+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW CLASSIFICATION OF GROUP A,B,C etc.

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Default NEW CLASSIFICATION OF GROUP A,B,C etc.

Hi all

Just saw the recent DoPT Order dated 09-04-2009 in respect of re-classification of Group A, B, C & D on the basis of Grade Pay and Pay Band.

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...8-Estt.(A).pdf

They have classified the posts as under:

All Grade Pay in PB-3 and Pb-4 = Group A

GP 5400, 4800, 4600 & 4200 in PB-2 = Group B

GP 2800, 2400, 2000, 1900&1800 in Pb-1 = Group C

GP 1300, 1400, 1600, 1650 in IS scale = Group D

My doubt is this:

what about the group B officers (Section officers in CSS etc.) who have received NON-FUNCTIONAL UPGRADATION OF GRADE PAY of Rs. 5400 in PB-3. Are they automatically transferred to Group-A ?

regards

PS: Nowadays there is certain lack of interest expressed by our learned members in this forum. I assume this due to election duty, holiday etc. Please keep this forum alive. Badri, are you listening (reading) ?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Non-functional upgradation to the higher scale is personal to the incumbent and does not, per se, entail higher class.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Dear coolgoose2!

Yes lack of interest or less time for Forum was due to election duty as was rightly observed!

I believe the upgradation and hence moving to next grade pay will not mean one has moved to next pay band

ss
    Last edited by sudacgwb; 29-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

My dear friend Coolgoose has said this;-
    PS: Nowadays there is certain lack of interest expressed by our learned members in this forum. I assume this due to election duty, holiday etc. Please keep this forum alive. Badri, are you listening (reading) ?

I am sorry, my dear friend,
    Since I have to assist my Boss and I will be touring South during the first fortnight of May, I have so much work (disposal for April/May 2009).
    I assure you ( and my other friends, too) of my active participation after my return (16.05.2009 - that is, (by sheer co-incidence) after election results are made known)!

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

Very fast in classifying.

Now a days, the decisions affecting the government servants, such as pay and allowances, promotions, transfers, etc are taken not from the head but from somewhere else. Group B post carries Pay Band of Group A (SO of CSS). Group A and Group B posts carry same Grade Pays (5400). Group A has two Pay Bands with least over lapping.
    Seniority is maintained in inter-cadre transfers on the ground of same station of spouse. No matter even if the majority is disadvantaged by lowering their seniority- orders issued.
    Soud promotion policy - for some groups. ACP Upgradations - Scheme has no shape and threfore find difficult to take birth.

Who is responsible for the mess and who can help.

If no solution, gradual disappointment among the employees which will develop like cancer.

Junior Member pksatapathy is on a distinguished road

I joined a post carrying pay scale 8000-175-13500 by direct recruitment on 04.04.2006. what will be my pay band PB2 or PB-3.
    Kindly reply.
    p. k. satapathy
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgoose2 View Post
    Hi all

Just saw the recent DoPT Order dated 09-04-2009 in respect of re-classification of Group A, B, C & D on the basis of Grade Pay and Pay Band.

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...8-Estt.(A).pdf

They have classified the posts as under:

All Grade Pay in PB-3 and Pb-4 = Group A

GP 5400, 4800, 4600 & 4200 in PB-2 = Group B

GP 2800, 2400, 2000, 1900&1800 in Pb-1 = Group C

GP 1300, 1400, 1600, 1650 in IS scale = Group D

My doubt is this:

what about the group B officers (Section officers in CSS etc.) who have received NON-FUNCTIONAL UPGRADATION OF GRADE PAY of Rs. 5400 in PB-3. Are they automatically transferred to Group-A ?

regards

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by pksatapathy View Post
    I joined a post carrying pay scale 8000-175-13500 by direct recruitment on 04.04.2006. what will be my pay band PB2 or PB-3.
    Kindly reply.
    p. k. satapathy
    Dear Friend,

The pre-revised pay scale of 8000-13500 is placed in PB-3 with Grade pay of 5400 in the revised pay structure and is classified Group A.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    PB-2 with GP 5400 is for those Group B fficers who have been extended the pay scale of Rs.8000-13500/- and not for those who joined directly or through promotion in 8000-13500 scale. Position is clearly spelled out in 6th CPC recommendations.
    Jitendra

+ Reply to Thread