+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaving central Govt. job to join autonomous body after 12 years

Junior Member mukeshjainhisar is on a distinguished road

Question Leaving central Govt. job to join autonomous body after 12 years

Dear friends,
    I had been working with Central Govt. as a gazetted officer for the last 12 years. Now I have tendered technical resignation(and have been relieved properly) to join as Asstt. Professor at Haryana Agricultural university (which is a autonomous body). I had applied for the post of Asstt. Professor through proper channel in response to an open advertisement.
    At Haryana Agricultural University, after 1.1.2004, New Defined Contibutory penssion scheme is effective.

Date of joining the service: 27.08.1997
    Date of relieving: 21.08.2009

My questions are as follows:
    1. Whether I am entitled to maintain lein in the parent department?
    2. Whether I will get pension from the previous job?
    3. What are the other benefits I will get from previous job? Please specify?
    4. When will I get pension?
    5. Whether I will be eligible for lump sump pro-rata pension or monthly pension?
    6. What will be the approximate amount of pension I will get?

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Mukesh
    Since you have applied through proper channel, you will get all the due benefits. You will remain in CCS(pension) rules and will not goverend by new pension scheme. Your past service will also be counted for all purposes. Now your queries
    1) Yes, you can retain a lien on your previous post till confirmation on new post or two years which ever is earlier.
    2)No, your past service will be counted and you will get the pension after attaining the age of superannuation.
    3)There is no benefits of previous job. In your case, your new department will ask to your previous one for payment of your pensionary benefits to the University. But these will not be paid to you instead by this way your past service will be counted. The payment will be made directly in favour of University. You will get the leave encashment as per rules from your previous deptt.
    4,5 and 6 have no relevance at this stage.
    with best wishes
    Jitendra

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Dear Shri Mukesh
    Since you have applied through proper channel, you will get all the due benefits. You will remain in CCS(pension) rules and will not goverend by new pension scheme. Your past service will also be counted for all purposes. Now your queries
    1) Yes, you can retain a lien on your previous post till confirmation on new post or two years which ever is earlier.
    2)No, your past service will be counted and you will get the pension after attaining the age of superannuation.
    3)There is no benefits of previous job. In your case, your new department will ask to your previous one for payment of your pensionary benefits to the University. But these will not be paid to you instead by this way your past service will be counted. The payment will be made directly in favour of University. You will get the leave encashment as per rules from your previous deptt.
    4,5 and 6 have no relevance at this stage.
    with best wishes
    Jitendra
    Dear Sir

One of my friend was working in state govt. for seven years. Later he joined central autonomous body after 1.1.2004. Whether his past service will count for pensionary benefits and covered under old pension scheme. What are the other formalities he should do to get the benefits of past service.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Pension

If there is pension scheme in your new office you can get your service counted. Alternatively opt for pro rata retirement benefit

Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road

dear mr aneesh regarding your friend it depends whether ur frnd has joined cpsu for a post of fresher or experienced, if experienced and he has gone through proper channel his past service would be counted, but if he has joined in a post ment for fresh candidate then he has to claim all his dues from the parent organisation and he will be eligible for all retirement benefits such as retirement and service gratuity , full leave encashment if he has applied through proper channel.

Junior Member pathakv26 is on a distinguished road

Dear senior member,
    Please solve my problem.

My case: is regarding pensionery benefits on joining State Autonomus Body (HP Krishi Vishavavidyalaya) after 1/1/2004, while earlier I was under pensionable establishment ( Veterinary Officer, State Government)

Case is as follows:
    1. Earlier I was working in state government (HP) as Veterinary Officer, under pensionable establishment (CCS Pension Rule 1972, from September 2000.
    2. I applied for the post of Assistant Professor through an independent advertisement on 2008, I applied after getting the no objection certificate from the government (HP)
    3. I joined in the university (state autonomous body) on 21 Jan 2009. My appointment letter had the condition (no.2) that “ you will be entitled to contributory pension scheme as notified by the state government for new recruits hired after 15.5.2003, as adopted by the CSK HPKV Palampur.
    4. At the time of joining I had retained the lien with the parent department for two years, which expired on 23rd jan 2011. I wrote the state government to terminate the lien, if it cannot be extended for one more year.
    5. Now I have applied to the university authority for governing me under pension scheme which was present in the university before 15/5/2003. But the authorities has refused for this and are citing the reasons:
    a) that you are new recruit and appointed after 2003
    b) that we have not adopted the government memorandum regarding mobility of personal between centre/state to autonomous body and vice versa while working under pensionable establishments.

My queries are:
    1. Whether university can forfeit my earlier service, even if I have applied through proper channel.
    2. Do the autonomous bodies have the right to adopt or not adopt the governments memorandum regarding pension ( mobility of person………….working under pensionable establishment).
    3. Should I be treated as new recruit if I have accepted the terms and condition of joining the post.

Please help.

Junior Member pathakv26 is on a distinguished road

Dear senior member,
    Please solve my problem.

My case: is regarding pensionery benefits on joining State Autonomus Body (HP Krishi Vishavavidyalaya) after 1/1/2004, while earlier I was under pensionable establishment ( Veterinary Officer, State Government)

Case is as follows:
    1. Earlier I was working in state government (HP) as Veterinary Officer, under pensionable establishment (CCS Pension Rule 1972, from September 2000.
    2. I applied for the post of Assistant Professor through an independent advertisement on 2008, I applied after getting the no objection certificate from the government (HP)
    3. I joined in the university (state autonomous body) on 21 Jan 2009. My appointment letter had the condition (no.2) that “ you will be entitled to contributory pension scheme as notified by the state government for new recruits hired after 15.5.2003, as adopted by the CSK HPKV Palampur.
    4. At the time of joining I had retained the lien with the parent department for two years, which expired on 23rd jan 2011. I wrote the state government to terminate the lien, if it cannot be extended for one more year.
    5. Now I have applied to the university authority for governing me under pension scheme which was present in the university before 15/5/2003. But the authorities has refused for this and are citing the reasons:
    a) that you are new recruit and appointed after 2003
    b) that we have not adopted the government memorandum regarding mobility of personal between centre/state to autonomous body and vice versa while working under pensionable establishments.

My queries are:
    1. Whether university can forfeit my earlier service, even if I have applied through proper channel.
    2. Do the autonomous bodies have the right to adopt or not adopt the governments memorandum regarding pension ( mobility of person………….working under pensionable establishment).
    3. Should I be treated as new recruit if I have accepted the terms and condition of joining the post.

Please help.

Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road

as you are new recruity to an autonous body you will be entitled for contributory pension scheme as per the appointment order but as you have applied after taking noc you are also eligible for retiremental benefits from your previous organisation so you have claim it from them and that will be payable to you after you lien is terminated and resignation is accepted.

Rakesh

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Since you have completed for more than 10 years service you tender technical resignation. In that case you will be treated as deemed to have been retired and shall be paid pension @ 50% of last pay drawn+gratuity, leave encashment, etc.

Junior Member merananak is on a distinguished road

I got this information from some site. Some body has filed a RTI to DoPT and got the following reply:-
    The Director
    Dept. of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
    Lok Nayak Bhawan
    New Delhi – 110 003

Dear Sir,
    Sub: Request for Information under the provisions of RTI Act
    At the outset, I would request you, in case you are not presently the Central Public Information Officer, to kindly pass this Request to the concerned officer for furnishing me the following information. The necessary Postal Order for Rs.10/= is enclosed.
    1. Whether Central Govt employees getting absorbed in Central Public Sector Undertakings (Central PSUs), with a qualifying service of more than 10 years but less than 20 years, are eligible for Full Pension (and NOT pro-rata pension) as per provisions contained in item No. 5.3 under the category PENSION in OM F. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2nd September 2008?
    2. If answer to the above is yes, will the past pensioners absorbed in Central PSUs before 1.1.2006, who did not avail 100% Commutation in lieu of the earlier pro-rata pension, are also eligible to get their Basic Pension refixed based on the principle under item (1) above in conjunction with the revision of Pension as per guidelines issued vide OM F.No. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1st September 2008?

The Reply received from DOP & PW:
    Sir,
    Please refer to your RTI Application dated 8.5.2010 received by this CPIO on 7.6.2010.
    2. Regarding your query No.1, it is confirmed that para 5.3 of OM dated 2.9.08 is applicable, among others, to Central Government employees absorbed in PSUs etc. on or after 1.1.2006.
    3. Regarding Query No.2, the provisions of OM dated 2.9.08 are not applicable to those who retired / got absorbed in PSUs etc. before 1.1.2006. Their pension is to be revised w.e.f 1.1.2006 in accordance with OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.08 as clarified from time to time.
    4. If you are not satisfied with the above reply, you may submit an appeal to the Appellate Authority. The Appellate Authority is Mrs. Tripti P. Ghosh, Director (PP), Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare.

+ Reply to Thread