+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enclosures for proof for Advance withdrawal from GPF

Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road

Default Enclosures for proof for Advance withdrawal from GPF

I submitted to my office the Filled-in proforma for withdrawing Advance from my GPF account, for the prpose of renovation of my ancestral house. When I asked for the status of my application after 15 days, the concerned clerk asked me to enclose the following-
    1. The proof that the house is in yours or in your fathers name.
    2. The estimate of amount required from a civil engineer.

Now it is over a month and my application is still pending. I wish to know that is it really mandatory to enclose those PROOFS FOR EXPENDITURE for advance withdrawal from GPF account or the clerk/accounts department have just formed their own un-written norms according to their whims.
    Thanx.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    Yes it is required. The property which you want to renovate must have in ur name or a share in ur name. Competent authority has every right to confirm geniuneness and also the purpose before sanctioning any advance or withdrawl from GPF. No question about it.

Default re

Thanx for your kind guidance.

Junior Member PBMVOCE is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Proof for GPF advance

In my view the proof for GPF advance is not compulsory and should not be insisted upon by the authority. Proof is needed while applying for GPF withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMVOCE View Post
    In my view the proof for GPF advance is not compulsory and should not be insisted upon by the authority. Proof is needed while applying for GPF withdrawal.
    If it is true, I would request to please make it feasible to provide me the concerned ruling for central govt. I shall remain very grateful to you. Thanx.

Default GPF Advance

Quote Originally Posted by mauryavip View Post
    If it is true, I would request to please make it feasible to provide me the concerned ruling for central govt. I shall remain very grateful to you. Thanx.
    Swamy's GPF rule book 2009. Page no. 32. Rule 12(4), GOI decision dt. 17/02/1984

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Angry

Hi all

This is an interesting topic. The requirement of submission or otherwise of any documentary evidence in respect of ancestral property is purely arbitrary and discriminative.

When I wanted to get married I applied for GPF withdrawal. However to my horror, there is no provision for any withdrawal of GPF for of one's own marriage. You can withdraw it for your dependent relative like sister, daughter etc. Government feels that you are free to take dowry and cover the expenses of your marriage. You really feel outrage against such stupid rules.

When I discussed it with my boss, he advised me to apply it for ANCESTRAL HOUSE RENOVATION. I got my withdrawal without submitting any proof.

Man, you appeal and take it up to the highest authority. This is your money.. You are free to do whatever you feel like with it. It is high time somebody takes it up to change these stupid rules.

regards

ps: To the vigilance minded people I did use the money for ANCESTRAL HOUSE RENOVATION. To other normal people You can draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by coolgoose2; 15-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.

In the referred my case, the LEARNED(?) clerk also advised me that if it is difficult the documents for Renovation Work of Ancestral House, better give a reason of Purchase of Consumer Durables of the required amount but to remember enclosing a QUOTATION/Estimate of a Shop/Retailer from local area.
    Means he is guiding me on how to present a case (or how to make a lie) showing me that they are in my favor (? see how they want a party/percentage later).
    MAY GOD SAVE US FROM SUCH ACCOUNTS DEPTT

In the referred my case, the LEARNED(?) clerk also advised me that if it is difficult the documents for Renovation Work of Ancestral House, better give a reason of Purchase of Consumer Durables of the required amount but to remember enclosing a QUOTATION/Estimate of a Shop/Retailer from local area.
    Means he is guiding me on how to present a case (or how to make a lie) showing me that they are in my favor (? see how they want a party/percentage later).
    Quotation / estimate for purchasing any consumer durable item is not required for taking GPF advance. The clerk is only harassing you. U can quote reference GOI decision as given by me earlier today.

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Maurya Ji,

My guess is that your clerk is pressing for some "bakshish". Well, stand firm and if possible inform your Vigilance officer in writing. Make sure, the ancestral home is in the name of your father or Kartha (if HUF) and you are a beneficiary. Renovation can be from simple white-washing to detailed renovation, details of which is of no concern of the clerk.

I remember one incident in my department a few years back, when a Group-D employee wanted a GPF withdrawal to cover some serious medical expenses for himself, which was flatly denied by one arrogant and sadistic Commissioner. The file was kept for a long time and GPF withdrawal was denied in file. This employee soon died of same medical ailment for which he had requested the GPF withdrawal..The Commissioner "terrorized" the accounts staff and the entire Note-sheet was changed and a pre-dated sanction order was issued.

All the best

regards

Dear friends
    Experiences of all my friends are quite horrible. There may be some stale fish in pond but it does not mean that all the cretures in water are bad. What the clerk has suggested to Shri Maurya is a practical thing and it should not be taken that he is taking any wrong benefit out of it. REMEMBER every thing is not in the hand of that clerk. Some times it becomes necessary beacuse the competent authority want these documents. He is only doing his duties. When u are applying for a withdrawal, it becomes necessary to produce documents in support of your claim. You are not drawing money from ur saving bank account but from the funds which have been provisioned for ur future.Any rule can not challenge the authority. If he feels that it is necessary to convince himself before sanctioning an amount from ur GPF, he can ask for it. It is very easy to blame any one if he is not doing what u desire but he is also doing his duties at that place.
    Jitendra

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,

Mr. Jitendra has rightly said. The rules are framed keeping in view the very objectives of the scheme. In the case of GPF, once you contribute to the fund, it is not your money.

Some times it becomes necessary to give false reasons (such as niece marriage) for easy withdrawal of funds without requiring to produce documents. These are the holes in the scheme which we manipulate for our convenience.

Junior Member ravip23213 is on a distinguished road

Default hi sir

hello sir
    my name is jai prakash pandey sir i need your help. i want to know that i worked with PWD uttrakahnd i resigned from that department i want to know for how can i get my final payment of my gpf which type of forms i need to fill.
    thank you
    jai prakash pandey

Dear Shri Pandey
    From ur query it is not clear when did you join the job. I suppose that you joined before 2004 when GPF rules were applicable. Now your query is very simple. You have to request your Deptt/Accounts Office for closing your GPF Account and for refund of sum accumulated in it. It will be a simple request containing all relevant details viz. Account No. date of joining and resignation. There is no prescribed form for it. Keep in mind that there may be some delay but you have to be patience and keep continuing follow up.
    with best wishes
    Jitendra

Member mrajeev is on a distinguished road

Default Enclosures for proof for Advance withdrawal from GPF

I had incidentaly came across the subject and was going through all the comments. It is for the competent authority to satisfy himself before sanctioning any Advance/Withdrawal that it is for a genuine need and is not misused. He can call for the documentary proof regarding these facts, if the same is not available in your service records or you have not notified the transactions properly. I could not understand the difficulty in submitting the proof if the withdrawal/advance is asked for a genuine purpose . The blind brickbating on the accounts clerk/authority is not understood. There may be rotten eggs, but the same is applicable to the applicants also. Therefore, the sanctioning authority becomes more vigilant.

Another plea was that it is your money and can be taken for any purpose. Dear friend, it is NOT A SAVINGS ACCOUNT but it is a PROVIDENT FUND, the aim of which is NOT TAX SAVINGS, but this is a fund created for your future benevolence. The basic problem with all of us is that we make increased contributions to GPF to save tax and then make false withdrawals for meeting the financial requirements, thinking that GPF is a Savings Bank Account. If you need to take money simply by writing a cheque, without giving any reason or for whatsoever reason it may be, you may better opt for a Savings Bank Account and not a GPF account.

Member mrajeev is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ravip23213 View Post
    hello sir
    my name is jai prakash pandey sir i need your help. i want to know that i worked with PWD uttrakahnd i resigned from that department i want to know for how can i get my final payment of my gpf which type of forms i need to fill.
    thank you
    jai prakash pandey
    Dear Pandeyji,

Further to Jitendrajis reply, I would like to add that if you had resigned the job joining another Govt Department or any other job with GPF/CPF/EPF, you can ask for closure of old account and transfer the amount accumulated, alongwith interest, to your new account. Otherwise, if you had left the job for some private job/business or you may simply apply for closure of the account alongwith the latest fund statement received by you. Further action should be completed by the Admin and they will obtain your signatures on all the required documents. If you are close to the place of Admin, you can meet the dealing clerk with all relevent documents and a simple application and he may complete all other formalities.

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Gpf

Sirs,
    This I think, is a very healthy discussion. What the Swamy's hand book says is for renovation of house, medical treatments and for purchase of house hold articles, the proof is not mandatory. My department has not insisted any records for these purposes. However, it is left to the discretion of the sanctioning authority. The intentions could be any thing - ascertaining the genuineness or harassing. When such is the system......................... ?

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Junior Member gayakan is on a distinguished road

Default gpf

As per GOI decisions (4) under Rule 12 production of documentary evidence in support of claim is not necessary. However, the employee should give sufficient details for illness, higher education, house building and marriage of children of the subscriber.

With regards

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default GPF Withrdrawal

When a person applies for withdrawal from GPF for housing purpose, he is required to complete all the formalaits as are required for House Building Advance

+ Reply to Thread