+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request for Administrative contents and useful links from GConnect members

Administrator gconnect has disabled reputation

Thumbs up Request for Administrative contents and useful links from GConnect members

As you might be aware, GConnect recently celebrated its first birthday (Link to the post). In the coming days, we would like to take GConnect to the next level with regard to its usefulness to the community. To start with, we are planning to create a repository of statutes like service rules, circulars, office memorandum and stuff like that. The idea is to categorize the resources department-wise, so that the users can quickly and easily find what they need. We believe that such a repository would be immensely useful to the community. However, the fact is, it is not going to be easy and would be almost impossible for us to do it on our own. But with help from you all, we can make this happen. We would like you to provide us with materials like forms, rules, circulars, office memorandum etc which you think would be useful to the community. You can either email to us ([email protected]) the soft copies or you could provide us links to official/departmental websites where we could find the resources.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friends
    It is realy a matter of joy for all GConnect members that we have completed one successful year witout any publicity. The ideas posted under various subject heads are of immense help.
    The new idea of creating a depository will also be very useful for all members as well as for visitors. We have to kept in mind that It is not an easy work since Govt orders and circulars are quite exhaustive and many books have been written on it. At first, It may be perhaps better to send your requirements of circulars and orders on any subject which you want to be kept in depository. Administrator can increase database accordingly.
    Jitendra

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gconnect View Post
    As you might be aware, GConnect recently celebrated its first birthday (Link to the post). In the coming days, we would like to take GConnect to the next level with regard to its usefulness to the community. To start with, we are planning to create a repository of statutes like service rules, circulars, office memorandum and stuff like that. The idea is to categorize the resources department-wise, so that the users can quickly and easily find what they need. We believe that such a repository would be immensely useful to the community. However, the fact is, it is not going to be easy and would be almost impossible for us to do it on our own. But with help from you all, we can make this happen. We would like you to provide us with materials like forms, rules, circulars, office memorandum etc which you think would be useful to the community. You can either email to us ([email protected]) the soft copies or you could provide us links to official/departmental websites where we could find the resources.
    My dear friends,
    While the idea is excellent, a word of caution may be necessary in that the Repository shall have the Disclaimer Clause and the Reader/Visitor would not hold the Hosts liable for any mis-information.
    Secondly, while the provisiions of Bare Acts/Rules made thereunder, the Text of Circular (Verbatim) may not be bothersome, one should be careful while giving any Comments/Review. What I want to say is one should be on ones guard against getting trapped by any Copy Right Aspects.
    Kindly take this as a word of caution and not as pressing the Brakes even before the Vehicle starts moving.
    With regards,
    Badri.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Administrator,

An exercise on the possibility of Direct Access to the unrestricted/ unclassified information/ OMs/ Circulars of the Govt. must be explored.

I suggest you may have a dialogue with the NIC who are the custodians/ guardians of the e-governance-info policies/ practices of the Govt. (they have their moorings in every Ministry/Departmentetc) as I can understand.

If something emerges to start with, I think you can get to transfer a huge data-base as you require to host. You can prioritise and select.

I also feel WEBsites like GCONNECT.IN must plead with the GOVT. for a role in "e-governance" prolification- (eg. translating many GOVT material on Governance/ Administration into Regional Languages for rapid dissemination etc; similarly in the Literacy campaign etc Sravasiksha Abyaan or something like that.....)

I am sure there must be some provision- as you will be INDIRECTLY helping the GOVT. in rapid dissemination of various types of GOVT info- like on Taxes/ Duties/ Tariffs/ Welfare/ Health/ Population/ Passport/ Commerce etc etc- (list will never end!)- besides public related Circulars/ OMs etc etc etc.

Pl examine.

Regards
    vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 02-04-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: for improvement of content

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friends
    A good exercise proposed by the Administrator seems to go in vain as no body is taking interest in it. It is disheartening. What I feel now that all members or visitors have good knowledge of all websites from where he can search circulars of his choice. The most interested topic as on date is 6th pay commission and all orders related to it are easily available on gconnect itself. What ever is not available, can easily be obtained from MoF & doP&T sites. I therefore think that this idea will not be flourished though intention of administrator was very good. Administrator may think to explore the idea given by our hon'ble member Shri Vnatrajan.
    Jitendra

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Sir,

Don't you think there need to be a separate TOPIC /Thread for RTI. Many of us have applied under RTI and if we can consolidate the replies received, we may be able to thwart the attempts of Babus to hide the files relating to Sixth Pay commission.

For example, I had applied under RTI to Department of Expenditure in the matter of requests received from CBEC and reply sent to them in the matter of GP 5400 being granted to Supdts. The reply I received is that
    'the comments on the requests received from various departments are sent on the files received from the respective departments. No copies of requests received and comments given are available with Department of Expenditure'

I just require the clarification of learned members/administrators..

"Is this procedure acceptable under Manual of Office Procedure. What is the conditions for receipt and reply to various other government departments ?"

Thanks in advance

regards

Junior Member sashidhar is on a distinguished road

Dear

The reply received by is not in order. You may appeal with the concerned appellate authority against the order of the CPIO and insist on the information being provided to you.

regards

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

Sashidhar ji

Thanks.. I will surely file appeal

regards

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri CG2

There is a separate thread "What Next RTI" - mainly concerning Pensioners- who have gained some experience in this regard! But mainly concerning the SCPC Pension anomalies etc.

Your idea to have a separate thread on RTI as applicabble to Current Employees will be good.

DOE is always slippery and vague! Best way is to frame the qn - based on "what correct reply you expect"- that way you may be able to perfect your qn!

But then the real reply that may come back may be "far away from the truth or roundabout!". But continued efforts will certainly give you results.

ALL INFO MUST EXIST ALREADY SOMEWHERE! Then only you will get answrers to some extent truthfully.

Always ask for file notes for the priods concerned, if you can zero on the subject as well as period.

I am also trying to perfect still!

vnatarajan.

If you can post

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

An excellent proposal by the administrator. I am there to help the administrator search with websites wherein the various orders/circulars are available. few sites are given below
    Finance ministry circulars are available in www.finmin.nic.in. under Expenditure\Important Orders
    Personnel Ministry circulars are available in www.persmin.nic.in under circulars.
    Government of India acts and rules are available in www.persmin.nic.in under Employees Corner\Acts&Rules.
    The administrator can start with downloading the information available in these places and place in the main window of gconnect forum for easy access.
    Few orders and circulars are available in AIDEF other federation blogs which can be followed up. A link for uploading the available circulars with individuals can be placed for direct uploading.
    A good beginning the needy ones, which can include myself also. wishing a great success.

+ Reply to Thread