+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deduction of 3 times licence fee and revised water charges from withheld amount after

Junior Member raimangat is on a distinguished road

Default Deduction of 3 times licence fee and revised water charges from withheld amount after

Sir/ Madam,
    I am a retiree. Retired in april 2013.
    I was allotted type 4 government accommodation in 2007 where as my basic pay was as per eligibility criteria of allotment of that accommodation. In 2013 , I was retired on superannuation. I was allowed to retain government accommodation for 4 months. I vacated it within stipulated time and submitted vacation report . I requested for refund of withheld amount.
    Now after so many representations amount is released after deducting 3 times licence fee wef feb 2007, and revised water charges.
    The amount is release after deduction of Rs. 58000/- in july 2016.
    It is stated that
    1)I was occupying accommodation above entitlement.
    2) Government of India has revised water charges wef. 2012 in office vide office order released in 2014.

In this connection, my submission is;
    I was never given any notice regarding my non eligibility of accommodation during my service.
    a) If any higher licence fee was to be levied my option should have been taken.
    b) I feel this criteria is applicable to employees requesting allotment after revised rules.
    c) If at all it is to be deducted from past allotees, an in time consent and notice is necessary.Deducting such amounts after 10 years of allotment and 3 years of retirement seems a non logical step.
    deduction of water charges arrears as per revision orders issued after 1 year of retirement also seems wrong.
    Experts of the field are requested to kindly comment and provide me with rules and guidelines related to this issue.
    I shall be very highly obliged.
    Please help a retired Senior Citizen. God Bless.
    Thanks and regards.
    Last edited by raimangat; 16-08-2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: corrections

Junior Member raimangat is on a distinguished road

Sir/ Madam,
    Greetings of the day. In my case, I wish to add that I was allotted Government accommodation in feb. 2007, . At that time my basic pay was 8800/- whereas eligibility criteria for type 4 accommodation at that was basic pay from 8500/- to 11999/-. The criteria for allotment on the basis of grade pay was notified in 2009. Notification No.12035 /11/2008-Pol.II) [GSR No.128 dated 29.8.2009. 2 and a half years after allotment type 4 accommodation to me.

+ Reply to Thread