+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After MACP, what is position of increment on getting second promotion

Junior Member APTALARI74 is on a distinguished road

Default After MACP, what is position of increment on getting second promotion

[FONT="Arial"]Sir, I worked as Steno in CSSS cadre in GP 2400. After 10 years, I got 1st MACP of GP 2800 and got increment. After one and a half year, I got promotion (through qualifying Departmental examinations) to 4600 GP. This time I got only difference of GP. Thereafter, Income Tax Department called for applications from interest candidates to work in their home state. I opted to join Income Tax Department in the 2400 GP. My pay was fixed in the GP of 2800 as I have completed 13 years service by that time. Now, after five years I got promotion to GP 4200 in Income Tax Department. Now my query is - I have got Ist MACP of 2800 and thereafter 1st promotion (GP 4600) in CSSS cadre and second promotion (GP 4200) in Income Tax Department.

1) whether I get any promotional increment on promotion to 4200 GP. If not, the reasons.

Requested to help me

Amarendra

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Was your pay "protected" in IT deptt?
    Alok Sinha.

Only pay in pay band protected. But No GP

Only Pay in the pay band is protected. There is no question of protecting GP as GP is associated with the post held whereas pay is associated with the person.

1. You have got protection of pay in new deptt where you joined on a "lower post" on your choice. Your pay was also protected in new lower post by granting "personal pay" to be absorbed in future increments in pay.

2. In previous post, you had drawn MACP/promotion where 1 increment for pay upgradation was already drawn.

3. Since pay was protected in new post which incorporates increment already drawn, IN MY OPINION, you will get only new GP of 4200 and NOT increment of 3% on promotion to GP 4200.

4. You shall be entitled to increment in your next MACP/promotion.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 30-07-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Alok Sinha.

Sinha Sir,

First of all, thank you for quick response. Here my doubt is

1. In my previous Dept., I got increment along with MACP. Thereafter, when I get promotion I have drawn only GP difference. That I agree. But -

2. After granting MACP, for how many promotions I have to sacrifice my increment. To my knowledge it is for first promotion only. That I did not draw when I got promoted to 4600 GP as I told earlier. Thereafter, now, in new department, I got promoted to GP 4200. It means, this is my second promotion after MACP. Isn't it? Am I not eligible for promotional increment this time?

3. Further, Sir, you said that my pay was protected in new lower post by granting "personal pay". What is that 'Personal Pay'? I only got the pay in pay band. No personal pay. Kindly explain in detail.

Regards.

What I got that your pay was protected in the "lower post" and you drew your pay in pay band, as it was fixed in 4600 GP; which was higher than the pay prescribed on direct recruitment on the lower post. The difference in the prescribed pay on DR in lower post and the pay you drew is called personal pay which is adjusted in future increments. May be your office has not explicitly called it "personal pay" but wherever pay is protected above min prescribed pay for DR, in effect the difference is personal pay. Please consult service code books by Swamy etc to gather more information.

your point no 2: Regarding "...how many promotions to sacrifice...." and "...second promotion to GP 4200 after MACP....", your notion is wrong. First, since you have already drawn 1 increment in your protected pay after MACP, no increment for promotion to 4200. You have joined a lower post that's why the confusion.
    Alok Sinha.

Thank you Sinha ji.

+ Reply to Thread