+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the maximum under cea scheme

Junior Member novacustoms is on a distinguished road

Default What is the maximum under cea scheme

Gentlemen,

During May 2009 I paid more than 25000 towards the school fee of my son for the year 2009-10 (Fee for the whole academic year 2009-10). As I have to submit original bills with CEA Claim, I did so, submitted my claim with original receipts and claimed Rs. 12,000/- for the whole year. however, the accounts people rejected the claim saying that "the OM permits only quarterly claims, and that the amount claimed in one quarter can be more than rs. 3000 and in another quarter it can be less than rs. 3000/-. can the members throw some light on this issue ? if I have paid entire 12000 on the first day itself, do i need to wait for every quarter and claim for rs. 3000 in peacemeal. moreover, everytime where I can go for getting a original receipt, as the only original receipt will go to the records as part of claim for the first quarter.

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Default Cea

Quote Originally Posted by novacustoms View Post
    Gentlemen,

During May 2009 I paid more than 25000 towards the school fee of my son for the year 2009-10 (Fee for the whole academic year 2009-10). As I have to submit original bills with CEA Claim, I did so, submitted my claim with original receipts and claimed Rs. 12,000/- for the whole year. however, the accounts people rejected the claim saying that "the OM permits only quarterly claims, and that the amount claimed in one quarter can be more than rs. 3000 and in another quarter it can be less than rs. 3000/-. can the members throw some light on this issue ? if I have paid entire 12000 on the first day itself, do i need to wait for every quarter and claim for rs. 3000 in peacemeal. moreover, everytime where I can go for getting a original receipt, as the only original receipt will go to the records as part of claim for the first quarter.
    Dear Sir,

The maximum amount admissible under CEA is Rs.12000/- Please wait and submit your claim after the completion of the academic year as you have to certify that your son has attended the classes regularly till the end of the academic year.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by novacustoms View Post
    Gentlemen,

Dear friend,
    I agree with what Shree Aneeshjee has suggested. Alternatively, I suggest you to file the quarterly claims (enclosing only photo copies) mentioning therein that you had filed the Original Receipt along with the claim for the first quarter.
    (By the way I had paid the entire fees in June, but I had obtained Separate Receipt for each of the four quarters).
    It is true that the OM allows reimbursement of more than 3000 in one quarter. Imagine a case where the quarterly fees is Rs.1000 and the Activity fees of 5000 is collected on annual basis, but at the time of collecting the first term fees. Total works out to Rs.8000. In such a case, the claimant may very well claim Rs.8000 for the first quarter, but the over all restriction of reimbursement of CEA for the whole year shall be restricted to Rs.1200.
    In another case, imagine Term fees works out at Rs.3000 and uniform and Books cost some 3000 (expenditure incurred during the first term). In this case too, for the first term the individual may claim Rs.6000 and in the next two quarters he can claim 3000 each and in the last quarter there won't be any claim from him. This case satisfies the conditions set forth in the O.M.
    With regards,
    Badri

Junior Member madhavan73 is on a distinguished road
    Vizag presently. I hail from Mannargudi (TN)

Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    Dear friend,
    Total works out to Rs.8000. In such a case, the claimant may very well claim Rs.8000 for the first quarter, but the over all restriction of reimbursement of CEA for the whole year shall be restricted to Rs.1200.

Badri

Badriji might be saying '12000' at this point, not 1200.

+ Reply to Thread