+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harassment & Misuse of Power by HOD

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

Default Harassment & Misuse of Power by HOD

Dear Friends, I am working in GP 2400 in one autonomous society under MoCIT. We have a new Head Incharge having wide experience in same organisation but worked as technical person only there and not as a incharge or head capacity. He got transferred from other centre to ours. Ours is a very small office with only 10 staffs. Since the time he joined he is not interested in the development of the Centre but is misusing his Power & Position and also harassing the undersigned (me). I am looking after the accounts of the Centre and it is becoming very difficult for me to keep on working as verbally i am being pressurized to not to write any negative comments / rules on notings which may hamper the activity. The Head Incharge is a very corrupt and cunning fellow and I am afraid tomorrow if audit or any enquiry happens will I be in trouble. I have fought with him several times in this. He has now a fan following of his corrupt practices by some 5 staff and rest 5 staff are like me against him. One Staff even went to extent of filing complaint against him in Police, but was instructed to take back his complaint. This was done without recording anything in Office records. I also went with our AO to Police Station wherein the Staff wrote written apology to the DGP for his complaint stating it was done in fit of rage and our AO also wrote a letter to Insp of Police stating the request of Staff to take back the complaint may be accepted and regret the inconvenience caused. We never heard back from Police as even they were interested to close the case. The staff had wrote an email to DGP & CM Cell regarding misuse of power & harassment by the Head,and it took around 4 months for them to trace our Centre location and visit of Police from our office PS jurisdiction.
    My complaint against him is as below:

Suppressing / Harassing the Undersigned (Me):
    To comply with the instructions from HQ, and the rules and regulations of the Centre / Central Government, the undersigned is morally responsible for the Accounts of the Centre. Many times the undersigned is verbally pressurized by Shri.XYZ to not to write the rule or comment which would be hindrance to him, in completion of activity which he needs to do in his own personal interest and not in the interest of the Centre. This creates problems for accounts section as they are the ones to reply to Audit queries and compliances. Also tomorrow in case of non compliance of a rule Shri.XYZ will put the blame on Accounts Section.

Misuse of Power & Position:
    Shri.XYZ inspite of having years of experience in Organisation Name and being well aware of the rules and regulations of Organisation Name, is misusing his power & position for personal benefit. There have been lots of incidences wherein he has not followed the rule and neither allowed accounts section to quote the rule in Notings. Whenever the Accounts Section has discussed and requested for his support to make the Technical Staff submit the claims / bills in time he has not considered supporting accounts of the Centre but rather supports the Technical Staff stating that they should control the Accounts Section and instead of reprimanding he is supporting the delay made by Technical Staff in submitting the claims / bills / reports.

Giving Verbal Instructions when written instructions / reply is possible:
    Shri.XYZ is always giving verbal instructions to the Accounts Staff wherein it is very much possible to give written instruction or email to the Staff, resulting in forcing the Staff to do work as per his wish without following the rule

Partiality to Staff:
    The wife of Shri.XYZ who was working with him at other Centre, also applied for Transfer and joined him. Since the day she joined she attends Office on her own timings and leaves Office on her own and does not follow the Office timings. She also doesn’t do any work in Office and Shri.XYZ has instructed all Staff not to give any work to her. As her designation is Sr. Assistant and she is working in Admin, all her work is being done by the undersigned and staff in Accounts Section. She sometimes remains absent for one whole week and comes for a day and signs for all days. This results in the undersigned being overloaded with work and the Staff is earning salary without doing any work and without attending Office. Also his Wife Ms.XXX has also told the undersigned stating that she is Director’s wife and we have to listen to her.

To elaborate the above points I am planning to give references / incidents with copies of voucher nos / bills. I need your assistance in how to tackle this issue and which authority would be best to quietly observe and take action against the Head. Since the Head is in a powerful position my complaint to the local Office VO will hold no good as the VO is junior to Head and even the HQ people wont take my grievance and seriously act on it as they would be interested to close the issue only. Hence I want to know whether can I complain to CVC Delhi with proof and everything and request them to secretly observe the happenings in the Centre and record it and then after watching him for a week take action against him. Will the local State Anti Corruption Bureau be correct authority or the Police? As he is forcing me to work against my conscience it is becoming tough for me to handle this.

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

246 views and no reply.

Further our HOD has also submitted two probably fake bills for reimbursement. I am not able to question him on this, so tomorrow will I be in trouble if I pass those bills.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

You can use RTI Act (in someone else's name) to get copies of important documents which shows culpability of your centre in charge and then file a complaint with the CVC (again in someone else's name) seeking action.

Victor

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    246 views and no reply.

Further our HOD has also submitted two probably fake bills for reimbursement. I am not able to question him on this, so tomorrow will I be in trouble if I pass those bills.
    As per available details, it is presumed that you are not the authority who sanctioned the so called illegitimate claim. The onus of passing bills was on the sanctioning authority. You have the responsibility to put up the bills/file with proper noting about the claim and rule position with effective rate etc. of sanction along with fund position etc.

soodeep

+ Reply to Thread