+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frequency of LTC claims

Junior Member anupam21 is on a distinguished road

Default Frequency of LTC claims

Sir, I have a question:
    I joined service in early 2007. I have not claimed any LTC for block yrs 2006-2009 (not home nor any where in india). As i m a new recruit can i claim LTC in remaining period of 2009? eg one in Sept 2009(home town) and another in Dec 2009 (any where in india)? and carry forward the remaining one home town and one anywhere to next block year?
    Any Comments please
    Anupam

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Friend,

Since you joined as a new recruit in 2007, you are eligible to avail LTC only in 2008 after completion of one year regular service. The four year block in your case (for the first 8 years of service) will be different. During the first 4 years of service i.e. upto 2010, you (with family) can travel to home town on 3 occasions and to any place in India on 4th occasion. No provision of carry forward of the concession to subsequent years. You can repeat availing the facility during the next 4 year period (2011-2014) also.

The normal block of 2014-2017 will be applicable thereafter.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear anupam
    in my view, where calender year LTC is applicable, as in ur case, it can not be forwarded for next year as general entitlement can be. u can only take either home town ltc or any where in India ltc in this year.
    jitendra

Junior Member anupam21 is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    Please Clerify whether 2 LTC (home town or anywhere in India) can be taken in same year?
    Let me give an example: (please correct me where i m wrong)for LTC block 2006-2009:
    1. Suppose i join on 01-01-2006,
    2. Now i m eligible for 3 home town LTC and 1 anywhere in india LTC (in any order)
    3. First eligibilty come after one year of service i.e. on 01-01-2007. let me avail one home town on this day. now i have 2 HT and 1 LTC left
    4. on 01-01-2008 i avail one more HT. now i have 1 HT and 1 LTC
    5. now in 2009 how can i utilise both of my LTC (1 HT and 1 LTC) ? As you told that i cannot carry forward any to next year!
    Can i utilise the both entititlement in 2009.
    6. If i am allowed to forward one LTC remaining(if only one is allowed to use in 2009) to first year of next block year , than also there will be problem in next block year (1 carry forwarded + 3HTC + 1LTC) total 5 in 4 years.

any comments please.
    Anupam
    Last edited by anupam21; 15-05-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: correction

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by anupam21 View Post
    Sir,
    Please Clerify whether 2 LTC (home town or anywhere in India) can be taken in same year?
    Let me give an example: (please correct me where i m wrong)for LTC block 2006-2009:
    1. Suppose i join on 01-01-2006,
    2. Now i m eligible for 3 home town LTC and 1 anywhere in india LTC (in any order)
    3. First eligibilty come after one year of service i.e. on 01-01-2007. let me avail one home town on this day. now i have 2 HT and 1 LTC left
    4. on 01-01-2008 i avail one more HT. now i have 1 HT and 1 LTC
    5. now in 2009 how can i utilise both of my LTC (1 HT and 1 LTC) ? As you told that i cannot carry forward any to next year!
    Can i utilise the both entititlement in 2009.
    6. If i am allowed to forward one LTC remaining(if only one is allowed to use in 2009) to first year of next block year , than also there will be problem in next block year (1 carry forwarded + 3HTC + 1LTC) total 5 in 4 years.

any comments please.
    Anupam
    Dear Mr. Anupam,

The first two 4 year blocks in the case of new recruits will be different from the normal 4 year block. The 4 year blocks for new recruits will be with reference to their date of joining. If the date of joining is 01.09.2007 one will be eligible to avail the concession in the modified format from 01.09.2008 (effective date of modification). Sept-2008 to Aug-2010 will be the effective period of first 4 year block during which 3 HTCs and 1 LTC may be availed (some may be in the same calendar year). None of these can be carried forward to next block of 4 years i.e. Sep-2010 to Aug-2013 during which period 3 more HTCs and 1 LTC may be availed.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Sorry Anupam
    You can not claim two LTC in one year in new format. Its my view. Yes it is true that effectively only seven LTC can be claimed in first eight years of service. There might be some clarification but i have not gone through any such. Don't waste time and go whereever u want. First avail which is in ur hand and wait for further clarification in this regard.
    Jitendra

+ Reply to Thread