+ Reply to Thread

Thread: merger problem

Member sanchali is on a distinguished road

Smile merger problem

Sir,

As per recommendation of sixth pay commision what should be the date of merger of two post. We are getting the financial benefits since 2006. 1st jan 2006 , should be the date of merger. Is it correct? Can a employee who join the office in the year 2010. get the seniority than the employee who are in office since twenty five years. Kindly let me know . This problem is creating confusion among the employees.

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sanchali View Post
    Sir,

As per recommendation of sixth pay commision what should be the date of merger of two post. We are getting the financial benefits since 2006. 1st jan 2006 , should be the date of merger. Is it correct? Can a employee who join the office in the year 2010. get the seniority than the employee who are in office since twenty five years. Kindly let me know . This problem is creating confusion among the employees.
    As per 6 CPC, any merger of posts came into effect from Jan 2006. But, a different situation was there in the following example. Say Post A (non-gazetted) merged with post B (Gazetted) and the old post A has been abolished from the date of publishing report of 6 CPC. But, no clear instruction was issued for the employees holding post A between Jan 2006 & Aug 2008 and probably they did not get upgradation automatically but fixed their pay with corresponding pre-merged scale. Obviously, stepping up was different issue.

In response to second query, though answer was apparently negative, I have nothing to say without details.

soodeep

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

Pl. give the exact details and then raise your query. If I have knowledge in that, I will post the reply here.

The Merger date is effective from 1.1.2006. A person who joins the department as DR can draw more pay than a promotee because as 6th Pay Commn, DR in a post can get different starting pay with applicable grade pay whereas a promotee can draw the starting of Pay band with applicable grade pay.
    Ramnath.

+ Reply to Thread