+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pay fixation from the date of promotion/upgradation

  1. #1
    Junior Member NARESH KUMAR is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default Pay fixation from the date of promotion/upgradation

    As per revised pay rules one can get his fixation from the date of promotion/upgradation by forgoing arrears till that date
    but what if anyone opt from date of refixation on promotion(as per his earlier option) in the pre revised structure?

  2. #2
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear friend
    What do you mean by refixation of pay on promotion. Kindly clarify
    Jitendra

  3. #3
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default Pay fixation

    Dear Sir,

    There is lot of confusion on this issue. It is stated that if a person who got his promotion or ACP between 1.1.2006 and 31.8.2008 has to exercise his option for pay fixation. They have already given one option to fix their pay in the revised pay structure of 6 cpc wef 1.1.2006. After this they have got ACP or promotion and they have to exercise option for pay fixation on acp/promotion. As per clause b) of the MACP orders if they opt for pay fixation from the date of their ACP/promotion their pay will be fixed in the revised pay structure from the date of ACP. In that case they have to surrender the arrears drawn in the revised pay structure from 1.1.2006 to their date of acp or promotion. This notion is right or wrong is to discussed. Please elicit your views on this aspect.
    Last edited by aneesh; 13-08-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typing error

  4. #4
    Junior Member NARESH KUMAR is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I explain it through an example
    an officer was promoted to the pre revise scale of 7450-225- from 6500-200-10500 from 01.04.2006 and she opted to get her pay fixed w.e.f 01.08.2006 from her dni,so her pay was fixed twice in the pay scale of 7450,ie rs.7450 from 01.04.2006 and 7900 from 01.08.2006, now both these post have been merged to 4800 grade pay and the lady wants to get his pay commission fixation from 01.08.2006.
    Is it possible?

  5. #5
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Naresh
    She can definitely opt to fix her pay from the date of increment i.e. 1/8/06 whereby her pay was Rs.7900/-, by loosing her arrear till 31/7/06. But if she had already submitted her option otherwise, she cann't change it now.
    Jitendra

  6. #6
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Aneesh
    The option given under MACPS is similar to that one given in CCS(RP) Rules 2008 where one can opt to get his pay fixed from the date of his increment/promotion/ACP by loosing his arrear up to that date. Since ACP scheme was not clarified ealier, MoF while issuing order of MACPS, add this provision again. Any one can opt it if it is beneficial to him. This was included only because most of the Deptt had stopped granting ACP after 1/1/06 and no one was clear about provisions of MACPS.
    Jitendra
    Last edited by jitendraacr; 13-08-2009 at 09:07 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default Option for pay fixation

    Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Dear Shri Aneesh
    The option given under MACPS is similar to that one given in CCS(RP) Rules 2008 where one can opt to get his pay fixed from the date of his increment/promotion/ACP by loosing his arrear up to that date. Since ACP scheme was not clarified ealier, MoF while issuing order of MACPS, add this provision again. Any one can opt it if it is beneficial to him. This was included only because most of the Deptt had stopped granting ACP after 1/1/06 and no one was clear about provisions of MACPS.
    Jitendra
    Many of the employees have got regular promotion after 1.1.2006. For eg. Mr. x got regular promotion from GP 2400 to 4200 on 5.5.2008. He has already switched over to new pay structure wef 1.1.2006 and given new grade pay of 2400. He got his promotion to the higher post on 5.5.2008 and was given gp of Rs.4200 as applicable to the new post. He exercised his option to fix his pay from the DNI 1.7.2008 under FR 22 1 a (i). His pay was fixed giving grade pay of 4200 on the date of promotion and refixed giving two increments (one normal and one notional on promotion) with GP 4200. Hope this is correct. Please clarify whether in his case he has to surrender the arrears drawn by him from 1.1.2006 to 1.7.2008 in the revised pay structure which he has drawn in gp 2400/-

  8. #8
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Aneesh
    Pay fixation as per given data is correct. There are two different things. (i) If opted for revised structure w.e.f. 1/1/06 and promoted later on. Pay will be fixed in revised structure w.e.f. 1/1/06 and again on date of promotion. Again if some one opt to get his pay fixed from the date of increment, he will be allowed to draw GP of promotional post from the date of promotion but actual pay fixation (i.e. two increments) will be allowed on date of increment only.(ii) If opted from the date of promotion/ACP and not from the 1/1/06, person will loose his arrear till date of his promotion and fixation will be done as per rules existing befre 1/1/06. After fixing his pay in this way, his pay will be fixed in revised pay structure.
    Jitendra

  9. #9
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default Pay fixation

    Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Dear Aneesh
    Pay fixation as per given data is correct. There are two different things. (i) If opted for revised structure w.e.f. 1/1/06 and promoted later on. Pay will be fixed in revised structure w.e.f. 1/1/06 and again on date of promotion. Again if some one opt to get his pay fixed from the date of increment, he will be allowed to draw GP of promotional post from the date of promotion but actual pay fixation (i.e. two increments) will be allowed on date of increment only.(ii) If opted from the date of promotion/ACP and not from the 1/1/06, person will loose his arrear till date of his promotion and fixation will be done as per rules existing befre 1/1/06. After fixing his pay in this way, his pay will be fixed in revised pay structure.
    Jitendra
    Sir
    Thank you for your reply. I need one more clarification. In case of (ii) above if fixation is done as per the old rule what percentage of DA will be added while fixation in the revised pay structure. Whether DA as on 1.1.2006 or as on the date of acp/promotion ? If it is as on 1.1.2006 will it benefit anyone? I feel if 1.86 formula is followed it may not be beneficial.

  10. #10
    Junior Member teacher2009 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default C.d.s

    this is regarding one of my collegues C.D.S she joined the institute on18th aug 1994. she was given promotion to the next scale in jan 2007, though she completed her 12 years on aug 2006. her basic was 7250 on 1.1.2006 in the pre revised scale of 5500-9000. she wants to know
    1.why the CDS was not given in aug 2006?
    2. in the new pay comm her increment month is july. so what should be her present basic in 9300- 34000 pay band 4200 ? kindly give a reply

  11. #11
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Aneesh
    DA will be counted as on date of ACP/Promotion. Separate rates for DA on old pay have been issued separately.
    Jitendra

  12. #12
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teacher2009 View Post
    this is regarding one of my collegues C.D.S she joined the institute on18th aug 1994. she was given promotion to the next scale in jan 2007, though she completed her 12 years on aug 2006. her basic was 7250 on 1.1.2006 in the pre revised scale of 5500-9000. she wants to know
    1.why the CDS was not given in aug 2006?
    2. in the new pay comm her increment month is july. so what should be her present basic in 9300- 34000 pay band 4200 ? kindly give a reply
    Could you please explain the term CDS.
    Jitendra

  13. #13
    Junior Member teacher2009 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Could you please explain the term CDS.
    Jitendra
    C.D.S means career develpment scheme. after the complition of 12 years in a scale , we teachers get promoted to the next scale.

  14. #14
    Junior Member naresh chandra is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I don't feel that CDS is any terms used in the scales of teachers. Rather it is ACP (Financial upgradation) wherein residency period in one scale/ grade) is 12 years.

  15. #15
    Junior Member NARESH KUMAR is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Dear jitender
    This is with reference to your reply to my querry
    I WOULD HAVE LOVE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT EXPLANATION 1 UNDER RULE
    5 OF REVISED PAY RULES(NOTIFICATION) SEEMS TO BE SUGGESSTING DIFFERRENTLY.
    IT SAYS ONE CAN NOT RETAIN TWO SCALES IN PRE REVISE STRUCTURE AND IN THE SAID CASE IF SHE IS ALLOWED FIXATION FROM 01.08.2006 SHE WOULD BE RETAINING 6500 AS WELL AS 7450 SCALES.AS SHE HAS DRAWN PAY IN 6500 SCALE FROM 01.01.2006 & 7450 SCALE FROM 01.04.2006.
    PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS

  16. #16
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Naresh
    You may agree or not but what I had quoted is perfect under rules. Here is no question of retaining two pay scales. Once she got promoted to higher post carrying pay scale of Rs.7450-11000/-w.e.f. 1/4/06, she ceases to draw pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/-. She will be considered in pay scale of 7450-11000/- for all purposes from the date oof her promotion. Where is the second scale which you have mentioned. It is a simple formula of pay fixation on promotion from a later date(DNI) and it still exists even in CCS(RP) Rules,2008.
    with regards
    Jitendra

  17. #17
    Junior Member NARESH KUMAR is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    dear jitender
    you have explained my view though concluded diferrently.
    in my view one can opt from dni in 2006,2007 or 2008 provided that his scale was not changed after 01.01.2006 and if
    his scale was changed after 01.01.2006 he can opt from that date or from dni prior to that date.
    any way for the time being let us agree to disagree.
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Pay Fixation on Later date than Jan2006
    By nazir_1367 in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. Pay fixation on upgradation
    By balauma in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
  4. Pay fixation with upgradation
    By RIZVI M H in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-09-2008, 12:25 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-09-2008, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts