+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regualarization of Medical leave in between change of posting

Junior Member ibomcha is on a distinguished road

Default Regualarization of Medical leave in between change of posting

One officer was first posted from training academy (located in delhi) to Guwahati office on 17 July 2014. With proper intimation, the officer first sought joining time of 12 days to join Guwahati office as per rules. However, on medical ground, by informing the training academy as well as the Guwahati office, he went on medical leave from 1st August till 1st September 2014. In the meantime, a revised posting order was given by STAFF dept. revising the posting from Guwahati office to Kolkata office from 25th August 2014.
    The officer, on being declared medically fit had joined our Kolkata office on 2nd September 2014.
    Now, as a DDO of Kolkata office, I am asked to regualrize his medical leave. Kindly help me in understanding my query regarding my jurisdiction i.e.
    ----- As the officer was neither under the control of the training academy, nor the Guwahati office (as he had not joined), and nor Kolkata office (as the revised posting was not out), whether I have the jurisdiction to regularize his leave????

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

First we have to know which authority allowed him joining time and who sanctioned him medical leave. He cannot go on medical leave at his own.
    Gopal Krishan

Junior Member ibomcha is on a distinguished road

The main problem in the case is that the Training academy at delhi has not been able to send the SERVICE BOOK of the officer till now due to some administrative issue.
    Also, regarding joining time, 12 days as per rules is allowed for distance from Delhi to Guwahati and if I am not mistaken, no separate permission as such is required with proper intimation. The officer has properly intimated both the DELHI Training academy and GUWAHATI office through fax and official email. But which office is supposed to enter this 12 days joining time in his service book???...as the officer became ill before completion of 12 days joining time and never joined the GUWAHATI office at all. Again this time too, the officer has properly intimated to both the offices with all the required Govt Hospital OPD appointment slip and doctor's unfit certificate with medical prescription via FAX and official email with an intent to join GUWAHATI office after recovery. Before his recovery, revised posting from GUWAHATI to KOLKATA office is done, so the officer has accordingly joined KOLKATA office.....IN THIS REGARD, WHICH OFFICE (Kolkata office OR the Delhi training academy) IS ALLOWED TO REGUALARIZE HIS COMMUTTED LEAVE?????
    Sorry that I couldnt explain in fewer words,....as I am unable to find any precedent for such a case...PLZZ SUGGEST...

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ibomcha View Post
    One officer was first posted from training academy (located in delhi) to Guwahati office on 17 July 2014. With proper intimation, the officer first sought joining time of 12 days to join Guwahati office as per rules. However, on medical ground, by informing the training academy as well as the Guwahati office, he went on medical leave from 1st August till 1st September 2014. In the meantime, a revised posting order was given by STAFF dept. revising the posting from Guwahati office to Kolkata office from 25th August 2014.
    The officer, on being declared medically fit had joined our Kolkata office on 2nd September 2014.
    Now, as a DDO of Kolkata office, I am asked to regualrize his medical leave. Kindly help me in understanding my query regarding my jurisdiction i.e.
    ----- As the officer was neither under the control of the training academy, nor the Guwahati office (as he had not joined), and nor Kolkata office (as the revised posting was not out), whether I have the jurisdiction to regularize his leave????
    As far my knowledge goes, you have no authority to sanction the leave of the incumbent as per person did not join your office at the time of availing leave. As the incumbent did not join the Guwahati office too, they have also nothing to offer. You should have one parent department who has selected the incumbent for training in the academy located in Delhi. The training academy also has no authority to sanction the leave, but to forward the same to the office from whom the name of person enlisted for training, I think that is your parent department. Please wait for the Service Book to come along with LPC. If the leave was not sanctioned, you may write to your Headquarters who has selected the incumbent for training. If Headuqrters was not involved then you may write to the office last served by the incumbent before attaining training for sanctioning leave.

soodeep

+ Reply to Thread