+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entitlement of old ltc block years for new recruits

Junior Member sabarinathan is on a distinguished road

Default Entitlement of old ltc block years for new recruits

I had joined govt service in 2006. Prior to that i was working in a central autonomous body from 2002 my services were not counted as i was in CPF in the autonomous body and there was no CPF scheme in the new office which is pure central government office. I had availed my LTC as per old pattern of two block years and all my LTC claims are settled in the same way. During the recent audit visit they auditor raised the objection that i had availed all india LTC in a wrong year and he said the i am not eligible to avail LTC in the old block year pattern and i can avail LTC only as per the new annual LTC pattern for the first eight years. Though the guidelines clearly mentions that one can avail the LTC in the old block year pattern. The auditor and our office refuse to accept this and they started the recovery of one ltc which they claim that was an all india ltc on a wrong calender year(though that was sanctioned in the old block year pattern i had given the advance/settlement forms mentioning block year) and started recovery. I had given the representation still they have not yet decided any thing or even sending the file to DOPT for clarification. I am being penalized for no fault of mine. This is in their clear purview to condone this. As i had gone once in every two year and my ltc is settled in the block year only (now the office stand is i cannot go to ltc in the old block year pattern). please advice what to.do.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

As per Guidelines no.5 appended to DoPT OM No. 31011/3/2015-Estt (A.IV) dated 18.02.2016, a Fresh Recruit may at his option chose to avail LTC under the normal LTC Rules as applicable to other Govt employees.

If you have availed LTC in your new office as available to other Govt employees and NOT as a fresh recruit (every year home town and All India on 4th occasion), there should be no problem to your new office to admit your claim EVEN IF your previous service is not counted in new employment.

The stand taken by office after audit observation, which might have overlooked said OM, is wrong.
    Alok Sinha.

Default I had given representation

I had given representation the only thing i can do is wait and watch

Sir,

Is this guidelines valid even on 2008 ?? or is it applicable only after 2016 please clarify as the OM is dated 2016

thanks and regards

Sabarinathan

Quote Originally Posted by sabarinathan View Post
    Sir,

Is this guidelines valid even on 2008 ?? or is it applicable only after 2016 please clarify as the OM is dated 2016

thanks and regards

Sabarinathan
    Every Govt office runs on the principles of transparency, accountability and natural justice. Please read carefully 2nd para of my reply.

Secondly, your claim was sanctioned and bill drawn by DDO. Everybody erred. You can not be held guilty for wrong claim. Afterall, it was passed and paid by Sanctioning authority, DDO and PAO.

Thirdly, I referred to a guideline which appeared in 2016 but it does not mean that it is "applicable" w.e.f. date of OM. The guideline does not alter any given position wherein a claim like yours has already been passed.

In my opinion, you can go to CAT if your representation is turned down. Keep us updated at this space about your representation. Good luck.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 25-07-2016 at 09:47 PM.
    Alok Sinha.

Default thank you sir

I hope i get a favorable reply from my department

thanks and regards

sabarinathan

Quote Originally Posted by sabarinathan View Post
    I hope i get a favorable reply from my department

thanks and regards

sabarinathan
    You are welcome.