+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTC availability for spouse of PSU BANKS/LIC

Junior Member baku3471 is on a distinguished road

Default LTC availability for spouse of PSU BANKS/LIC

Hi!
    I am an employee of Life Insurance Corporation of India (PSU) and my wife is an employee of Khadi Village and Industries Commission (Ministry of SSI/ CG). So far we (me, my wife and my daughter) have availed LTC from my ogranisation (LICI)
    Our LTC block is like 01.04.2008 to 31.03.2010 and it is already utilised/taken.
    But now if me and my family want to avail the LTC of my wife's organisation (KVIC <CG>) { their LTC Block is like 01.01.2006 to 31.12.2009} is it permissible?

And would the certificate {according to Swamy's manual}, to be prodused by my wife to her office, in future give any legal bar against availing LTC from my organisation?

Please reply.

Is there any concrete rule? If possible send me a link.

[email protected]

Junior Member CGman is on a distinguished road

Your status is as follows,

You are with LIC (where Central Civil Services [CCS] rules are NOT applicable)
    Your wife is Central Govt employee (CCS rules ARE applicable)

Your LTC Block: 01.04.2008 to 31.03.2010
    Your Wife's LTC Block: 01.01.2006 to 31.12.2009

This shows your block years are different.

Now look closely the EXISTING CCS LTC rules

In LTC rules it is clearly mentioned that when husband and wife are government servants the husband or wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of spouse CANNOT claim LTC independently for self (Para. 1 of LTC rules). Whereas in case spouse is employed in PSU (LIC in this case) this CONDITION IS NOT APPLICABLE. In such situation the Para 6 should be applicable

Para. 6 of LTC rules reads as under;

When the spouse of the Government servant is employed in an office OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT. OFFICE where LTC facilities are available.- The central government servant should furnish a certificate as under at the time of preferring the claim for LTC:-

“Certified that my wife/husband for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in ………, which provides leave travel concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer”….Order No: 25

COMMENT: That is all what is required in your case. So as per the existing rule your wife has to submit the above mentioned certificate when LTC intimation is given to her office.

NOW: watch the statements;

“Certified that my wife/husband for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in ………, which provides leave travel concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer”….Order No: 25

INTERPRETATION:

As per para 6 mentioned above, there is a clear-cut provision that your wife should declare (Order 25) that you are employed in LIC which provides LTC facilities has not availed and will not avail “any claim in this behalf to her employer”. "In this behalf" means that when She is availing LTC from CG office, her husband should not simultaneously claim LTC from her employer for the same journey. Also YOU ARE NOT AVAILING THE LTC FOR THE SAME BLOCK YEAR (Block years are different for both)

Now the question is whether you are allowed to avail LTC from your office. Your eligilibilty for LTC depends on the rule provision existing in LIC, where I believe LIC LTC rule does not prevent.

Is there any concrete rule? NO., The interpretation of the existing rule is mentioned above. But in general the CG offices are reluctant as the rules are not concrete on this issue.

AND WOULD THE CERTIFICATE {ACCORDING TO SWAMY'S MANUAL}, TO BE PRODUCED BY MY WIFE TO HER OFFICE, IN FUTURE GIVE ANY LEGAL BAR AGAINST AVAILING LTC FROM MY ORGANISATION?

AS per the intrepretaion of the existing rule provision there should not be any problem. But action is to be taken from LIC office. But unfortunately the administrative people are not that helpful in this matter.

Solution to this is to get a clarification (by providing all details of existing rule provision) from MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES & PENSION, Dept of Personnel and Training, New Delhi.

Why not try to contact Deputy Secretary to Govt. of India. telephone: 011-2309 3176 (This telephone no: is taken from one of the LTC orders issued) and get clarification.

Best of Luck

Hi!
    My wife has submitted a certificate, from my organisation (LICI) , stating therein that I have taken leave for my journey and I am not availing any LTC from LICI for this particular journey for me and my family, at her office for the LTC claim. But now they are telling to mention my office the Block of my availed LTC (01.04.2008 to 31.03.2010). and the dealing personnel is of openion that if the block collide with their block (01.01.2006 to 31.12.2009) then it will be tuff for the sanction of the claim! I will certainly submit the certificate from my organisation (LICI) stating my availed block, but will it really prevent from this claim? And it is astonishing that they are not wanting the certificate from my wife as described in para# 6 of LTC rules of CG!
    May we refer this case to Dept. of Personnel and training, Govt. of India?
    If yes, then how? Is it through proper channel or directly we can connect?
    Through proper channel will certainly take a long time and our journey date is on 06.10.2009!
    Please reply.
    Thanx.
    [email protected]
    Last edited by baku3471; 29-08-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Das
    What I knew, in LIC, LTC is given for 1500 kms for two years block and it can be taken upto 3000 kms for four year block. The blocks are financial year wise. Now as regards ur query, the interpretation of dealing clerk seems to be right. If you have availed 2008-10 blocks, i think you have exhausted your LTC block in LIC which ends in 2010. It simply means that your wife can not claim LTC for the block year 2006-09 even if you produced certificate from employer(though it is not possible now since you have availed the block). I hope I may right. However, you may try the Telephone No. (I feel no body will pickup the phone) given by Shri CGmen for further clarification.
    Jitendra

But according to
    CG MAN

We are discussing about the EXISTING LTC RULE PROVISION, when wife and husband are working in Central Govt. and "other than Central Govt" respectively.

It is very clearly mentioned in CCS LTC rules that if wife AND husband are working in "central govt. service" ONLY one can avail LTC. Hence no question of discussion on this issue IF BOTH ARE CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES.

But when wife/husband is a "central Govt employee" AND his/her spouse is working in "other than central govt. organisation" (like PSU, Banks etc.) the above rule does not apply. In such situation AS PER CCS LTC rules the central govt. employee should furnish a statement as mentioned in the above rule.

It may be noted that as per the rule provision mentioned above BOTH can avail LTC from THEIR respective offices, as the existing rule provision does not clearly mentions about it.

Also there are cases where the spouse works in an organisation ("other than central Govt. Oraganisation") where LTC is for a period based on their date of joining (eg. Block year from 13 November 2005 to 12 November 2007), where as in central govt. it is fixed (i.e. 01-01-2005 to 31-12-2008), which is al together a different block.

Hence if we are talking about the existing rule provisions mentioned in CCS LTC rule there is nothing which prevent BOTH to avail LTC, if one is working in "central Govt. service) and other in "other than central Govt. Organisation"

Para. 6 of CCS LTC rules reads as under;

When the spouse of the Government servant is employed in an office other than a central government office where LTC facilities are available.- The central government servant should furnish a certificate as under at the time of preferring the claim for LTC:-

Certified that my wife/husband for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in ----------, which provides leave travel concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer ------Order No: 25

As per the above rule provision when one claims LTC from Central Govt. Office for a particular journey, his/her spouse should not claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

In LTC rules it is clearly mentioned that when husband and wife are Central government servants the husband or wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of spouse cannot claim LTC independently for self (Para. 1 of LTC rules). Whereas in case spouse is employed in PSU (other than Central Govt.) this condition is not applicable. In such situation the Para 6 quoted above should be applicable.

As per para 6 mentioned above, there is a clear-cut provision that one should declare that his/her spouse who is employed in a PSU (OFFICE OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.) which provides LTC facilities has not availed and will not avail any claim in this behalf to her employer. This means that when husband/wife is availing LTC from Central Govt. Office, his/her wife/husband should not simultaneously claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, ONE CAN AVAIL LTC FROM CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE AND \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.OFFICE\", PROVIDED THE \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE\" DOES NOT HAVE A RULE PROVISION PROHIBITING LTC.

We are discussing about the EXISTING LTC RULE PROVISION, when wife and husband are working in "Central Govt.,Here Khadi & Village Industries Commission, Ministry of MSME" and "Other than Central Govt: PSU like LIC or Bank" respectively.

It is very clearly mentioned in CCS LTC rules that if wife AND husband are working in "central govt. service" ONLY one can avail LTC. Hence no question of discussion on this issue IF BOTH ARE CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES.

But when wife/husband is a "Central Govt employee" AND his/her spouse is working in "other than central govt. organisation" (like PSU:LIC, Banks etc.) the above rule does not apply. In such situation AS PER CCS LTC rules the central govt. employee should furnish a statement as mentioned in the above rule.

It may be noted that as per the rule provision mentioned above BOTH can avail LTC from THEIR respective offices, as the existing rule provision does not clearly mentions about it.

Also there are cases where the HUSBAND/ WIFE works in an organisation ("Other than central Govt. Oraganisation, PSU: LIC, BANK etc.") where LTC is for a block of ONCE IN TWO FINANCIAL YEARS (April 2012 to March 2014), whereas the WIFE / HUSBAND works in Central Govt. it is fixed ONCE IN FOUR CALENDER YEARS (i.e. 01-01-2010 to 31-12-2013): IT IS CLEARLY SHOWING THAT BLOCKS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND THE TIME FRAMES ARE ALSO DIFFERENT.

Hence if we are talking about the existing rule provisions mentioned in CCS LTC rule there is nothing which prevent BOTH to avail LTC, if one is working in "central Govt. service) and other in "other than central Govt. Organisation: PSU: LIC or Bank".
    Keeping it in mind for EACH TIME & TRAVEL ONLY ONE(WIFE /HUSBAND) SHOULD MAKE LTC CLAIM TO HER/HIS EMPLOYER (Central Govt./ PSU: LIC or BANK etc.).
    and furnish Certificate / Declaration as per CCS LTC rules.

+ Reply to Thread