+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ACP and Pay fixation

Junior Member anandaiish@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Default ACP and Pay fixation

Sir,

Group D staff of my office having sslc matriculation qualification were upgraded to Group C and granted 1800 grade pay as per 6th cpc. Some of them have completed 24 years of service after 1.1.2006 and were given acp in the prerevised scale. Their Grade Pay after II ACP was also Rs.1800. Whether they are eligible for ACP (Old) and how to fix their pay on acp in the revised pay structure.

To quote an example Mr. X was granted acp after completion of 24 years of service in nov. 06 in the pre revised scale and his pay was fixed in the revised pay structure of GP 1800 and granted one notional increment. He was granted 1800 grade pay wef from 1.1.2006 itself as per 6 cpc as he was a matriculate having passed sslc. Whether he is eilgible for ACP from Nov. 2006, if yes, will he get 1900 grade pay and 3% notional increment.

Please clarify

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by anandaiish@gmail.com View Post
    Sir,

Group D staff of my office having sslc matriculation qualification were upgraded to Group C and granted 1800 grade pay as per 6th cpc. Some of them have completed 24 years of service after 1.1.2006 and were given acp in the prerevised scale. Their Grade Pay after II ACP was also Rs.1800. Whether they are eligible for ACP (Old) and how to fix their pay on acp in the revised pay structure.

To quote an example Mr. X was granted acp after completion of 24 years of service in nov. 06 in the pre revised scale and his pay was fixed in the revised pay structure of GP 1800 and granted one notional increment. He was granted 1800 grade pay wef from 1.1.2006 itself as per 6 cpc as he was a matriculate having passed sslc. Whether he is eilgible for ACP from Nov. 2006, if yes, will he get 1900 grade pay and 3% notional increment.

Please clarify
    Dear friend,

All eligible Group D employees are upgraded to pre-revised Group C scale of Rs. 2750-4400 corresponding to the Grade pay of Rs. 1800 in PB-1 (irrespective of their pre-revised group D scale whether granted on regular appointment/promotion or under ACP).

Para 5 of MACPS stipulates that promotions earned/upgradations granted under the ACP Scheme in the past to those grades which now carry the same grade pay due to upgradation of posts recommended by SCPC shall be ignored for the purpose of granting upgradations under MACPS.

Accordingly, all Group D employees upgraded to Group C Grade pay of Rs. 1800 need to be granted upgradations under MACPS based on their length of regular service in the entry grade ( @ one upgradation in the hierarchy of Grade pay on completion of every 10 years of service, subject to maximum of three) ignoring all promotions/ACP upgradations, if any, granted earlier.

Hope I am not wrong.

Junior Member anandaiish@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear friend,

All eligible Group D employees are upgraded to pre-revised Group C scale of Rs. 2750-4400 corresponding to the Grade pay of Rs. 1800 in PB-1 (irrespective of their pre-revised group D scale whether granted on regular appointment/promotion or under ACP).

Para 5 of MACPS stipulates that promotions earned/upgradations granted under the ACP Scheme in the past to those grades which now carry the same grade pay due to upgradation of posts recommended by SCPC shall be ignored for the purpose of granting upgradations under MACPS.

Accordingly, all Group D employees upgraded to Group C Grade pay of Rs. 1800 need to be granted upgradations under MACPS based on their length of regular service in the entry grade ( @ one upgradation in the hierarchy of Grade pay on completion of every 10 years of service, subject to maximum of three) ignoring all promotions/ACP upgradations, if any, granted earlier.

Hope I am not wrong.
    Sir,
    Thank you for your reply.

We shall discuss the pros and cons of the above subject.

There are people who have completed 30, 20, 10 and new recruits who have joined before 1.1.2006 as Group D and all of them are in the same pay band of Rs.1800/- irrespective of their length of service / qualification etc.,

On implementation of MACPS as on 1.9.2008 the person who has completed 30 years will get 3 acp from 1800 to 1900 GP (I ACP), 2000 GP (II ACP) and 2400 GP (III ACP) and similarly those who have completed 20 and 10 years of service will get 2 and 1 upgradation.

If the above statement is correct many of them without having even matriculation or VIII Std pass will get the Grade Pay of Rs. 2400/-

Take another case, a Group D joined in 1986 got his promotion as LDC in 1990 on merit for having passed SSLC/Matriculation and TW examination. He was eligible for II ACP after completion of 24 years i.e, in the year 2010 under the old scheme. Now under MACPS he is eligible for II ACP to the grade pay of Rs.2000/- only. Whether his I ACP can be ignored ? No I think. What a injustice. Group D upgraded as Group C without any qualification will get his II ACP to the Grade Pay of Rs.2000/- on completion of 20 years of service.

If the Govt. does not resolve these issues there will be lot of hardship, discontent among the staff.

Please offer your views and comments

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by anandaiish@gmail.com View Post
    Sir,
    Thank you for your reply.

We shall discuss the pros and cons of the above subject.

There are people who have completed 30, 20, 10 and new recruits who have joined before 1.1.2006 as Group D and all of them are in the same pay band of Rs.1800/- irrespective of their length of service / qualification etc.,

On implementation of MACPS as on 1.9.2008 the person who has completed 30 years will get 3 acp from 1800 to 1900 GP (I ACP), 2000 GP (II ACP) and 2400 GP (III ACP) and similarly those who have completed 20 and 10 years of service will get 2 and 1 upgradation.

If the above statement is correct many of them without having even matriculation or VIII Std pass will get the Grade Pay of Rs. 2400/-

Take another case, a Group D joined in 1986 got his promotion as LDC in 1990 on merit for having passed SSLC/Matriculation and TW examination. He was eligible for II ACP after completion of 24 years i.e, in the year 2010 under the old scheme. Now under MACPS he is eligible for II ACP to the grade pay of Rs.2000/- only. Whether his I ACP can be ignored ? No I think. What a injustice. Group D upgraded as Group C without any qualification will get his II ACP to the Grade Pay of Rs.2000/- on completion of 20 years of service.

If the Govt. does not resolve these issues there will be lot of hardship, discontent among the staff.

Please offer your views and comments
    Dear Friend,

I share your concerns on the subject. The recommendations of SCPC and consequent acceptance of Government to upgrade all Group D to Group C has a purpose. No more induction of Group D cadre paid from consolidated fund of India. As long as the existing Group D reclassified as Group C employees continue in service (till retirement), they will be drawing pay in the grade pay personal to them. In the absence of any further new recruitment to this cadre, it will not be in anybody’s interest to compare their grade pay with other Group C clerical cadre employees.

+ Reply to Thread