+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Child Care Leave

Junior Member aakk1809 is on a distinguished road

Default Child Care Leave

Govt orders on Child Care Leave do not take into account cases where a male Govt servant, who is a widower, has to take care of minor children. It would be discriminatory to deny him similar facilities. Again, for working couples, home making is a joint responsibility and it is not correct to suggest that only the woman has to take care of the responsibilities of rearing up children even when they are grown up and are in school.Ideally, the facility should be extended to both and it should be left to the couple to decide who will avail of the leave when.

Junior Member mk1969 is on a distinguished road

Wink Child care leave

You are correct. Child care leave must be extended to male employees also. If paternity leave can be granted like the maternity leave, Father is also supposed to be equally responsible for looking after his children.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

then who will work in offices. 50% of staff will remain on leave. no government can satisfy every one. your objection though geniune, is not feasible.

Junior Member srinivas is on a distinguished road

Talking Child Care Leave

I think this is one of the most preposterous decisions yet !!! Granting 730 days leave in addition to maternity leave plus normal EL/HPL/CL would entitle a newcomer who delivers a child within few weeks of joining to something like 3 to 4 years of paid leave, without doing anything ! The best thing would be when she decides to leave the govt. soon after ! God save the depts. having more women employees ! ALso, this does not affect their promotions...WOW !!! poor male emloyees....
    What about senior women emloyees ? They too, would have spent their leave in looking after their children. Why deny them this Right ?
    If this facility albeit to a limited extent is given to male employees, too, in line with Paternity leave...then Balle, balle !!!

Govt offices will rock !

Junior Member aakk1809 is on a distinguished road

Default Child Care Leave

In fact, I agree with Srinivas. I only wanted to show that the wisdom in introducing this Leave should have been extended to other similarly placed employees, or even worse-placed ones as in the case of widowers. Government has tried to be overzealous in proving its concern for the women employees but as a matter of fact, has ended up suggesting that it matters little whether women employees really come to office - in the case of the majority, who cares whether they habitually come late or leave early or do not come at all. It is just being regularised now. How else would one justify grant of leave to a woman employee (and not her husband) on the gound that her son/daughter has to take, say the +2 Board exam ? My point was that if the Government has a reason, then it applies to the others as well who may be more deserving ! But the Government seems to think that women employees have their primary role in homes and the office should not expect much from them. Women should find this insulting.

Junior Member REX88 is on a distinguished road

Default statistics

IMHE, people who take/accept responsibility [male/female]continue to toil in Govt' service. people who don't, go Scot free. anyhow, (except for a few unfortunate souls), people who intend to take this long leave might not be missed much. most probably, there may be some 'smilingmouth' person available to carry on the excess burden. In my Dept, i guess there must be at least 50% women employees. The latest recruitment happened more than 12 years ago, and it is more likely they might be having their kids aged any where from 10 yrs. to 5 yrs. Hence lady colleagues who have their kids less than 18 might be 20%-30% of them. This back of the envelope calculation shows that only 10%-15% of the total employees are eligible for this extended leave, which might not burn an alarming hole in the work burden. correct me if i am wrong. btw, is there any official way of checking the above facts?-reg, rex.

Junior Member dinu is on a distinguished road

Well, it is true that any benefit from govt normally gets misused. But generalising the comment on entire women employees sounds harsh in view of the following:
    1. The child care leave allows the female employee to utlilise the same over a period till the kid turns 18.
    2. A generalise comment on the subject would hurt those female employees who might not have children or who might have lost their kids even before they turn 18.
    3. Just like those who claim all the work are done by them with their female collegues sittiing idle, similar instances may exist the other way too in many departments.
    So anyone who is upset with leave bonanza to female employees think twice before you ink.
    On the other side of the coin, genuine issue that arises with this child care leave is what is the benefit for the father who lost his wife while in service but is having kids aged below 18 years.

This issue is not an emotional one but we can discuss it in right prospective. Think if the leave already available to us are not sufficient for all this purpose. have no lady has taken care of their ward before 1/9/2008? May be it was difficult for some to manage their entire responsibilities withput extra leave. But this can not be given to all without any reason. Is the child of more than 10-12 years require care of his mother as a newly born required. What is happening now every one wants to "behti ganga main haath dho lo". All the women whoose children are below 18 yeaRS ARE PLANNING TO GO ON LONG VACATION due to this privileged leave whether it is needed or not but nobody want to miss the opportunity. Is it solve the purpose for which Govt. has announced it. There must be some restriction on it. I am not against female employees but there must be some geniune grounds for granting such a long leave. Is it possible to have such a long leave in Private Companies. Will their employee will not take care of their ward. IDEALISTIC HONA ALAG BAAT HAI, PRACTICAL HONA ALAG.

Junior Member rsub2008

Angry child care

It is highly ridiculous providing leave for two years with salary for the mother. Instead of protesting against this policy, asking leave for father is another tragedy. Non one have self conscious to earn money for their work. Sitting idle and getting money is a sin. Even God won't forgive the persons who are taking bread without hardwork. If anyone want India to become a developed country they won't think and implement these type of ideas.

Junior Member Chief is on a distinguished road

Default Ccl

Thanks for the response . Now my further point of clarification required on the following;;
    Other than withholding of pay and non-entitlement of T A / Hra etc ,can departmental action be initiated against the lady staff for
    Proceeding on CCL without obtaining prior approval from the authority on charge of unauthorized absence ?Do you members think such action on part of the authority may discourage the numbers of opportunist employees?
    I am afraid some may strongly oppose such stern action for curbing the benefit extended
    To the central govt employees…

Dear friend
    Since child care leave is only one more kind of leave, it will be governed under CCS(Leave) Rules already exists. Any action as prescribed for unauthorised absence can be taken even in this case. There is no if or but.

As I came to know, Govt is going to make some restriction on it. They are considering to allow CCL to those only who have exhausted their EL and HPL.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Sanction and denial

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Thanks for the response . Now my further point of clarification required on the following;;
    Other than withholding of pay and non-entitlement of T A / Hra etc ,can departmental action be initiated against the lady staff for
    Proceeding on CCL without obtaining prior approval from the authority on charge of unauthorized absence ?Do you members think such action on part of the authority may discourage the numbers of opportunist employees?
    I am afraid some may strongly oppose such stern action for curbing the benefit extended
    To the central govt employees…
    Dear Sir, I agree with Shri Jitendraacr. Further, I am of the view that office exigencies shall be kept in front of personal comfort. Again in spite of denial, if a person proceeding on leave, and even after winning he has to work in the same office. But, as far as my experience, we get approval first before proceeding on leave. We don't vacate in the name of right. We see that the office also understands our position, and in case of genuine reasons, office only can come to the rescue in difficult circumstances. Leave is not there just for availing as it is available. It shall be better utilised on needy circumstances. It is applicable for any type of leave, even c.l. If our office knows about our attitude and behaviour, there may not be any denial unreasonably. What may be expected from the office ultimately, instead of this week or this time, they may suggest alternate so that both the purpose can be resolved. Both sides if gives patience hearing and application of mind, there can be no reason why and how a leave could be denied. If at all a leave is denied finally, there must be some justifying reasons, which the concerned office/authority only may know. One has put him in the other man's shoes and think of his position. we shall demonstrate and set good precedences in the official life so that one can be remembered even when he is not there in the office.

Best Regards.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation ccl

Let us view it this way.
    A lady has spent one year child care leave on each of her two children. Effectively, she has got 5.6 percent more pay (pay without work is taken as more pay, here) than you for each child.
    Looking into the inconvenience, discomfort (sorry for using these words)during pregnancy, coupled with the indescribable labourpain, is it worth minding this kind of 5.6% (even it is a largesse) shown to the weaker sex, should not be looked down upon and no brows need be raised.

Having said that, we, the male counterparts, can expect the other side to put in more efforts to give more quantum and better quality of work, now that they (women employees) will have no complaint to make.

By the way, most of the Males do not even exhaust the full quota of 8 CL and 2 RH. Not only this.

I place it on Record that my wife is not a "Government Servant".

With warm regards to all.

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Smile

Badriji...You got it..

Why should we, menfolk, be envious of our female collegues. I know most of us dont even change nappy of our own child.. How many of us take pains to teach our children in homework and studies, How many of us do babysitting when our wife is cooking dinner..
    Let them also have a nice time..

regards

caveat: my wife is not a Govt. employee...

Friends

After 6th CPC recommendations, it is perhaps the most discussed topic among the government employees as well as among those who are least concerned with government activities and are working in private companies with great facilities including higher pay packages. They are also jealous about us for this kind of benefit which they even can not think. Perhaps we should leave the topic to discussed for those who are not government servant. We must appreciate the government intention though it is meant for female employees. It may open a door for other similar benefit to all of us. Why we act as Government in all such issue. Rather appreciating the move, we are posing ourselves as against of this move only because our wifes are not a government servant. What happens if our wife would have been a governemnt servant.
    Moreover it is for sure that certain restrictions are ought to come after which only geniune cases will be left. At that time no one will have any probvlem.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Leave for Child care

Quote Originally Posted by aakk1809 View Post
    Govt orders on Child Care Leave do not take into account cases where a male Govt servant, who is a widower, has to take care of minor children. It would be discriminatory to deny him similar facilities. Again, for working couples, home making is a joint responsibility and it is not correct to suggest that only the woman has to take care of the responsibilities of rearing up children even when they are grown up and are in school.Ideally, the facility should be extended to both and it should be left to the couple to decide who will avail of the leave when.
    Yes please. I fully agree with Shri Jitendrajee and thanks for his positive approach. Initially, the thread started with Shri AAKK's query but got diverted midway. As there are so many other important issues like minimum pay in the higher pay band , pay fixation among scales merged in the case of promotees, and max. qualifying service, minimum pay in the pay band corresponding to pre-revised scale, etc. in respect of Pensioners, Modified ACP Scheme, LTC to NER by fresh recruits, etc., we may better focus our attention on such issues as time will lapse in getting quick response from the concerned authorities. Our continued attempt for common interest of all employees whether serving or retired, will achieve the desired results at some point of time.

Best Regards.

Member sanchali is on a distinguished road

child care leave should be leave without pay because employees are taking undue advantage. they are taking child care leave for a long stretch, for about five to ten months just to enjoy child care leave as thier child is about to complete 18 years. some employees are enjoying ccl for thier medical problems to save medical leave. some employees are joining other private offices, there by getting salary from thier govt. offices and at the same time from new private office. Some employees are involved in private buisness . Govt. has granted ccl for the needy employees having no ELwhen thier child is sick or having examination but the employees are enjoying it for thier own interest.
    When some one is taking EL she is giving away one day salary (not getting salary for that day, where as those who are availing CCL for 730 days they are getting pay without work. It seems punishment to those employees who have worked in the office there by accumulated EL( not getting CCL),but reward to those employees who have enjoyed EL, not given service to the governmet, still rewarded with 730 days CCL with pay. It means they are earning salary for 730 days withot work. it is very strange that who is accumulating 300 days erned leave by working is getting pay for 300 days only.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Child care leave

Let me explain the rationale behind of child care leave many of you are not aware that in order to encourage breast feeding it was recommendations of unicef that maternity leave be for two years(.) many countries have accepted this and leave being granted considering the need and requirement(.) workers in many countries work considering it a mission(.) however in india to develop vote bank, politicians (great intellectuals) granted a bonanza for the women employee and it is an attemt to make them shirk work

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Default ccl

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Let me explain the rationale behind of child care leave many of you are not aware that in order to encourage breast feeding it was recommendations of unicef that maternity leave be for two years(.) many countries have accepted this and leave being granted considering the need and requirement(.) workers in many countries work considering it a mission(.) however in india to develop vote bank, politicians (great intellectuals) granted a bonanza for the women employee and it is an attemt to make them shirk work
    Sir,

If it is so the ccl should have been allowed till the age of the child is 1 0r 2 years and not upto 18 years

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Child Care Leave

I ALREADY POINTED OUT THAT IN INDIA VOTE BANK IS SUPREME AND THE POLITICAL LEADERS IN ORDER TO DEVELOP THEIR VOTE BANK TRY TO PLEASE ONE SECTION OF SOCIETY, i.e. WOMEN WORKING IN GOVERNMENT ORGANISATIONS(.) FOR POLITICIANS LET THE COUNTRY TO GO TO HELL(.) DUE TO CHILD CARE LEAVE MANY WOMEN EMPLOYESS WHO HAVE GROWN UP CHILDREN PROCEEDED ON LEAVE SINCE IT IS BONANZA FOR THEM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast