+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grade Pay Rs 4600 to pre 2006 pensioners

Member yenyem is on a distinguished road

Default Grade Pay Rs 4600 to pre 2006 pensioners

Any decision was taken in the SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016 as to extension of
    Grade Pay of Rs.4600, to pre-2006 pensioners of S-12 scale-Rs.6500-10500, instead of Rs.4200?
    yenyem

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Generally the benefit of upgradation of scales on the recommendations of a pay commission is given w.e.f. the date from which it is brought into effect. In the case of 6CPC it is 1.1.2006.

Victor

The concept of grade pay itself was introduced by VI PC from 01.01.2006 only.There was no grade pay prior to that(upto 31.12.2005).Hence
    for the same scale Rs.6500-10500 allowing 2 different grade pay, i.e.Rs.4200 for those retired prior to 2006, and Rs.4600 for those retiring after
    1.1.2006 is an anomaly. This issue is being re-examined by Department of Expenditure since January 2005, as per the minutes of the previous 3-4
    SCOVA meetings. For all other pay scales the grade pay allowed (for pre-2006 and post 2006 retirees) is only one and the same.

A contempt of court case is pending at CAT/Bangalore in this connection and the next hearing(mostly final) is scheduled to 13.07.2016.
    yenyem

Junior Member pratap singh negi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by yenyem View Post
    Any decision was taken in the SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016 as to extension of
    Grade Pay of Rs.4600, to pre-2006 pensioners of S-12 scale-Rs.6500-10500, instead of Rs.4200?
    yenyem
    I shall be grateful if some one could kindly post the out come of hearing by CAT/Bangalore held on 13-07-2016

Quote Originally Posted by pratap singh negi View Post
    I shall be grateful if some one could kindly post the out come of hearing by CAT/Bangalore held on 13-07-2016
    CAT/Bangalore case is posted to 22.08.2016.

Minutes of SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016, pertaining to the subject is reproduced for information.
    (vii). Extension of benefit of up-graded Grade Pay to pre-2006 retirees of S-12 grades ( Issue of grant of grade pay of Rs. 4600/- instead of Rs. 4200/-) . DOT informed that in few cases where the CAT has directed grant of the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 to the pre 2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500 - 10500/-, the orders of CAT have been implemented consequent on dismissal of appeal filed in the High Court. Department of Expenditure had not however agreed to 3 extension to grant of this benefit to all similarly placed pre 2006 pensioners. Department of Expenditure was requested to reconsider this issue keeping in view the orders of various courts and the Contempt Petitions filed in CAT, Bangalore Bench in this respect. Department of Telecom was asked to follow up with Department of Expenditure to ensure that the matter is resolved expeditiously. (Action:- Department of Telecom and Department of Expenditure)

yenyem

Thumbs up

Minutes of SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016, pertaining to the subject is reproduced for information.
    (vii). Extension of benefit of up-graded Grade Pay to pre-2006 retirees of S-12 grades ( Issue of grant of grade pay of Rs. 4600/- instead of Rs. 4200/-) . DOT informed that in few cases where the CAT has directed grant of the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 to the pre 2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500 - 10500/-, the orders of CAT have been implemented consequent on dismissal of appeal filed in the High Court. Department of Expenditure had not however agreed to 3 extension to grant of this benefit to all similarly placed pre 2006 pensioners. Department of Expenditure was requested to reconsider this issue keeping in view the orders of various courts and the Contempt Petitions filed in CAT, Bangalore Bench in this respect. Department of Telecom was asked to follow up with Department of Expenditure to ensure that the matter is resolved expeditiously. (Action:- Department of Telecom and Department of Expenditure)

yenyem
    Thank you very much for promt repy.

Pratap

Thank you very much for prompt reply.

Pratap

yenyem
    Yenyem ji I shall be grateful if you could kindly post the out come of hearing by CAT/Bangalore held on 22-08-2016
    Pratam

Yenyem ji I shall be grateful if you could kindly post the out come of hearing by CAT/Bangalore held on 22-08-2016
    Pratam
    Pratap singhji,

Since the advocate for the petitioner was unable to attend,next hearing is posted to
    8.9.16. Let us be optimistic.

yenyem

Pratap singhji,

Since the advocate for the petitioner was unable to attend,next hearing is posted to
    8.9.16. Let us be optimistic.

yenyem
    Dear Yenyem ji , Thank you very much .

Pratap

Dear Yenyem ji , Thank you very much .

Pratap
    Dear Pratap Singhji,

I have sent an online RTI request to DOTEL a week back and waiting for a reply.
    You may be interested to know.
    RTI request to DOTEL

Sir,
    In the SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016, it has ben been informed by DOT, that in few cases
    where the CAT has directed grant of the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 to the pre-2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500, the orders of CAT have
    been implimented, consequent on dismissal of appeal filed in the High Court.
    I, therfore request that may please be provided with the following in formation.
    A) Total No. of pre 2006 pensioners of 6500-10500 scale in whose favour orders of CAT
    have been implemented by DOT, granting the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 instead of Rs.4200.
    B) A copy of the revised PPO issued in favour of any one of the pre 2006 retiree allowing the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600.
    Necessary fee is paid on line.
    Thanking you in anticipation,
    yours sincerely,
    N.Manoharan

Dear Pratap Singhji,

I have sent an online RTI request to DOTEL a week back and waiting for a reply.
    You may be interested to know.
    RTI request to DOTEL

Sir,
    In the SCOVA meeting held on 27.06.2016, it has ben been informed by DOT, that in few cases
    where the CAT has directed grant of the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 to the pre-2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500, the orders of CAT have
    been implimented, consequent on dismissal of appeal filed in the High Court.
    I, therfore request that may please be provided with the following in formation.
    A) Total No. of pre 2006 pensioners of 6500-10500 scale in whose favour orders of CAT
    have been implemented by DOT, granting the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600 instead of Rs.4200.
    B) A copy of the revised PPO issued in favour of any one of the pre 2006 retiree allowing the benefit of Grade pay of Rs.4600.
    Necessary fee is paid on line.
    Thanking you in anticipation,
    yours sincerely,
    N.Manoharan
    Yes, I shall be thankful if you could kindly send copy of reply on receipt on my E-mail address > pnpratapnegi@gmail.com

Yes, I shall be thankful if you could kindly send copy of reply on receipt on my E-mail address > pnpratapnegi@gmail.com
    Reply received from DOTEL for my RTI request is as under:

No.47-59/2016-Pen(T)
    Government of India
    Ministry of Telecommunications
    New Delhi Dated 31st August,2016

;Kindly refer to your on line application(Registration No. DOTEL/R/2016/50887 dated 11.8.2016),received in this office on 18.8.2016, seeking information underRTI Act,2005.

2. In this regard, it is stated that the benefit of Grade Pay of Rs.4600 to the pre-2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/- has not so far been given to any applicant in implementation of CAT's order.

3. Appeal against this reply, if any, may be preferred before Shri S.K. Jain,DDG(Estt) & Appellate Authority, Department of Telecommunications, Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, within 30 days of the receipt of this letter.

( Vandhana Sethi )
    Director(Estt)&CPIO

Reply received from DOTEL for my RTI request is as under:

No.47-59/2016-Pen(T)
    Government of India
    Ministry of Telecommunications
    New Delhi Dated 31st August,2016

;Kindly refer to your on line application(Registration No. DOTEL/R/2016/50887 dated 11.8.2016),received in this office on 18.8.2016, seeking information underRTI Act,2005.

2. In this regard, it is stated that the benefit of Grade Pay of Rs.4600 to the pre-2006 pensioners retired from the pre revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/- has not so far been given to any applicant in implementation of CAT's order.

3. Appeal against this reply, if any, may be preferred before Shri S.K. Jain,DDG(Estt) & Appellate Authority, Department of Telecommunications, Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, within 30 days of the receipt of this letter.

( Vandhana Sethi )
    Director(Estt)&CPIO
    Yen yem ji , I shal be thankful if you could kindly let me know the action/further action taken by you after receipt of this reply . thanks in anticipation and REGARDS.

Yen yem ji , I shal be thankful if you could kindly let me know the action/further action taken by you after receipt of this reply . thanks in anticipation and REGARDS.
    Sir,
    I have made a First appeal against the reply furnished by the CPIO more than a month back and send a reminder also this week.copies are attached.
    N.Manoharan

__________________________________________________ ______________________

APPEAL UNDER RTI ACT, 2005(ON LINE)
    N. Manoharan 15.09.2016 Mysore-17
    912, I Floor, 15.09.2016
    Vijaynagar, I Stage,
    Mysore-570017

Shri S.K. Jain,
    DDG (Estt) &Appellate Authority,
    Department of Tele communications,
    Sanchar Bhawan, 20 Ashoka Road,
    New Delhi-110001
    Sir,
    Sub: Seeking information under RTI Act, 2005
    Ref: 1. My online RTI application
    Last edited by yenyem; 30-10-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Not able to attach enclosures

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

If no reply is received from the FAA in the period prescribed under the Act on could file a second appeal to the CIC under Section 19 and also a complaint to the CIC under Section 18 of the Act.
    Gopal Krishan

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal Krishan View Post
    If no reply is received from the FAA in the period prescribed under the Act on could file a second appeal to the CIC under Section 19 and also a complaint to the CIC under Section 18 of the Act.
    Gopal Krishan
    Yes. I have indicated this option in my reminder letter sent to the FAA last week.
    N.Manoharan

Smile

Yes. I have indicated this option in my reminder letter sent to the FAA last week.
    N.Manoharan
    I am yet to receive a reply from the FAA of DOTEL.

A reply rerceived from Central Pension Accounting Office on 21.11.2016(on line) to my another RTI request is reproduced below.

" Reply: Sir, Please refer to your application dated 12.11.2016, wherein you have sought
    information under the RTI Act 2005 about the revision of Pension in respect of pre-2006
    pensioners whose cases have been revised by giving the benefit of GP.4600/-.
    In this connection it is stated that there is no provision in the computer software to generate the
    information in respect of pensioners whose pension has been revised by giving the benefit of
    GP4600/-. Hence CPIO is not in a position to provide you the information in this regard.

If you are not satisfied with this reply you may make first appeal before the firt appellate
    authority of this office Sh.Abhe Singh, Dy.Controller of Accounts.
    Yours faithfully,

Anil Kumar, Sr.A.O.& CPIO"

[B]Really a funny reply
    [/
    N.Manoharan][

+ Reply to Thread