+ Reply to Thread

Thread: child care leave

Junior Member drrituparnabarooah is on a distinguished road

Default child care leave

1.Can CCL be availed for the entire period of two yrs in the same stretch?
    2.Does replacement have to be provided..e.g who will look after the work
    3.On what grounds can the leave be denied to the central government group employee?
    4.Is it mandatory that fifteen days of notice be given in order to process the leave?
    Pl answer

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

CCL can be availed of for two years at a stretch provided it is sanctioned by the competent authority.

As regards replacement the same would depend on the availabiltiy of manpower within the organisation.

There is no fixed period for processing of leave applications, but it is expected that a leave application is given sufficiently in advance.

Lastlly Leave cannot be claimed as of right. Leave of any kind can be refused or revoked when the exigencies of public service so require.

Victor

Of course ,leave is not a right but is it the right of the leave granting authority to deny CCL when the child is appearing for board exams?
    When there are two other competent people present,can it be denied because no one takes the responsibility?
    What are my options?
    Can a subordinate refuse to stand by?
    Pl answe

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

You can only represent to the higher authorities for re-consideration of your leave application.

Victor

My HOD had mentioned that since adequate number of teaching staff will be present in the department in my absence (I had already finished most of my academic duties and the the rest were to be taken care of after the leave period was over. Besides I could be available whenever need),granting CCL will not be a problem.
    Yet she was reprimanded by leave sanctioning authority and was asked to change her report as no one is wiling to undertake my resposibilities, my leave cannot be recommended for approved My Since my daughter starts the board exams practicals from 30th of this month,I need to be with her urgently in Guwahati.
    Can EOL with or without pay be an option?

My HOD had mentioned that since adequate number of teaching staff will be present in the department in my absence (I had already finished most of my academic duties and the the rest were to be taken care of after the leave period was over. Besides I could be available whenever need),granting CCL will not be a problem.
    Yet she was reprimanded by leave sanctioning authority and was asked to change her report as no one is wiling to undertake my resposibilities, my leave cannot be recommended for approved My Since my daughter starts the board exams practicals from 30th of this month,I need to be with her urgently in Guwahati.
    Can EOL with or without pay be an option?

Does an undertaking has to be produced by the lady employee proceeding on CCL even while more than50% of workforce will be present in the department during her leave period?When only male members are present ,they are reluctant to give an undertaking.
    Does the undertaking need to be obtained from immediate subordinate ?
    Please allay my anxieties

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

There is no hard and fast rule to reply to your queries. What has been provided is that leave cannot be claimed as of right.
    Gopal Krishan

Thank you, that was enlightening indeed

Member sanchali is on a distinguished road

With due regard, I would like to say, we all know that leave is not our right but CCL was granted to female employees for some purpose by the government. Main objective was to take of her child during need. So that child is not neglected whose both parents are working. When there is need for CCL , it should not be denied. During Sixth pay commission it was granted to female employees for bringing up their child. It must be noted by the authority not to harass female employees. It should be request by our senior members to competent authorities to grant CCL when applied.

+ Reply to Thread