+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Income Tax

Junior Member akmisra is on a distinguished road

Default Income Tax

Sir,
    Income tax Rs. 4000/- and cess Rs. 120/- was deducted from my salary in the month of April-2014 by the employer but by mistake it had been deposited to another employee’s account, So Income tax Rs. 4120 is payable for me while above amount is refundable to another employee as per his Form-16. Due to above mistake, Form-16 is not issued to me till date. Therefore, how can I file my return within time period?

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by akmisra View Post
    Sir,
    Income tax Rs. 4000/- and cess Rs. 120/- was deducted from my salary in the month of April-2014 by the employer but by mistake it had been deposited to another employee’s account, So Income tax Rs. 4120 is payable for me while above amount is refundable to another employee as per his Form-16. Due to above mistake, Form-16 is not issued to me till date. Therefore, how can I file my return within time period?
    It is the duty of the DDO to deduct TDS and deposit into the Govt. Account against your PAN. But it is only start of a assessment year and DDO is not required to issue Form 16 now for the AY 2016-17 as the amount was deducted from the salary of April. Wait for close of the AY and DDO should issue Form 16 if he deduct any amount as TDS from your salary in any of the months of the current AY.

soodeep

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by akmisra View Post
    Sir,
    The DDO has to make a correction entry in the TDS database for rectifying the PAN No. After these corrections are carried out by the DDO, the Form 26AS will reflect the correct income tax deducted. Subsequently, Form 16 will be issued to you.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread