+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help to put up RTI query to DoPT-pls

Member DoToff is on a distinguished road

Question Need help to put up RTI query to DoPT-pls

Dear friends,
    I have finalised a query to be put up to DoPT in one matter of pay fixation, However regarding the payment of RTI fees , I do not know to whom should the Postal Order (of 10/-) be addressed ?

Also what are the other methods of fees payment to DoPT?

All those who can help me pls do extend your help positively.

-DoToff

Junior Member kaviya is on a distinguished road

u can refer their web sites

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Dotoff

You can enclose a valid postal order for Rs 10/- as an Initial Fee.

In whose favour?- you can get the details by going to the web-site of DOPT and must be th Accounts Officer concerned.

BUT NO HARM IN SENDING THE OPEN POSTAL ORDER-but do mention its no; dt etc in the letter. Balance fee if any will be charged if you require copies of any circulars/ documents/ file notes @ Rs 2 per page or so, etc.

Mind that no answer will be given as to your "FIXATION" as the DOPT is slippery in such matters. So drafting your query is important. Even if you calculate/ fix for yourself and ask if it (fixation) is "correct" or "not correct" or even "yes" or "no"- they are not going to answer. They will quote the circular/ OM / Rules if any to refer to!.

If you desire any help, pl do feel free to ask.

vnatarajan

Somewhere in the Forum "Pensions" - under the blog/ ropic titled "Injustice to ......" you may find model RTIs.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    For individual pay fixation related query, RTI tool is not effective as rightly pointed out by Shri Natrajan. It will be better if you submit your representation to your department and ask them to get a clarification from DoP&T. In that case a concretereply will come. If there are some other similar cases, all of you could submit representations individualy (not collectively) to your department. On the other hand, you may send your query to Swamy's publication for reply as their reply is treated as authentic. Try these before sending RTI query.
    with best wishes
    Jitendra

Member DoToff is on a distinguished road

Exclamation doubt not resolved.

Dear Seniors and friends,
    Thanks for responding.
    Mine is not an individual query but a query on policy matter.So I expect DoPT to answer it .
    I have also put this query (related to FR35)on this forum which unfortunately has not received any response on this forum.( Sr members..pls...)
    I have already been thru the DoPT website and could not find the authority to whom the IPO should be addressed. Hence I have come to this forum. I however came across a very long list of CPIOs and FAAs.
    I think that as per RTI Act there should be only one CPIO fro one organization!
    Once again ,if any of you know it please do disclose it
    . Or else I will try to send a non addressed IPO as advised by Sr Member here.
    -DoToff
    Last edited by DoToff; 01-09-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: corrections required

Junior Member G RAMASWAMY is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up so many CPIOs

Quote Originally Posted by DoToff View Post
    Dear Seniors and friends,
    Thanks for responding.
    Mine is not an individual query but a query on policy matter.So I expect DoPT to answer it .
    I have also put this query (related to FR35)on this forum which unfortunately has not received any response on this forum.( Sr members..pls...)
    I have already been thru the DoPT website and could not find the authority to whom the IPO should be addressed. Hence I have come to this forum. I however came across a very long list of CPIOs and FAAs.
    I think that as per RTI Act there should be only one CPIO fro one organization!
    Once again ,if any of you know it please do disclose it
    . Or else I will try to send a non addressed IPO as advised by Sr Member here.
    -DoToff
    Dear friend,
    though there are so many number of CPIOs,select the correct CPIO from the list, against the subject and send.

+ Reply to Thread