+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virus attack- G Connect Discussion Board

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Question Virus attack- G Connect Discussion Board

Sir,

A few months back, when I was browsing various interesting question and answers on the 6CPC matters on the G Connect Discussion Board ( in the night around 9-10 PM), my computer started behaving funny all of a sudden in that the windows explorer started coming screen after screen. I immediately shut down the computer.

When I reopened after an hour or so, I found that the Drive letters for A and C had changed and computer was not coming on.

Later, my engineer came and told me a virus attack has taken place and then he had reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the programmes I had. Since then I had discontinued visiting Gconnect site (though unwillingly).

Today, half-heartedly and with a little worry, I am visitng this site. Is there any advice you would like to give me to protect my PC during such visits?

Thanks

RKR

Administrator gconnect has disabled reputation

Thumbs up Virus attack- G Connect Discussion Board

As our readers know GConnect is not a kind of site that intentionally spreads virus. Anyway have a goods anti-virus pack that comes with internet security and update the same regularly. This measure would definitely avoid virus attacks through internet

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    Sir,

A few months back, when I was browsing various interesting question and answers on the 6CPC matters on the G Connect Discussion Board ( in the night around 9-10 PM), my computer started behaving funny all of a sudden in that the windows explorer started coming screen after screen. I immediately shut down the computer.

When I reopened after an hour or so, I found that the Drive letters for A and C had changed and computer was not coming on.

Later, my engineer came and told me a virus attack has taken place and then he had reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the programmes I had. Since then I had discontinued visiting Gconnect site (though unwillingly).

Today, half-heartedly and with a little worry, I am visitng this site. Is there any advice you would like to give me to protect my PC during such visits?

Thanks

RKR
    Dear querist,

I endorse in full, the reply given by the Hosts. I have...........Antivirous software with fire wall protection. (My advice is that you go in for a considerably longer period - I have taken one that would last three years.). If we do not have insulation against threats, surely (in my opinion) we should not browse internet and in this regard, genuine sites like the one under discussion herein whose bona fide is beyond question maynot be able to help you if you do not have a system in place for your self protection.

With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Default Virus attack

Dear GConnect administrator and Shri Badri,

Thank you for your kind replies. I shall follow the advice given.

RKR

+ Reply to Thread