+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second time ltc to ne region by air

Junior Member NARESH KUMAR is on a distinguished road

Default Second time ltc to ne region by air

Can a group b officer drawing grade pay of 4800,who has availed ne region ltc by air in lieu of hometown,avail second ltc to some other region of ne by air in lieu of all india ltc?
    Dopt orders are silent about this, any observation please!

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    Yes he can definitely go to NE region again in lieu of All India LTC. However reimbursement of air fare will be made as per his entitlement of IInd Class AC train from place of duty to NE Region. Balance Air Fare if any will have to borne by the individual.
    Jitendra

Member haringp is on a distinguished road

it is one time concession as far relaxations are concered.
    so individual can avail facility ( air travel, in lieu of HT) only once.
    record of this is also being maintained by Govt.
    you can go again to NE In all India LTC, but concession of air travel may not be there( of course it depands on GP,if your GP is 5400 and above everyone is eligible for air now)

Junior Member SSTGGN is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Dear friend
    Yes he can definitely go to NE region again in lieu of All India LTC. However reimbursement of air fare will be made as per his entitlement of IInd Class AC train from place of duty to NE Region. Balance Air Fare if any will have to borne by the individual.
    Jitendra
    Sir

I disagree with you, as the circular clearly limit the one time opportunity for converting HTC into LTC to NER. It nowhere restrains for going LTC to NE states. Eligibility to visit NE region will remain same if anyone visits there on LTC i.e. by Air from Kolkata/Guwahati in case of Group C & D officials and from place of posting in case of Group A & B officials. It nowhere bar a person to go there more than once. Only conversion of HTC to LTC for NER can be made once.
    If disagree, I request you to please go though the circular again.

Regards

S S Taneja

Quote Originally Posted by SSTGGN View Post
    Sir

I disagree with you, as the circular clearly limit the one time opportunity for converting HTC into LTC to NER. It nowhere restrains for going LTC to NE states. Eligibility to visit NE region will remain same if anyone visits there on LTC i.e. by Air from Kolkata/Guwahati in case of Group C & D officials and from place of posting in case of Group A & B officials. It nowhere bar a person to go there more than once. Only conversion of HTC to LTC for NER can be made once.
    If disagree, I request you to please go though the circular again.

Regards

S S Taneja
    Dear Shri Tanejaji
    whether you are agree or not, the facts will not changed. You can not avail second LTC to NER with the similar facilities extended to CG employee by the circular issued in May,08. If you have availed it once, you will get only normal entitlement for your second visit to North East. The provision of LTC have been relaxed for visiting NER but for one time visit only. This is not the first time when Govt, has given such relaxation. Similar relaxation were earlier granted for visit to Srinagar and then Portblair.
    with regards
    Jitendra

Junior Member pradeep_pa is on a distinguished road

Arrow 2nd LTC to North East region

Friends,

I have availed 1st LTC for HOme Town and now 2nd LTC can be availed for NE Region in lieu of Anywhere India. Then can I get air fare from Place of posting to NE Region, as after implementation of 6th CPC My gr.pay is Rs.4200/- and after classification of posts my post is now Gr.B post and as per original orders all Gr.B officers irrespective of Gazetted or non-gazetted are entitled for air fare from place of posting to NE Region. Can anyone help me.

pradeep

Yes Sir, you are very much entitled for special concession given for NE region after 6th CPC also. It means that you are entitled to airfare from place of your posting to place in NE region of your choice. Get it cleare that we are entitled for 2 home town LTC in a block of four years. The all India LTC is available on surrender of one Home town only. Since you have availed only one Home town, you can surrender your second Home Town LTC to avail NE LTC.
    Jitendra

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Respected Members
    Now the MOF has made it mandatory to perform air travel only by Air India or its alliance partner Indian Airlines while on LTC. Any further clarifications available with members in this regard. I suppose travel by private airlines by cheapest fares have been undone with.

Junior Member NANDAN KB is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NARESH KUMAR View Post
    Can a group b officer drawing grade pay of 4800,who has availed ne region ltc by air in lieu of hometown,avail second ltc to some other region of ne by air in lieu of all india ltc?
    Dopt orders are silent about this, any observation please!
    I hope the circular of DOPT has clearly clarified that the All India LTC can also be availed to Northeast enjoying the Flight facilities. There is no ambiguity in this aspect.

Junior Member NANDAN KB is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=NANDAN KB;6866] The circular of DOPT has clearly clarified that the All India LTC can also be availed to Northeast enjoying the Flight facilities. There is no ambiguity in this aspect. One can certainly move on All India LTC to North-East enjoying the Flight concessions if travelled within May-02-2010.
    Regards, Nandan.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NANDAN KB View Post
    I hope the circular of DOPT has clearly clarified that the All India LTC can also be availed to Northeast enjoying the Flight facilities. There is no ambiguity in this aspect.
    Dear Friend,

Home Town LTC or All India LTC (which is only in lieu of one of the two Home Town LTCs in a 4 year block), the special concession to fly by air to NER can be availed only once during the period between 02.05.2008 and 01.05.2010 (against the HT LTC for 2008-09 or All India LTC of 2006-09 or HT LTC of 2010-2011).

Please see para 1(iii) of O.M. F No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 02.05.2008 of DoPT for confirmation.

+ Reply to Thread