+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Payment of 60% arrears of pension orders issued

Member kgkacharya is on a distinguished road

Default Payment of 60% arrears of pension orders issued

The orders for payment of 60% of arrears of pension as per 6 CPC revision has also been issued by the Ministry of Personnel and Pension. Please logon to http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...2925082009.pdf

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by kgkacharya View Post
    The orders for payment of 60% of arrears of pension as per 6 CPC revision has also been issued by the Ministry of Personnel and Pension. Please logon to http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...2925082009.pdf
    Thanks. I have seen the OM.

Senior Member dnaga57

1. Will there be TDS on this payment ?
    2. Have banks been informed to make payment?

Quote Originally Posted by dnaga57 View Post
    1. Will there be TDS on this payment ?
    2. Have banks been informed to make payment?
    Banks have already been advised. Payment is to be made by 30 09 09.
    TDS would not be there but income tax has to be paid by everyone, where due.

Junior Member harryrakhraj is on a distinguished road

Default Payment 60% Pension Arrears

From "Chatter-box" on GConnect it appears that quite a few in-service friends have already received the Arrears. Any Pensioner friends who have received the Arrears? Please keep us posted.

Junior Member harryrakhraj is on a distinguished road

Default Pension Arrears: 2nd Installment

Everybody I know who has a Pension account with SBI, have received their 2nd Installment of Pension Arrears, in full, on 18 Sep 2009.
    Posted for info and benefit of brother Pensioners who might NOT have this amount credited into their accounts so far.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,

Banks like SBI (I will put it as first category- in so far as pension disbursements are concerned)- who have Pension Funds allotted in advance always disburse such arrears well in time.

Banks (I put them as second category here) are those that have to disburse/ pay the pension first and then claim the total amount disbursed for all for reimbursement from the Govt.!

My PDB- say Bk of Mah ., always wiats till the D-Line day and then only disburses!

This time also they have received all the orders/ papers etc- but as the D-line is 30 09 2009, they are politely saying - "Sir- why u r in a hurry?- we will disburse you the amount (wh is substantial!) before mid-night of 30 09 2009!"

Now is there any specific directive that YOU HAVE TO DISBURSE IMMEDIATELY?- No! only a date is given- which is far off! So the wit is imminent for cases like ours!

vnatarajan

My dea VN. My Acount is in SBI and 60% installment has been credited on 18.09. 09 by my Bank. You have said your story in a humours way but it is true. Do you remember, on refixation, more than remaining amount of my pension's 40% arrears due last year, were credited by my Bank at midnight on 31.03.09 and, I had to pay 12000 more income tax because, I could not purchase Tax saving FD in time, i.e. in Marach 2009. Even SBI plays game some times. Last year PNB account of one pensioner was creadited thrice for 40 % arrears and latter deducted twice.The gentleman was not able to understand the meaning of it and it became difficult for me to explain the reason.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

TDS Vs ARREAR PAYMENT!

Dear MLK/ All

As explained by me earlier - the D-Day being 30th Sept 2009, my Bank did credit my 60% arrear on the said day without fail.

However, they wanted to deduct a pro-rata IT- as you know the Banker being our Drawing Disbursing Officer- is also responsible for the IT deductions (perhaps they can also be prosecuted under IT act if they dont do their task of IT deductions at source properly!)- knowing that the total amount is certainly a bit heavy.

However I tried to convince him today- 1st Oct 2009- that it is only a mid-year - and only when my total amount of pension realised upto the end of the year is taken into account, I shall be able to decide how much would be my tax - that too after availing a 80C exemption etc.

However after some discussions- I agreed to allow deduction of a token amount as advance tax- not exceeding 10% of the amount that may become UNAVOIDABLE for paying IT- to avoid embarassment to both sides!

Cheers

HOPE U ALL GET SOON ANOTHER ARREARS LIKE S30!

vnatarajan

+ Reply to Thread