+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MACP and fixation after 7th Pay Commission

Junior Member gyalkhang is on a distinguished road

Default MACP and fixation after 7th Pay Commission

Sirs,
    I work in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department in the capacity of Asstt. Accounts Officer.
    I was promoted to the post of Section Officer on 12/7/1995 and then to the present post of Asstt. Accounts Officer on 31/12/1998
    I got my 3rd and last MACP w.e.f 1/9/2008 with a Grade pay of Rs. 5400/- since I had joined as Clerk and got promoted to Accountant but not to Sr. Accountant thereby tallying my promotions to 3 promotions in total viz, the post of Accountant, Section Officer and Asstt. Accounts Officer.
    In the meanwhile, the posts of Section Officer and Asstt. Accounts Officer were merged a few years back sometime in 2009.
    Now in the light of our HQrs office(C&AG) Circular No. 23-Staff Wing/2016 dated 20th June 2016 the promotion to the post of erstwhile Section Officer now AAO has been decided that appointment of SAS qualified persons to the post of AAO shall be treated as direct recruitment for the purpose of grant of benefits under ACP/MACP Scheme and hence the service rendered by AAOs in lower pay scale/grade pay shall not be counted for the purpose of considering benefits under ACP/MACP Scheme.
    The regular service for the purpose of grant of benefits under ACP/MACP shall be counted from the date of appointment to the post of AAO/erstwhile post of Section Officer and in my case from 12/7/1995.
    The notional benefit of financial upgradation(s) under ACP/MACP Scheme to serving and retired persons would be admissible from the date on which the official became eligible for the same. However, the actual monetary benefit of pay and allowances/pension shall be admissible from the date of issue of the above circular viz., 20th June 2016.
    I am drawing the following as on 30/06/2016
    Pay 25270
    Grade Pay 5400
    I would be grateful if the seniors and experts in this forum help me as to how the 2nd MACP would be worked out in my above case. Looking forward to all your help in this matter.
    Last edited by gyalkhang; 22-07-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Junior Member parvathyhk is on a distinguished road

If your regular service is going to be counted from the date of your appointment as Section Officer i.e. 12/7/1995,for the purpose of ACP/MACP, you will be eligible for 1st ACP on completion of 12 years of service to the next higher scale in the hierarchy as per the then existing orders w.e.f. 12/7/2007 and on completion of 20 years of serviced i.e. on 12/7/2015, 2nd financial upgradation under MACP to the next higher grade pay

+ Reply to Thread