I am very much new to this site but been so happy seeing promblems being raised by its members and then lots of ppl coming forward for resolving those.
I also have a problem. Infact i joined Trade Tax Deptt. (Sales Tax) in 09.03.2003 as LDC and this service was coming under the perview of UP Govt. My pay scale was 3050-4590. Later on in due course i got selected as Assistant (Pay Scale 5500-9000 and later on revised to 6500-10500) in Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and i joined here as Assitant on 05.02.08. This whole process was completed through proper channel and after technical resignation i was relieved from my old department of Trade Tax in UP Govt. Now, since this whole process was through proper channel, my past services right from 09.03.03 is being counted in new service and i have been placed in Old Pension Scheme. My GPF is also being deducted and my earned leave are also being asked from my old department.
Now, the grievance is that my old service is being counted, however, my pay has been fixed in PB-2 with grade pay 4200 (total basic 13500) which is now applicable for Assitants as new entrants after VI pay commission. However, if past service is also being counted then i would have been given the benefit in pay fixation and not been considered as fresh appointed as i was already in service and accordingly i may surrender my arrear due on old department and from 05.02.08(date of joining in ICAR) my pay be fixed by multiplying 1.86 into existing pay scale of Rs. 6500 (pre revised).

Kindly guide you all enlightened persons and help me also refer to applicable rulings if possible kindly send on my email address the copy of those circulars at so that i may process my case in my department. In anticipation of help from you all members.