+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stepping up of pay due to advance increment

Junior Member SUMIT KUMAR is on a distinguished road

Default Stepping up of pay due to advance increment

Kindly help me to decide whether I am proceeding on the correct lines while deciding a case in my office.

Two incumbents 'A' and 'B' in my department were promoted from the cadre of Assistant to Senior Assistant in May 2014. At the time of promotion the junior officer (A') was drawing more pay than the senior officer (B'). The senior officer ('B') has sought stepping up vis-a-vis 'A' but I think GID 23 below FR 22 does not allow that. Am I correct ?

2. I examined the case retrospectively. The pay of 'B' was always more than 'A' till December 2013. In December 2013, 'A' got his pay stepped up , prior to his promotion vis-a-vis his junior 'C' , both in the same cadre. This stepping up was allowed. However, on examination, I found that 'A' was drawing more pay than 'C' but on passing departmental examination in December 2013 'C' was allowed two advance increments which elevated his pay more than 'A'. An anomaly was claimed by 'A' which was allowed from December 2013. Does it constitute a case for anomaly and was it correctly allowed?

My humble request is to kindly advise as to what can be done in this case where 'B' has preferred a case of pay anomaly in my office. I am not the jurisdictional officer of whatever happened between 'A' and 'C' and cannot intervene there.

If it sounds all confusing, I may be pardoned but I have tried to present it as explicitly as I could.
    Regards.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

The stepping up of pay of 'A' vis-a-vis 'C' due to grant of two advance increments to 'C' is erroneous under GID 23 below FR 22.

Hence, this needs to be reviewed and the pay revised accordingly w.e.f. Dec 2013 and recoveries be made.

This would hopefully also remove the anomaly between B and A.

Victor

Junior Member SUMIT KUMAR is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir, Thank you so much for clarifying.

+ Reply to Thread