+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTC to Amarnath shrine

Junior Member kailashbansal is on a distinguished road

Unhappy LTC to Amarnath shrine

dear members
    i am a serving defence officer.... however in the ambiguity that persist and no 'OFFICIAL' carrier available, is there a means by which one can avail LTC for Shri Amarnath shrine ?. May I request the members to quote any authority/ leave rule etc which may come in handy.
    regards
    kailash

PS Couple of years back some kind of LTC provison was made for Andaman & Nicobar Islands and also for J&K (Srinagar).
    Last edited by kailashbansal; 09-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Junior Member rds443 is on a distinguished road

Regular Bus Services from SriNagar to Baltal/Pahalgaon on scheduled teriff are available during yatra season. One can claim LTC by Bus upto Baltal/Pahalgaon, which one has shortest distance, and from Baltal/Pahalgaon you can claim horse/pony for which scheduled rates are also available.

Alternatevely, if your elegibility permits you can also use helicopter service from SriNagar to the Shrine. I think they operates under the Government Permit. Probably Pawan Hans has a service from SriNagar to the Shrine.

Junior Member kailashbansal is on a distinguished road

having said as much.... it isn't clear any more. request further deliberation by senior member or someone who is working in departmet dealing with such cases.

+ Reply to Thread