+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earned leave on Increment date

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Default Earned leave on Increment date

Hi all..

I dont know whether this is the right post under the heading..

In earlier days when an officer takes EL on his increment date, the increment used to be granted only after the officer joins duty after EL. Now, after everybody getting increment on same date, i.e., on 01 July, is there any relaxation of this aspect?

Member akraiism is on a distinguished road

No, there is no relaxation in previous rule,it still exists.I too am sufferer of this rule and i got increment on 5th of july 2007 only as i was on EL on enitial 4 days of july 2007.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    It is true that there is no relaxation in this rule. But there is a benefit to those who availed EOL for more than a month but less than six month, their next increment will not be shifted since 6 complete month service is enough for grant of next increment now.
    Jitendra

Junior Member sunshine is on a distinguished road

Due to prefixed w/off 1 July and c/off 2 July connected with EL, increment date will be shift from 1 July to 3 July ? If there is Saturday & Sunday on 1 July & 2 July?
    Last edited by sunshine; 23-05-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Due to prefixed w/off 1 July and c/off 2 July connected with EL, increment date will be shift from 1 July to 3 July ? If there is Saturday & Sunday on 1 July & 2 July?
    No, in my opinion, it will not (i.e. increment will be from 01 Jul only).

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Increment shall postponed for an official who is on leave on 1 July

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Increment shall postponed for an official who is on leave on 1 July
    I hope you mean financial effect. But the date of increment remains 01 Jul only.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    I hope you mean financial effect. But the date of increment remains 01 Jul only.
    The date of increment remains same as 1st July only. However, the benefit of increment will accrue from the date of joining from leave. This is due to the reason that a govt. official while on leave does not draw duty pay but draws leave salary which is based on the pay drawn before proceeding on leave. Hence, the leave salary cannot be changed and any benefit admissible can accrue only from the date of joining from leave. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For eg. pay revision consequent to 6CPC will be admissible w.e.f. 1.1.2006 even though an official could be on leave on that day.

Victor

Thank you, Victor, Sir.

Rgds

RK

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Increment

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    As far as my knowledge goes, CL, RH, GH, Work off and CH will not attract accrual of increment from reporting for duty. It is in case of EL/HPL/EOL etc only this rule is applicable.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar
    Last edited by prasannakumar; 25-05-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Junior Member kolwadkar is on a distinguished road

it is high time to look into this and try to modify it. if a person is on sanctioned leave whether E/L or CL or any ther leave then he should get increment from July 1.

Junior Member gelhthoh is on a distinguished road

Default technically you get the increment on 1 July

In my opinion every one get the increment / higher pay for any purpose from 1 july even when on Leave. But, if one is on Leave on the date of increment i.e 1 July what he miss is only the finnancial benefits or effect. Suppose your old pay before increment 1 july is 500 and new pay after increment is 510, you will drawn 510 from the date of return from leave but actually your pay w.e.f 1 july is already 510 for all purpose except that you loose the financial benefit. Your pay will be consider 510 w.e.f 1 july whatever you date of resume duty. The analogy is notional promotion on date back case - where a person is consider to have been promoted to the grade earlier than he actually assumed charge and when he is only allow to drawn the higher pay only on the date of assumption of charge. or in other words, a notional promotion where financial benefit is not allow.
    Last edited by gelhthoh; 18-05-2012 at 11:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread