+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Thread: Grant of scale 0f 8000-13500 to Supdts of C Ex

  1. #41
    Junior Member agisrani
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default One increment on change of grade pay

    I fully agreed with the view of manu.As per rule 13 whenever there is change of grade pay than one increment of 3% should be given.No where it has been mentioned that if grade pay has been changed due to other reason than promotion, in such case no increment should be given.Change of grade pay itself is a promotion as per rule 13.In some commissionerate AO agreed with this view however they are not giving because no other commissionerate has given such effect.

  2. #42
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation Confusion compounded by clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    I am an inspector of Central Excise of 1992 batch.
    My pay has been fixed in the grade pay Rs.5400/- w.e.f. 11.07.2008 after completing four years in grade pay Rs.4800/- as per the Revised pay Rules & Boards clarification. According to revised pay fixation my pay has been fixed as follow-

    Pay as on 10.07.2008 – Basic Rs.16720 + Grade pay Rs.4800
    (After completing 4 years in grade pay 4800 on 11.07.2008)
    Pay as on 11.07.2008- Basic Rs.16720 + Grade pay Rs.5400

    This appears improper in light of Rule 13 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, which stipulate that in the case of promotion from one grade pay to another in the revised pay structure on or after 01/01/06, the fixation will be done as follows:-
    (i) One increment equal to 3% of the sum of the pay in the pay band and the existing grade pay will be computed & rounded off to the next multiple of 10.This will be added to existing pay in the existing pay band. The grade pay corresponding to the promotion post will thereafter be granted in addition to this pay in the pay band………………...”.

    Therefore my pay should be fixed as follows-

    Pay as on 10.07.2008 – Basic Rs.16720 + Grade pay Rs.4800
    (After completing 4 years in grade pay 4800 on 11.07.2008)
    After adding 3% of (Basic Rs 16720-+Rs.4800) i.e. Rs.650/- It will be
    Pay as on 11.07.2008- Basic Rs.17370/- + Grade pay Rs.5400

    Your views and comments.
    Dear friends!
    At the outset I am sorry to note that the querist has not yet got his functional promotion. The absence of All India seniority for promotion to Supt., from Inspectors Cadre has taken a heavy toll in a few states like TamilNadu, Maharashtra. I wish our friend (querist) get his well deserving promotion sooner than later.
    Coming to the doubt raised by the querist, my learned friend Jjee is right inthe sense that the raising of GP involved herein has nothing to do with promotion.
    No upgradation (of scale of 7500 to 8000 after 4 years ) is involved. If one goes by the Recommendation and Resolution (page # 31 of the Bilingual Gazette dated 29.08.2008 refers), it would be seen that what is envisaged is a mere granting of Grade Pay of 5400 after 4 year service as Superintendents/Incometax Officer. Hence it is crystal clear that the Grade Pay upliftment (with no increase in Basic or Basic plus GP) is envisaged only for those officers and not those in the pre rev scale of 7500. This is ofcourse my personal interpretation/ understanding which is based on one Clarification (in the form of Reply to a Query under RTI ACT) given by Implementation Cell of the Expenditure Department.
    To conclude, in my view, the increase in GP of 4800 to GP of 5400 in the case of our Querist Inspector in itself is endangered by the possibility of Recovery in view of the fact that such Granting of NFGP is available only to the Superintendents/Incometax Officers who are serving in the grade for 4 years. ( I belong to 1992 batch, promoted to Supt cadre in 2007 Sept and as such I should become eiligible for GP of 5400 only in Sept 2011). Going by CBEC's clarification, in Surat I commissionerates, my collegues have been granted GP of 5400 last month. Arrears shall be reckoned from April 2008.
    I shall be granted GP of 5400 in January 2009. But I shall not be surprised if recovery is ordered for in future.
    As an aside, even those Supts who have completed 4 years Regular service on or before 01.01.2006, have been granted GP of 5400 only from April 2008. (This is wrong and they should have been granted GP of 5400 if we go by the Reply by the Implementation cell to RTI Query, as mentioned herein above)
    With Regards,
    Badri

  3. #43
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation NFGP of 5400 and increment of 3% under Rule 13

    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Dear friend
    our present Rule regarding fixation i.e. Rule 13 does not differentiat the promotion from one garde pay to another on the basis what ever means it gained either it is on the basis of Actual promotion or ACP or after completing qualifying period of service (so called " Extention of benefit"). The reasons what so ever if there is promotion from one grade pay to another grade pay on or after 01.01.2006, the fixation will be done as per Rule 13.
    Dear Manujee,
    The upgradation of Grade pay of Superintendents/Incometax Officers/Postal Department, as envisaged in Resolution/Pay Rules 2008 are department specific and it has nothing to do with Rule 13 of CCS (RP)2008. Therefore this upgradation in GP (alone) does not amount to Promotion/ACP. Therefore the question of granting 3% increase of (Basic + GP) may not arise.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 11-01-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: The words, "the question of " required to be inserted

  4. #44
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    Dear Manujee,
    The upgradation of Grade pay of Superintendents/Incometax Officers/Postal Department, as envisaged in Resolution/Pay Rules 2008 are department specific and it has nothing to do with Rule 13 of CCS (RP)2008. Therefore this upgradation in GP (alone) does not amount to Promotion/ACP. Therefore the question of granting 3% increase of (Basic + GP) may not arise.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Dear friend
    I think it is mind set due to stereotype thinking by mass. you have not quoted any provisions in support of your idea as why not it govern by Rule 13. Ruel 13 is applicable for all employee of Central Govt where promotion has been done from one grade pay to another. Since it is a case of income tax/central excise and postal department, hence it is Department specific and Rule 13 will not be applicable is illogical.
    When Rule 13 is applicale to all employee of Central Govt. for fixation of pay when they promoted to one grade pay to another grade pay, without any condition. we, the empolyee ourselves putting condition and even stating it not a case of promotion from one grade pay to another are worrymarts.

  5. #45
    Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hi Manuji,

    I think you are correct. In Cochin Special Economic Zone, the Supdts of Customs were given fixation in the new grade pay with effect from 21-04-2008 by giving one increment @3%. Ofcourse, then there was no increment in July 2008. Reason being given is next increment cannot be given within six months of earlier one.

    regards


  6. #46
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by coolgoose2 View Post
    Hi Manuji,

    I think you are correct. In Cochin Special Economic Zone, the Supdts of Customs were given fixation in the new grade pay with effect from 21-04-2008 by giving one increment @3%. Ofcourse, then there was no increment in July 2008. Reason being given is next increment cannot be given within six months of earlier one.

    regards

    Dear CG2jee,
    Let me reserve my comment on the wisdom of granting 3% increment on 21.04.2008.( I promise to dwel on the subject sooner than later).
    For the time being, you may kindly answer the pointed question as to whether Inspectors with ACP (a after 4 year service in pre rev scale of 7500) are entitled to GP of 5400.
    I wonder what would happen if the Superintendents in SEZ cochin put in an Application seeking deferring the upgradation with effect from 01.07.2008, instead of 21.04.2008. This way, those officers would avoid losing one increment.
    Pl ask them to act now.
    (I reiterate my promise to come back with comments on the wisdom of granting 3% increment at the time of upgradation of Grade pay of 5400 as NFGP)
    With Regards,
    Badri

  7. #47
    Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    I wonder what would happen if the Superintendents in SEZ cochin put in an Application seeking deferring the upgradation with effect from 01.07.2008, instead of 21.04.2008. This way, those officers would avoid losing one increment.
    Pl ask them to act now.
    Badriji,

    Now the mood in the office is not right for any effective discussion on the subject. The AOs are so disappointed that they are now taking every step not to implement this. Take the case of officers of Central Excise, Trivandrum who have not received any indication that GP5400 is going to be implemented to them. Heard yesterday that the PAO has gone to Chennai to "consult" and "verify" the procedure followed there.

    Regarding your suggestion of postponing the implementation to 01-07-2008, there is a catch: Many officers have postponed the grant of 7500 scale in 2004 to their date of increment so as to receive higher pay. However, as fate would have it, these officers are now receiving the GP 5400 AFTER many of their juniors on account of insistence on the part of the Dept that period of working the Scale of 7500 only would count for grant of 5400.

    Well, I am eagerly awaiting the reply for my RTI applications on the subject from Ministry. Will post details as soon as I receive it

    regards


  8. #48
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolgoose2 View Post
    Hi Manuji,

    I think you are correct. In Cochin Special Economic Zone, the Supdts of Customs were given fixation in the new grade pay with effect from 21-04-2008 by giving one increment @3%. Ofcourse, then there was no increment in July 2008. Reason being given is next increment cannot be given within six months of earlier one.

    regards

    Dear friend
    How do u conclude that there will not be any annual increament for next 6 months. I have got my annual increament on 1.7.2008 as usual. And next annual increament on 1..7.2009. Why are you confused yar!
    Last edited by manu; 13-01-2009 at 08:50 AM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Friends
    It seems that there are several disputes among the employees of your department itself and I am sure nothing could be achieved by this way. Differences may be there but use of aggresive language is not the solution. We are not any authority to provide solution. What we discussed in this forum are our views only which are based on individual interpretation of rules and experience in administration. It is definitely expected from all members to keep COOL while discussing the matter though it is not written any where. The words used for Shri Badriji may not be acceptable by most of us. This is my view and I am sure some may not agree on it. I wish GOOD LUCK for all those.
    with regards
    Jitendra

  10. #50
    Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Friends,

    As per the existing rules:

    1. Any upgradation from GP4800 to GP5400 under ACP scheme (not a promotion) shall inter-lia include an increment.

    2. The upgradation from GP4800 to GP 5400 under 4-year scheme is not a promotion and not under ACP scheme. Therefore, no increment at present.

    The anomaly is:

    When an Inspector get upgradation under ACP with increment, Superintendent won't get increment on his upgradation.

    It is a matter to be brought before the anomaly committee.

    With regards,
    Narayanan.

  11. #51
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Fixation under Rule 13.

    Dear all friends
    Our ADC(P&V) & CAO convinced with my piont of view, and now agree to refix our pay as per Rule 13 within a fortnight( from January '09 salary) as it is done in SEZ. cochin.
    After its re-fixation, I 'll post it here.
    Last edited by manu; 14-01-2009 at 09:22 AM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Dear friend
    How do u conclude that there will not be any annual increament for next 6 months. I have got my annual increament on 1.7.2008 as usual. And next annual increament on 1..7.2009. Why are you confused yar!
    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Dear all friends
    Our ADC(P&V) & CAO convinced with my piont of view, and now agree to refix our pay as per Rule 13 within a fortnight( from January '09 salary) as it is done in SEZ. cochin.
    After its re-fixation, I 'll post it here.
    My dear friends,
    The next logical step in the argument is that at the stage when ACP (Second one for Direct Recruit Inspectors) becomes due, the officer gets an increment and next grade pay of 6600.
    If one argues that the Granting of higher Grade Pay of 5400 , should mean increase in Basic Pay in the Pay Band, even when there is no indication thereof in the CPC Recommendations/Resolution/Pay Rules (and that too, without leading to any adverse effect in the date of next Annual lncrement ),I have nothing to say and leave it to all learned friends to judge the validity such argument.
    But one may do well to note that our learned friend's (Shree Manujee's)argument/view implies that GP of 5400 granted with effect from 21.4.2008 as NFGP amopunts to promotion thereby resulting in incremental increase in Basic pay and at the same time, the Annual Increment on 01.07.2008 would remain in tact.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 15-01-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: A word required to be inserted

  13. #53
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    My dear friends,
    The next logical step in the argument is that at the stage when ACP (Second one for Direct Recruit Inspectors) becomes due, the officer gets an increment and next grade pay of 6600.
    If one argues that the Granting of higher Grade Pay of 5400 , should mean increase in Basic Pay in the Pay Band, even when there is no indication thereof in the CPC Recommendations/Resolution/Pay Rules (and that too, without leading to any adverse effect in the date of next Annual lncrement ),I have nothing to say and leave it to all learned friends to judge the validity such argument.
    But one may do well to note that our learned friend's (Shree Manujee's)argument/view implies that GP of 5400 granted with effect from 21.4.2008 as NFGP amopunts to promotion thereby resulting in incremental increase in Basic pay and at the same time, the Annual Increment on 01.07.2008 would remain in tact.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Dear friend
    Please read Rule 13 for fixation of pay w.e.f.1.1.06. It simply tells that whenever there is promotion from one garde pay to another grade pay The pay will be fix as follow..................3% increase. It means if there is no promotion from one grade pay to another grade pay, the pay will not be fix as per Rule 13. In 2nd ACP an Inspector(Direct) get the Pay of A.C.( Next post of hieraracy, see present ACP rule ). Now what is the grade pay of A.C. of central Excise i.e. Rs. 5400. Certainly there will not be any fixation as per Rule 13 at that time.
    There is a deviation from earlier Rules for fixation of pay. Please accept it as positive, Since it give us ( Revenue employee) the grade pay 5400 at the service length of 16 (12+4) year instead of 24 or 20 year. Now our grade pay will change at 12 (proposed10), 16(proposed14), , and at 30(proposed) . It is also logical we need more money at the age of 16 or 14 not at 24.
    Last edited by manu; 15-01-2009 at 07:13 PM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    My dear friends,
    The next logical step in the argument is that at the stage when ACP (Second one for Direct Recruit Inspectors) becomes due, the officer gets an increment and next grade pay of 6600.
    If one argues that the Granting of higher Grade Pay of 5400 , should mean increase in Basic Pay in the Pay Band, even when there is no indication thereof in the CPC Recommendations/Resolution/Pay Rules (and that too, without leading to any adverse effect in the date of next Annual lncrement ),I have nothing to say and leave it to all learned friends to judge the validity such argument.
    But one may do well to note that our learned friend's (Shree Manujee's)argument/view implies that GP of 5400 granted with effect from 21.4.2008 as NFGP amopunts to promotion thereby resulting in incremental increase in Basic pay and at the same time, the Annual Increment on 01.07.2008 would remain in tact.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Dear friend
    Please read Rule 13 for fixation of pay w.e.f.1.1.06. It simply tells that whenever there is promotion from one garde pay to another grade pay The pay will be fix as follow..................3% increase. It means if there is no promotion from one grade pay to another grade pay, the pay will not be fix as per Rule 13. In 2nd ACP an Inspector(Direct) get the Pay of A.C.( Next post of hieraracy, see present ACP rule ). Now what is the grade pay of A.C. of central Excise i.e. Rs. 5400. Certainly there will not be any fixation as per Rule 13 at that time. (emphasis suppled)
    There is a deviation from earlier Rules for fixation of pay. Please accept it as positive, Since it give us ( Revenue employee) the grade pay 5400 at the service length of 16 (12+4) year instead of 24 or 20 year. Now our grade pay will change at 12 (proposed10), 16(proposed14), , and at 30(proposed) . It is also logical we need more money at the age of 16 or 14 not at 24.
    Dear friends!
    I request my learned collegue to explain the following aspects so that we can understand the things;-
    The wording in bold types may be referred to. Does the act on the part of Govt granting NFGP of 5400 to such Inspector (forget Superintendents)amount to granting promotion to the such individual? If so, please tell me how the inspectors who had not got their first ACP (at the time of fixation of pay under the Revised Rules 2008) as of 1.1.2006 are going to be treated?
    The reply may kindly be given in the following two cases

    Case I: If the pay scale is not upgraded to 7450 as on 1.1.2006 and
    remains at 6500 - with the result the GP remains at 4200.(will it also
    become 4800 on 1st ACP and four years later, will it become 5400?)
    Case II: If the pay scale is upgraded to 7450 as on 1.1.2006 and
    with the result the GP gets fixed at 4600.
    (will it also become 4800 on 1st ACP and four years later, will it
    become 5400?)
    How many deviations that have not been explicitely provided for are
    going to be presented in the instant threat?
    Thinking positive may not necessarily mean the Rules are to
    interpreted the way we like them to be in order to suit our
    requirement).
    one last question: How is it that ACP is envisaged for Revenue Employees (Income tax and C.Ex and Cus) alone, for 10 years and 16 years and 30 years, when the Resolution talks of ACP after 10, 20 and 30 yrs of service?
    With regards,
    Badri

  15. #55
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    Dear friends!
    I request my learned collegue to explain the following aspects so that we can understand the things;-
    The wording in bold types may be referred to. Does the act on the part of Govt granting NFGP of 5400 to such Inspector (forget Superintendents)amount to granting promotion to the such individual? If so, please tell me how the inspectors who had not got their first ACP (at the time of fixation of pay under the Revised Rules 2008) as of 1.1.2006 are going to be treated?
    The reply may kindly be given in the following two cases

    Case I: If the pay scale is not upgraded to 7450 as on 1.1.2006 and
    remains at 6500 - with the result the GP remains at 4200.(will it also
    become 4800 on 1st ACP and four years later, will it become 5400?)
    Case II: If the pay scale is upgraded to 7450 as on 1.1.2006 and
    with the result the GP gets fixed at 4600.
    (will it also become 4800 on 1st ACP and four years later, will it
    become 5400?)
    How many deviations that have not been explicitely provided for are
    going to be presented in the instant threat?
    Thinking positive may not necessarily mean the Rules are to
    interpreted the way we like them to be in order to suit our
    requirement).
    one last question: How is it that ACP is envisaged for Revenue Employees (Income tax and C.Ex and Cus) alone, for 10 years and 16 years and 30 years, when the Resolution talks of ACP after 10, 20 and 30 yrs of service?
    With regards,
    Badri
    Dear friend, Be Relax
    Point to point
    Granting of ACP to inspectors amounts to Promotion?
    Yes, It is i.e. upgradation under ACP shall be treated on par with regular promotion in so far as pay-fixation is concerned. See present ACP Rules.
    Like wise, now promotion from one grade pay to another grade pay is treated to promotion for purpose of Rule13. (Read Rule 13 again) (in so far as pay-fixation is concerned)
    What an inspector get on 1st ACP, the pay (Now grade pay) of next post of hierarchy, in our case the pay (Now grade pay) of Superintendent. What is pay of superintendent? It is 4800 and 5400 (After 4 years)
    Now it is immaterial what is the pay of an Inspector either it is 4200 or 4600, he get 4800 on his first ACP.
    Dear friend, 10, 20, 30 years are recommendation, The Govt has not notified it till now.

  16. #56
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Dear friend, Be Relax
    Point to point
    Granting of ACP to inspectors amounts to Promotion?
    Yes, It is i.e. upgradation under ACP shall be treated on par with regular promotion in so far as pay-fixation is concerned. See present ACP Rules.
    Like wise, now promotion from one grade pay to another grade pay is treated to promotion for purpose of Rule13. (Read Rule 13 again) (in so far as pay-fixation is concerned)
    What an inspector get on 1st ACP, the pay (Now grade pay) of next post of hierarchy, in our case the pay (Now grade pay) of Superintendent. What is pay of superintendent? It is 4800 and 5400 (After 4 years)
    Now it is immaterial what is the pay of an Inspector either it is 4200 or 4600, he get 4800 on his first ACP.
    Dear friend, 10, 20, 30 years are recommendation, The Govt has not notified it till now.
    Dear Manujee,
    With due respect to your wisdom, kindly notice the contradiction between the first sentence and the last sentence in yourreview posted a few minutes ago...
    The first one says that upgradation shall be treated at par with promotion and the my attention has been drawn to New ACP Rule. On the other hand your last sentence says that the Government has not notified (ACP issue).

    Secondly, it appears you have referred to DACP ( for Doctors). You may kindly note that in those cases, the designation changes on ACP. It is field specific. You may refer to the relevant portions of CPC Recommendations. you may kindly read para 3.6.7 given at page 193 to understand the difference between ACP and DACP.

    Thirdly, who told ACP issue stays at Recommendation stage. For your kind information, CPC recommendation was only for continuance of then existing scheme. Through Resolution (Through OM notified on 29.08.2008) while accepting the Recommendations, modiified them by stating that it will be after 10 yrs, 20 yrs and 30 yrs of service.

    In one of your earlier posts you had asked me to quote the relevant Rule. Now, when I ask you about ACP Grade pay to Inspectors who are at GP of 4200 [if the upgradation to pre rev scale of 7450 is not accepted by the Expenditure department] you say that they will get 4800. Kindly show me the provision.
    With warm regards,
    Yours sincerely,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 16-01-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: some words were omitted to have been added which stand added now

  17. #57
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    Dear Manujee,
    With due respect to your wisdom, kindly notice the contradiction between the first sentence and the last sentence in yourreview posted a few minutes ago...
    The first one says that upgradation shall be treated at par with promotion and the my attention has been drawn to New ACP Rule. On the other hand your last sentence says that the Government has not notified (ACP issue).

    Secondly, it appears you have referred to DACP ( for Doctors). You may kindly note that in those cases, the designation changes on ACP. It is field specific. You may refer to the relevant portions of CPC Recommendations. you may kindly read para 3.6.7 given at page 193 to understand the difference between ACP and DACP.

    Thirdly, who told ACP issue stays at Recommendation stage. For your kind information, CPC recommendation was only for continuance of then existing scheme. Through Resolution (Through OM notified on 29.08.2008) while accepting the Recommendations, modiified them by stating that it will be after 10 yrs, 20 yrs and 30 yrs of service.

    In one of your earlier posts you had asked me to quote the relevant Rule. Now, when I ask you about ACP Grade pay to Inspectors who are at GP of 4200 [if the upgradation to pre rev scale of 7450 is not accepted by the Expenditure department] you say that they will get 4800. Kindly show me the provision.
    With warm regards,
    Yours sincerely,
    Badri
    Who drawn your attention to new ACP Rules? Which is not in existance. I told Present ACP rules.Where is new ACP Rules? Our present ACP rules are many years old, which is in existence. New Set of ACP Rules and palcing 10, 20,30 years in place of 12,24 in existing ACP Rules is different thing friend. Even GOvt has not placed 10,20,30 years in existing ACP Rules and you are thinking about Recomendation of pay commission for new ACP Rules based on 'Grade pay based' in place of present 'next hierarcy based'.
    Do not bother yar, leave it on Govt, certainly if Govt will decide for new set of ACP Rules in future based on 'Next grade pay'. certainly they will revise the pay of inspector fron present 4200 to 4600 to sort out anamoly.
    Even today, 10,20,30 years in present ACP is not notified yet. Stating it in resolution is not enough , it must be notified by adding in present Rules.
    No need to think what happened with Doctors by DACP ( I have no idea)
    Live in present, think simple, read plain, write short only to the point.

  18. #58
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation NFGP of 5400 to Inspectors -

    Dear friends!
    I request all in this Forum to read posts #51 to 57 which contain arguments raised by Shree Manujee on one side and myself on the other side.
    I request each friend of this August Forum to draw a conclusion of his or her own as to "who of the two lives in present, who thinks simple, who reads plain, who writes short and who writes to the point".
    With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 16-01-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: to remove a Grammatical Error

  19. #59
    Junior Member manu is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Fixation with 3% Increase

    Dear friend
    Adding of one increament in case of promotion from one scale to another scale or one post to another post is well accepted by our brain. Since it is decade old practice and all Govt. employees are well versed.
    But when a third situation arise i.e. promotion of scale after completing qualifying period of service in a scale. Our brain is not catching it.
    Dear friend, from 1.1.06 new fixation Rules has come into effect. It stipulate that If there is promotion of grade pay, the fixation will be done with one increament.
    Certainly here is promotion of grade pay, then why not it be done under Rule 13. Is there any other option after 01.01.2006?
    Last edited by manu; 17-01-2009 at 08:14 AM.

  20. #60
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Dear Manujee,
    I do not understand why you do not appreciate the fact that neither the Recommendations, nor the Resolution nor the Pay Rules recognise granting of "deemed promotion" or "promotional pay", but instead, these three documents indicate/declare only granting of Higher Grade Pay, i.e 5400, how can we assume that increment in Pay is also envilsaged. Can we afford to read into something more than what is explicit? Pl tell me as to who makes a plain and simple reading.
    To be fair to you, in my view, my dear friend, the Govt in general and our department in particular would be breaking its/their head(s) to resolve the problem of fixation of pay and Grade pay to those who are granted GP of 5400 as and when they (the officers )subsequently become eligible to be granted ACP.
    With regards,
    Badri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts