised to move a grievance petition with HOD of both - the borower and lender departments.
    With regards,
    Badri

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

I will give a personal view

I basically belong to Finance Ministry till Aug2007 and got a deputation to Commerce Ministry from Sep 2007 onwards. When 6-CPC was announced, Commerce Ministry calculated the arrears and paid me the first installment.. I went back to Finance ministry from Jan2009 onwards and got the second installment last month.. no problemo from both ministries

I believe your current office has an obligation to give you the arrears as per the data available with your service book..

regards

ps: However you may have to get an authenticated DUE_DRAWN statement from the parent office.. I got it from Finance Ministry for the I installment and from Commerce Ministry for the II Instalment..

Junior Member Priyavarshini is on a distinguished road

Default thank you sirs

thank you very much for advising me. I have told my friend to represent to his present department with the authenticated due-drawn statement.

will update the outcome

regards
    Priyavarshini

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

thank you very much for advising me. I have told my friend to represent to his present department with the authenticated due-drawn statement.

will update the outcome

regards
    Priyavarshini
    The rules in this regard are available in Receipt and Payment Rules. Logically speaking only the department where the individual is presently serving should claim the 60% arrears as the LPC should have been issued by now provided the vetted due-drawn statement and a No claim certificate is received from the parent department duly certified by the accounts personnel concerned.

Senior Member Anthony is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

In Railways, some of my friends are on deputation to RITES. But the parent department have paid both the 40% arrears and the 60% arrears for the period they were in the parent department until they were deputed.

Anthony

+ Reply to Thread