+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Children Education Allowance

Junior Member rralluri is on a distinguished road

Default Children Education Allowance

Whether the children education allowance paid by the Govt Servant is reimbursable if the institution or school in which the children are studying is not recognized?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rralluri View Post
    Whether the children education allowance paid by the Govt Servant is reimbursable if the institution or school in which the children are studying is not recognized?
    Dear Friend,

Children Education Allowance is admissible only to the children studying in recognized schools.

Junior Member ramanjoshi is on a distinguished road

Default children education allowance

I know that children edu allce is admissible to two children only.My question to you is that is the third child admissible for claiming if he or she is born out of twin pregnancy second time.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ramanjoshi View Post
    I know that children edu allce is admissible to two children only.My question to you is that is the third child admissible for claiming if he or she is born out of twin pregnancy second time.
    Dear Mr. Joshi,

If the number of children exceeds two as a result of second child birth resulting in twins or multiple births, Children Education Allowance will be admissible for more than two children also.

Junior Member JIJOKMAT3 is on a distinguished road

Refer GOV Order 12011/03/2008-Estt.(Allowance)Dt 11-NOV-2008

and
    1201 111 612009-( Allowance)Dt 13-NOV-09
    Last edited by JIJOKMAT3; 06-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Rds,

JIJO MATHEW

Junior Member JIJOKMAT3 is on a distinguished road

Dear Friend,Your answer is not up to the mark

Refer GOV Order 12011/03/2008-Estt.(Allowance)Dt 11-NOV-2008
    Rds,

JIJO MATHEW

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Only recognised institutions

Junior Member pdmaru is on a distinguished road

Default children 's education

Dear
    Education should be taken in recognised school either it may be private school.It should be recognised by the concern authority.

Junior Member pdmaru is on a distinguished road

Dear
    Education should be taken in recognised school either it may be private school.It should be recognised by the concern authority.

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

CEA is admissible for children studying in government/private/government aided schools recognized by Education authorities of states/UT/Central Government only.

Prasanna Kumar

Junior Member gcsahoo is on a distinguished road

Dear friend,
    Children studying in the schools up to class VIII do not required affiliation for CEA. In that case, what are the authorities to recognize such school ? So far my knowledge, state govt and central govt education board / authorities recognize a school through affiliation only. What are the other authorities those recognize a school with out affiliation ?

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Reimbursement of CEA is admissbile only in case of children study in Govt recognised/affiliated institution

Dear friends,
    To my knowledge, Govt. recognized / affiliated institution is synonymous. A govt. recognized school must be affiliated to any Board/Council of education, and affiliating authorities are state boards, state councils and central boards such as ICSE & CBSE.
    Further, schools at any level can issue a govt. recognized school certificate only when the school is affiliated to any education board or council; the school may run by govt. or private body, aided or unaided.
    But, schools up to middle level i.e. up to class VIII need not to be affiliated for CEA as per the DOPT OM No. 1201 1 /03/2008-Estt.(Allowances), 23rd November, 2009. It states that “It is further clarified that in respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Govt. or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the Institution is situated”.
    According to the DOPT OM, the definition of recognized school up to class VIII is extended from the normal criteria of recognition. A University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the Institution is situated is empowered to recognize a school.
    I think, there are some recognized educational authority besidesstate boards, state councils and central boards such as ICSE & CBSE.
    My query is that whether an Education Society which is generally registered under Societies Registration Act of central / state govt. can be considered as a Recognized Educational Authority ?

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Educational Societies registered under the Registration Act, no doubt, is a Recognized Educational Authority. Such Societies are under the respective governments and the audit of such institutions are conducted by the Government.

sasi

Dear Pathak,
    After a long struggle, CEA have been allowed for children studying in the school (running classes up to V) with out affiliation, registered under Society Registration Act by our competent authority. The school denied to issue the recognition certificate as they are not.
    As I thought that the criteria of recognized school in the light of DOPT clarification dated 23.11.09 is different from normal criteria of recognition have been accepted by authorities.
    Just "recognized school only" is meaningless now, as the meaning of recognized school is different wrt DOPT clarification.
    Regards.

Dear Sasi,
    After a long struggle, CEA have been allowed by our competent authority for children studying in the school (running classes up to V) with out affiliation, registered under Society Registration Act. Although, the school denied to issue the recognition certificate as they are not.
    As we thought that the criteria of recognized school in the light of DOPT clarification dated 23.11.09 is different from normal criteria of recognition have been accepted by authorities.
    Just "recognized school only" is meaningless now, as the meaning of recognized school is different wrt DOPT clarification.
    Thanks for sharing of views on CEA.

Member amit2301 is on a distinguished road

Our DDO has not started accepting the CEA reimbursement forms. He's saying that a circular is awaited from Delhi. I do not know why he is acting as such! Is there something that needs clarifications or a new circular is in offing or it'll be discontinued following austerity measures?

Dear Amit,
    Is your problem similar to that I posted? If yes, no further clarification is required. Your organization may ask for consent from your parent body. If the parent body has any doubt, before taking any negative decision. they should clarify it from DOPT, GOI, as the original OM is from the DOPT. Moreover, I am not aware of any new clarification on CEA.

It may better for our understanding if you post the problem clearly.

Member amit2301 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gcsahoo View Post
    Dear Amit,
    Is your problem similar to that I posted? If yes, no further clarification is required. Your organization may ask for consent from your parent body. If the parent body has any doubt, before taking any negative decision. they should clarify it from DOPT, GOI, as the original OM is from the DOPT. Moreover, I am not aware of any new clarification on CEA.

It may better for our understanding if you post the problem clearly.
    Thanks for your reply SH.SAHOO. Our organisation, though governed by DoPT laws, is run in an autocratic fashion. There exist a chain of relationships (parent-child) in our ADMIN that exercise control. It all depends on their whims and fancies. There exist no framework for office procedures. I still do the same works that I used to when I joined the organisation despite 3 promotions. Being in Gr-A, my sitting space is 4' by 3'. Nothing is Clear!

Junior Member Sunilk is on a distinguished road

My daughter is studying for LKG in a school run by a society registered under society registration Act Kerala. But the authorities have rejected our claim for CEA. They want a clear order regarding this. How can we get clarification from DopT regarding this issue? Any members please help us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast