+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regular service for the purpose of MACP

Junior Member rithesh.jain is on a distinguished road

Default Regular service for the purpose of MACP

Hi, I have a query regarding a colleague in my office. she got her Sr. Ar promotion (GP 4,200) w.e.f 16.03.2009. Due to personal reasons she applied for Mutual transfer to Mumbai. Since, a person on the same post was not available, (Sr. Ar) she opted for reversion as Auditor (GP 2,800) on Mutual transfer basis w.e.f 29.05.1998 and she was re-promoted as Sr.Ar w.e.f 22.11.1999. Now her office has calculated regular service for the purpose of MACP w.e.f 22.11.1999 (i.e from the date of re-promotion)and MACP benefits w.e.f 22.11.2009.However clause 09 of the MACP orders dated 19.05.2009 states that past continuous regular service in another Government Dept. in a post carrying same grade pay prior to regular appointment in a new dept. without break, shall also be counted towards qualifying regular service for the purpose of MACPs only not for regular promotions. In this circumstances, her past service prior to her mutual transfer on reversion has to be taken in to account and she should get her MACP w.e.f 01.09.2008.. Am I right ? I would be grateful if anybody can help me out in this issue.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Default the consequences of Reversion on MACP.

Quote Originally Posted by rithesh.jain View Post
    Hi, I have a query regarding a colleague in my office. she got her Sr. Ar promotion (GP 4,200) w.e.f 16.03.2009. Due to personal reasons she applied for Mutual transfer to Mumbai. Since, a person on the same post was not available, (Sr. Ar) she opted for reversion as Auditor (GP 2,800) on Mutual transfer basis w.e.f 29.05.1998 and she was re-promoted as Sr.Ar w.e.f 22.11.1999. Now her office has calculated regular service for the purpose of MACP w.e.f 22.11.1999 (i.e from the date of re-promotion)and MACP benefits w.e.f 22.11.2009.However clause 09 of the MACP orders dated 19.05.2009 states that past continuous regular service in another Government Dept. in a post carrying same grade pay prior to regular appointment in a new dept. without break, shall also be counted towards qualifying regular service for the purpose of MACPs only not for regular promotions. In this circumstances, her past service prior to her mutual transfer on reversion has to be taken in to account and she should get her MACP w.e.f 01.09.2008.. Am I right ? I would be grateful if anybody can help me out in this issue.
    Dear friend,
    Information provided seems to insufficient.
    The date of joining the initial post and the designationof the initial post may be furnished so that the query can be processed.
    With regards,
    Badri

Default Regular Service for the purpose of MACP

Sorry for the insufficient information given in the previous post. There was some problem with the system in my office. The date of promotion mentioned in the previous post as 16.03.2009 is actually 16.03.1994. The remaining information is as follows :

Joined as C/T on 31st July 1987 ; promoted as Auditor on 1st Jan 1991 ; promoted as Sr Auditor on 16.03.1994. THe remaining information is the same as mentioned in the previous post.

Thank u Badri Sir for the prompt reply. Hope to get a reply for this one too.

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

The fixation done under MACP by your colleagues' office is correct. As the service rendered prior to reversion to a lower post under own request cannot be counted for purpose of MACP. Please refer para 24 of Annexure I of MACP orders.

Default Macp

Hi, thanks for the reply. But there is still a doubt. The para 24 which u have mentioned talks about unilateral transfer, whereas the case i am mentioning about is of mutual transfer. The para 24 is silent about mutual transfer cases. Can u please help me out on this?

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for the reply. But there is still a doubt. The para 24 which u have mentioned talks about unilateral transfer, whereas the case i am mentioning about is of mutual transfer. The para 24 is silent about mutual transfer cases. Can u please help me out on this?
    Sir I suppose the same proviso would apply for mutual transfer cases also, considering the fact that the individual has requested to move into a lower post after getting a promotion. I think the meaning of "unilateral transfer" is transfer under own request and willingness. The other case of transfer is "one way transfer".

Junior Member sbthakur is on a distinguished road

Cool MACP Fixation

I joined as Accounts Clerk on 04.06.1986 in E/Rly and after that I had been promoted as Jr. Accounts Assistant in 09/1993 and also promoted as AA on 9/1997 . After that I opted for mutual transfer and joined N.F.Rly as JAA on 04/1998 and subsequently I had been Promoted as AA on 11/1998 .My office has given MACp from 11/2008 without counting my previous service as AA in E/Rly . I want to know whrther my fixation done by my office is correct or not? Subrata Thakur

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sbthakur View Post
    I joined as Accounts Clerk on 04.06.1986 in E/Rly and after that I had been promoted as Jr. Accounts Assistant in 09/1993 and also promoted as AA on 9/1997 . After that I opted for mutual transfer and joined N.F.Rly as JAA on 04/1998 and subsequently I had been Promoted as AA on 11/1998 .My office has given MACp from 11/2008 without counting my previous service as AA in E/Rly . I want to know whrther my fixation done by my office is correct or not? Subrata Thakur

In the case of unilateral transfer to a lower post/scale, past service is not counted. Refer para 24 of MACP Orders (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...tt.%28D%29.pdf).

As you have already got 2 promotions in E-Rly you are only entitled to the 3rd MACP in NF Rly on completion of 30 years of service in NF Rly. However, you have been given MACP on completion of 10 years of service in the grade of AA in NF Rly. This itself is beyond expectation.

Victor

Junior Member akvkumar is on a distinguished road

Default MACP eligibility

Date of Joining as Clerk (950/-) 17.7.1987
    First promotion as Jr. Steno (1200/-) 23.5.1990
    Still continuing as Jr. Steno in the Scale 5200-20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400/- without any ACP/MACP/PROMOTION!
    Please let me know my ACP/MACP eligibility.

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by akvkumar View Post
    Date of Joining as Clerk (950/-) 17.7.1987
    First promotion as Jr. Steno (1200/-) 23.5.1990
    Still continuing as Jr. Steno in the Scale 5200-20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400/- without any ACP/MACP/PROMOTION!
    Please let me know my ACP/MACP eligibility.
    Dear friend,

In this case 2nd upgradation under MACP will be due with effect from 1-9-2008 to the Grade Pay of 2800. Third MACP will be due on completion of 30 years of service to the Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-

regards

sasi

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In the case of unilateral transfer to a lower post/scale, past service is not counted. Refer para 24 of MACP Orders (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...tt.%28D%29.pdf).

As you have already got 2 promotions in E-Rly you are only entitled to the 3rd MACP in NF Rly on completion of 30 years of service in NF Rly. However, you have been given MACP on completion of 10 years of service in the grade of AA in NF Rly. This itself is beyond expectation.

Victor
    Victorsir,
    Please clarify following doubts.
    1)Para 24 of macp order telling that if an employee is transfered to lower post unilaterally,he will entitle 2nd and 3rd upgradation after completing 20 and 30 years after initial posting in new organization.In this case as transfer is mutual whether it wiil treat as unilateral transfer.
    2)Whether transfer from E Rly to NF Rly is treated as transfer to new organization.
    3)If an employee is transfered to another zone in same post as junior in new zone ,whether he can avail the pay protection including the macp availed in parent zone.

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelethiyil View Post
    Victorsir,
    Please clarify following doubts.
    1)Para 24 of macp order telling that if an employee is transfered to lower post unilaterally,he will entitle 2nd and 3rd upgradation after completing 20 and 30 years after initial posting in new organization.In this case as transfer is mutual whether it wiil treat as unilateral transfer.
    2)Whether transfer from E Rly to NF Rly is treated as transfer to new organization.
    3)If an employee is transfered to another zone in same post as junior in new zone ,whether he can avail the pay protection including the macp availed in parent zone.

On second thoughts I feel the case does not exactly fit in para 24 of the MACP order. Strictly speaking the case is not a "unilateral" decision but a mutual one. Further, transfer among railway zones should not be treated as a transfer to a new organisation.

I think the railways needs to issue a clarification to regulate such cases keeping the spirit of the MACP Scheme in view.

Personally I feel that the past service should be counted and the person should be entitled to the 3rd financial upgradation (as he has already availed of two promotions) on completion of 10 years of service in the grade or on completion of 30 years of service whichever is earlier. This benefit has in fact been given to the person concerned.

Victor

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    On second thoughts I feel the case does not exactly fit in para 24 of the MACP order. Strictly speaking the case is not a "unilateral" decision but a mutual one. Further, transfer among railway zones should not be treated as a transfer to a new organisation.

I think the railways needs to issue a clarification to regulate such cases keeping the spirit of the MACP Scheme in view.

Personally I feel that the past service should be counted and the person should be entitled to the 3rd financial upgradation (as he has already availed of two promotions) on completion of 10 years of service in the grade or on completion of 30 years of service whichever is earlier. This benefit has in fact been given to the person concerned.

Victor
    Sir,
    My friend got transfer to S Rly from C Rly on 2006.At that time he was in 6500/- scale(section engineer) and he joined in S Rly in 5000/-scle(junior engineer).After implimentation of 6pc he is geting 4200/- GP.This is in tune with circular of ministry of Rly and O M NO:16/6/2001-ESTT(Pay-1).In this circular instead of the word "unilateral transfer",the sentence "seeking transfer to lower post under FR 15(a)" is used.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelethiyil View Post
    Sir,
    My friend got transfer to S Rly from C Rly on 2006.At that time he was in 6500/- scale(section engineer) and he joined in S Rly in 5000/-scle(junior engineer).After implimentation of 6pc he is geting 4200/- GP.This is in tune with circular of ministry of Rly and O M NO:16/6/2001-ESTT(Pay-1).In this circular instead of the word "unilateral transfer",the sentence "seeking transfer to lower post under FR 15(a)" is used.
    Dear Friend,

Please refer to the following link of DoPT which clarifies the method of fixation of pay in the scenario of recent pay band regime.
    http://www.persmin.nic.in/WriteReadD...28Pay-1%29.pdf

Junior Member sashidhar is on a distinguished road

Sir could anyone through light on the fact that if an employee who has completed 12 years service has in between taken EOL without MC ( leave sanctioned ) for 1 year, will that one year also count as regular service as leave is sanctioned for the purpose of ACP / MACP

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Leave with out allowance sanctioned will be counted as regular service for ACP & MACP.
    ACP: http://www.irtsa.net/pdfdocs/ACP.pdf. See clarification to Sl.No.54.
    MACP:http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...8-Estt.(D).pdf see para 11

SASI

Quote Originally Posted by sashidhar View Post
    Sir could anyone through light on the fact that if an employee who has completed 12 years service has in between taken EOL without MC ( leave sanctioned ) for 1 year, will that one year also count as regular service as leave is sanctioned for the purpose of ACP / MACP
    EOL without MC will be counted for MACP. However, in the case of ACP, EOL without MC can be counted if the same is also counted as regular service for promotion under the relevant service rules.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread