+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regarding LTC Claim for North East

Junior Member Nelson is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Regarding LTC Claim for North East

Hi Victor

Had a small query which i am sure you would advice me.

I have just traveled recently to North East State of Gangtok as per the North East LTC scheme. To update about me i am in Pay Band 4600 (Entitlement 2AC). I just needed a bit of advice as we have a company LTC policy of travelling maximum 3000 Kms One Way.. Total 6000 Kms To & Fro.

My Total travel till New Jaipaiguri by train 2nd Ac is around 2200 Kms (One Way). After that i have booked a Govt Registered Taxi to travel to Gangtok and have travelled around 800 Kms and also got a Govt Certificate giving summary of my Travel.

I wanted to ask as per Govt rule how this 800 Kms Taxi fare need to be settled as per the North East LTC Policy keeping in mind my Pay Band eligibility. The company is stating that this cost of Taxi fare would be settled as per Train fare for 800 kms for 2nd Ac.

Is this correct or is they any policy for settling the Road Kms charges for our Category of Employees.

Your advice & guidance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Nelson

Default Hi Guys...Would appreciate if i am able to get a answer for my Query

Hi Victor...

Would appreciate if you can reply my query with help of your expertise knowledge...

Regards

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Hi Victor

Had a small query which i am sure you would advice me.

I have just traveled recently to North East State of Gangtok as per the North East LTC scheme. To update about me i am in Pay Band 4600 (Entitlement 2AC). I just needed a bit of advice as we have a company LTC policy of travelling maximum 3000 Kms One Way.. Total 6000 Kms To & Fro.

My Total travel till New Jaipaiguri by train 2nd Ac is around 2200 Kms (One Way). After that i have booked a Govt Registered Taxi to travel to Gangtok and have travelled around 800 Kms and also got a Govt Certificate giving summary of my Travel.

I wanted to ask as per Govt rule how this 800 Kms Taxi fare need to be settled as per the North East LTC Policy keeping in mind my Pay Band eligibility. The company is stating that this cost of Taxi fare would be settled as per Train fare for 800 kms for 2nd Ac.

Is this correct or is they any policy for settling the Road Kms charges for our Category of Employees.

Your advice & guidance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Nelson

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Your company's scheme is different from LTC.
    Alok Sinha.

Unhappy Taxi Fare reimburesment during LTC on NE scheme

Dear Sir,

We do follow the same rules of the LTC as per the Central Govt NE Order. I just needed advice stating the below:-

1. Once i land in New Jalpaiguri or Bagdogra the Taxi fare cost incurred during the Trip of North East including Sightseeing etc within North East. Which fare it would be reimbursed generally as per Central Govt Rules? is it Rs.16/- per km or as per 2nd AC Train fare as per the Certificate Statement of Kms given by the Registered LTC Taxi Service agency.

Example: if i travel 400 Kms within North East, would i be reimbursed as per 400 km *Rs.16 per kms or 400 Km * 2nd Tyre AC fare for 400 Kms/per person. I am on Pay Band 4600

2. Would the Taxi Fare reimbursement be same for Pay Band 4600 (Entitled for 2nd AC) & Pay Band 5400 (Entitled for Air Fare). Would there be any difference as per the Pay Band?

Your reply would help me to sort my query with my Accounts Dept accordingly.

Regards

Nelson

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Please understand policy for taxi reimbursement under CCS LTC Rules. I will cite broad points:
    1. Generally, taxi fare is not reimbursable.
    2. ONLY those routes where POINT TO POINT taxi plies AND NOTIFIED by State Govt for the purpose AND where no other Govt/Local Authority transportation is available, is reimbursable. For Ex. Bagdogra to Gangtok.
    3. Taxi should be booked from pre-paid booth. The receipt may say "LTC approved".
    4. For detailed policy on taxi, please see Swamy's LTC Rules.
    5. Please check your entitlement for Taxi as per SR. Govt buses ply between Bagdogra and Gangtok.
    OTHER POINTS:
    1. No sightseeing reimbursed, only point to point.
    2. Taxi fare can not be compared to flight/train or other Govt operated transportation for the purpose of LTC. You can not claim that I have spent "X" on private taxi whereas entitled class train fare is "Y" and "X" being less than "Y", "X" should be reimbursable to you. Your reimbursement shall be NIL.

Please do not mind, but your query appeared somewhat rudimentary to me. I advise you to immediately consult LTC Rules and SR to save you further troubles.

Regards.
    Alok Sinha.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

I agree with Shri Alok Sinha

Victor

+ Reply to Thread