+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TA on Transfer

Junior Member ashinavy is on a distinguished road

Default TA on Transfer

Hi Gconnect Members!!

I am an officer from the Indian NAvy proceeding on transfer to West Bengal from Kerala. My query is about the baggage allowance admissible on transfer. As per the letter issued by MOD (Fin) in dec 08, the rate is Rs 18/Km.

However, the local CDA is contesting this and is saying that baggage allowance admissible is 1.25 times the railway freight fare for 6000 kgs of luggage.

In my case if I get what CDA is giving I stand to lose around Rs 20,000. As it is the truck for that area are charging more money due to the area being naxal infested.

Can any of the learned Gconnect members guide me on the following: -

(a) Is the contention of CDA correct?

(b) What can I do to prevent my loss?

(c) As per pay commission report also they have cancelled this concept of 1.25 times the railway freight fare? So can I raise this issue to some higher authority? If yes to whom?

Regards

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Friend,

The Supplementary rules governing traveling allowances already exist which specify separate rates for transportation of personal effects (during transfer) between places “connected by rail” and those “not connected by rail”. When the mode of ‘Road’ is chosen for transportation between places connected by rail, the admissibility will be limited to 1.25 times of the railway freight on entitled quantity. Consequent to SCPC recommendations, the revised entitlement/rates of traveling allowances only have been notified.

The rate of Rs. 18.00 per km for 6000 kgs of personal effects pertains to transportation between places “not connected by rail”. The same rate existed even earlier since 1998.

Default Re: TA on Transfer

Dear Sir
    I am aware of the facts brought out by you. Kindly clarify the following: -

(a) The GOI letter on new allowances post 6 cpc, does not mention anything about places connected by train or not connected by train.

(b) even 6 cpc has mentioned in its report that whether the places are connected by train or not evry one should be paid Rs 18/km for personal baggage, as it is not feasible to send luggage by traiin

Regards

Dear Friend,

Para No. 4.2.37 of SCPC reads as below.
    “The Commission recommends that transportation of personal effects by road at the rates prescribed for ‘other places’ should be allowed in respect of places connected by train as well without subjecting it to the extant restriction that these can not exceed 1.25 times of the eligible train fare”.

Government has NOT included this recommendation in its ‘list of accepted recommendations’ notified vide MF No. 1/1/2008 IC dated 29th August 2008. Decision 11 (ii) of Part-B to the Annexure I of the above Notification relates only to the Travel entitlement for the purpose of official tour/transfer or LTC.

The modifications relating to the Travel entitlements (post SCPC) of Armed Forces Personnel (including Navy personnel) were announced vide GI, MoD, No. 12630/Mov /3737/D(Mov)/08 dt 29.12.2008. This order was issued as a sequel to the MF, DoE, Notfn. No. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 23.09.2008 relating to TA entitlements of civilian employees. The GIO issued under SR 116 would need to be repealed if the requisite relief is to be availed in line with the SCPC's recommendation. Relevant orders issued by Ministry of Railways also stipulate that the rates prescribed for transport of personal effects by road would be limited to transport within the city limits.

I personally wish that the recommendations of SCPC are honoured and clear orders are issued accordingly by the Government.

Default Re TA on transfer

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for all the detailed information and clarification posted by me.

Regards

Default Last Query

Dear Friend, HI

Could u please clarify if the two places are not connected by a direct train then are they classified as "places not connected by train".?

Dear Friend,

The term ‘places connected by rail’ does not exclude 'places not connected by a direct train'.

Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road

Default Please clarify it

Respected knowledgeable friends,
    I am under transfer and am in high need to get clarification on these queries to tackle the Transfer TA Bill settlement problems: Plz give your solutions:

1. What is the meaning of "a Place Connected by Rail". Does it mean that the RAILWAY STATION is in the name of That Place at which the Govt. Servant is working
    OR
    A Railway Station situated within some FIXED distance/ peripheri from the Place at which the Govt. Servant is working
    OR
    The Railway Station which is situated within the District in which the Govt. Servant is working

2. For "Places Connected by Rail", the Personal Effects' cost is regulated by Rates applicable for GOODS train for that distance. My point is- If the Starting place has a very small grade Railway Station where Personal Effects' can be booked only under LUGGAGE rates and not under Parcel or Goods rate, can the bill be settled under Luggage rates?

I shall remain very grateful if gets any suitable explanation on my abovesaid queries.
    Thanks.

Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

The term ‘places connected by rail’ does not exclude 'places not connected by a direct train'.
    Thanx sir for all info.

IF ONE PLACE IS CONNECTED BY RAIL AND THE OTHER IS NOT (THE NEAREST RAIL HEAD IS AT SOME DISTANCE FROM THERE) WILL THEY BE TREATED AS "PLACES CONNECTED BY RAIL"

Thanx

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default TA on Transf

For places connected by train fare is paid as per train entitlement and for other places it is by road. In other cases the nearest railway station is considered as place connected by train

Junior Member ATANU DE is on a distinguished road

Default TA rule on transfer

Please specify the admissible of TA on transfer- Whether one will get the full amount for carted through 'CONTAINER CORPORATION OF INDIA' from KOLKATA to DELHI.
    Entitlement category- Rs.18.00/KM of 6000 kg goods.

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

In our office recently my boss got transferred from Aurangabad to Chennai and even though both cities have railway stations he got reimbursed at 18Rs / Km, but now there is the latest OM for transfer reimbursement kindly refer this.

http://gconnect.in/gc/orders-in-brie...-transfer.html

+ Reply to Thread