+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Local Journey while on tour - TA Allowance

Senior Member sudacgwb

Thumbs down Local Journey while on tour - TA Allowance

While on tour, when not having govt. transport for commuting between camping place and the training centre/duty point, we are entitled for local journey as per latest TA Rules.

Is is necessary to have voucher/receipt for claiming this or just enter in the TA bill and claim? For food bills it is necessary to produce the voucher. What about local transport? Pl. enlighten me in this regard (in the light of what is stated in the the Govt OM on TA)

yours sincerely

ss

Member venkatcustoms is on a distinguished road

Default Local journey while on tour

I think you should produce bill for local journey also. Please note the word reimbursement in the Order. It means you have to produce the bills for each and every expense incured which is eligible for reimbursement.

Senior Member sudacgwb

It is also mentioned that one can use own transport and restrict the claim to the entitled amount....?

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sudacgwb View Post
    While on tour, when not having govt. transport for commuting between camping place and the training centre/duty point, we are entitled for local journey as per latest TA Rules.

Is is necessary to have voucher/receipt for claiming this or just enter in the TA bill and claim? For food bills it is necessary to produce the voucher. What about local transport? Pl. enlighten me in this regard (in the light of what is stated in the the Govt OM on TA)

yours sincerely

ss
    Quote Originally Posted by venkatcustoms View Post
    I think you should produce bill for local journey also. Please note the word reimbursement in the Order. It means you have to produce the bills for each and every expense incured which is eligible for reimbursement.
    Dear Friends,
    I differ from Vc in the limited sense that reimbursement of local expense on Taxi can be claimed on the basis of self declaration for the simple reason that the Bill Passing Authority has the discretion to accept the claim as genuine. For instance, in the case of (un reserved) Second class Train Journey, even now, no ticket is insisted upon. You may even appreciate the fact that Auto Fare Bills are not insisted upon in respect of journey from Residence to Rly Station, and similar journeys.
    Food Bill and Local Travel Expense are different from the angle of Rerimbursement. . Yes, you can take cue from S.Sjee's latest reference to Own Car. Similar provision for own arrangement of Food/Lodging has not been provided for. Hence the difference, in my view.
    My conclusion: For local journey, Bills may not be necessary and the Bill Passing Authority should believe that the claims are genuine.
    With Regards,
    Badri

+ Reply to Thread