+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Children Educational Allowance

Member venkatcustoms is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Children Educational Allowance

As per the OM, the allowance is admissible to children studying from Nursery to Class Twelfth. Can anybody clarify as to whether Children Educational Allowance is admissible to a child studying in Pre-KG/Play School?

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by venkatcustoms View Post
    As per the OM, the allowance is admissible to children studying from Nursery to Class Twelfth. Can anybody clarify as to whether Children Educational Allowance is admissible to a child studying in Pre-KG/Play School?
    Well, I am not aware of GOI decision on the subject. However, the following definition/meaning of the relevant terms should guide you, in this regard;-

Nursery School: Noun(Br E) A school for children between the ages of two and five - -Compare KINDERGARTEN,PLAY GROUP

Kindedrgarten noun from German 1.(especially AmE A school or class to prepare childr3en aged five for school 2.(BrE Austral E) A NURSERY SCHOOL.
    Play.group (also play school) (Both GrEnoun A place where children who are below school age go reguarlrly to play together and to learn through playing - compare NURSERY SCHOOL.

(Aforementioned defintions/meanings are given in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary).

Now you try your luck making interpretations favourable to you and see if you can impress your A.O/PAOs my dear brother.
    With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friends
    I am completely agree with my Senior Member Shri Badri ji on this issue. One thing I want to make clear that Govt. has not clarified the term 'Nursery" yet which results in creating these doubts. But it is true that Nursery means education related to children between 2 to 5 years is Nursery. And therefore, fees paid for education in Play school/LKG/UKG or any other name will be reimburseable if school is recognised/registered. It will be valid till any clarification on this issue comes from MoF/DoP&T. Any one can claim for it. Go and convince to your Account people and get the reimbursement for sure.
    with regards
    Jitendra

Default educational allowance

I thank both Badriji (my brother) and Jitendraji for their (encouraging) reply. I hope Accounts people also concur with this view.

Junior Member madhavan73 is on a distinguished road
    Vizag presently. I hail from Mannargudi (TN)

Default CEA Nursery definition

In our office, (DAE) one of my colleagues received a reply that as his daughter didn't complete 3 yrs of age as on the date, he academic session stated(I think 1st april), his claim was rejected.

May be appropriate GO/OM or other examples be published here so that the issue is clarified.

Thanks, Madhavan
    Last edited by madhavan73; 07-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by madhavan73 View Post
    In our office, (DAE) one of my colleagues received a reply that as his daughter didn't complete 3 yrs of age as on the date, he academic session stated(I think 1st april), his claim was rejected.

May be appropriate GO/OM or other examples be published here so that the issue is clarified.

Thanks, Madhavan
    To be very straight nursery school means LKG/UKG and not play school which is called preparatory school. If a child is studying in a recognised school in LKG I don't think a reimbursement should be denied under CEA scheme. For handicapped children the school need not be recognised but the minimum age is 5 years(clarification viii in CEA).

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,
    DOPT has given clarification vide OM dated 23 Nov 2009 that nursery will include two classes prior to Class I. I think that should be KG 1(LKG) and KG 2(UKG). order available in www.persmin.nic.in. Definition of recognised is also given in the order.

Default Education allowance - definition of nursery

Quote Originally Posted by svsankar View Post
    Dear Friends,
    DOPT has given clarification vide OM dated 23 Nov 2009 that nursery will include two classes prior to Class I. I think that should be KG 1(LKG) and KG 2(UKG). order available in www.persmin.nic.in. Definition of recognised is also given in the order.
    the order is also available in http://90paisa.blogspot.com/2009/11/no.html
    So, it means pre-kg or play school is not admissible.

Junior Member JIJOKMAT3 is on a distinguished road

As per GOV ORDER No. 1201 1 /03/2008-Estt.(Allowance Dt 23-NOV-09

"It Is Clarified That Classes Nursery To 12th

Will Include Ist Std to 12th Std
    And 2 Classes Prior To 1st Std

Irrespective Of The Nomenclature"

Rds,

JIJO MATHEW

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Children education allowance is admissible for a child between the age of 5 to 22 years

Junior Member hareeshgs

Default Contradiction in rules

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Children education allowance is admissible for a child between the age of 5 to 22 years
    Yes that is true according to the age dentition, but as per the 2009 Nov. clarification by DoPT, two classes prior to nursery are also eligible for reimbursement.Now the problem is a child usually joins at the age of 3 in the kindergarten (LKG) and continues to UKG and at the age of 5 he/she joins primary school.As per the clarification by DoPT, if we consider UKG and LKG fee are eligible for reimbursement is true, age definition should be changed to 3 to 22.The clarification by DoPT and age definition are contradictory.My office has not allowed the reimbursement for my children who are studying now in LKG of four and half yrs old citing the age (5 yrs.).
    I like to know whether there is some recent clarification of minimum age.

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

The upper age limit of 22 years is for physically challenged children, for others it is 20. The age 5 to 22 had appeared in a clarification dated 11-11-2008 to the querry regarding CEA for disabled Children of Govt. employees who undergoes non formal Education or Vocational Training or other similar instructions. There is no such restriction for regular study for other children.

sasi

Junior Member hareeshgs

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    The upper age limit of 22 years is for physically challenged children, for others it is 20. The age 5 to 22 had appeared in a clarification dated 11-11-2008 to the querry regarding CEA for disabled Children of Govt. employees who undergoes non formal Education or Vocational Training or other similar instructions. There is no such restriction for regular study for other children.

sasi
    Thanks for the info.Sorry for mentioning 22yrs instead of 20 in my earlier post.So you are telling that I am eligible for reimbursement of fees for my children who are studying in LKG (4 1/2 yrs old)? Whether we can blame the office as the age definition says 5 to 20 in CEA rules?

“From Nursery to twelfth” says the original order. It was further clarified "It is clarfied that ‘classes nursery to twelfth' will include classes I to XI1 + 2 classes prior to class I irrespective of the nomenclature". The age 5 has crept in a clarification regarding CEA “for disabled children for non formal education”. Hence CEA is eligible for children below 5 years studying in nursery classes.

sasi

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    “From Nursery to twelfth” says the original order. It was further clarified "It is clarfied that ‘classes nursery to twelfth' will include classes I to XI1 + 2 classes prior to class I irrespective of the nomenclature". The age 5 has crept in a clarification regarding CEA “for disabled children for non formal education”. Hence CEA is eligible for children below 5 years studying in nursery classes.

sasi
    I agree with SASI. Clarification (viii) of OM dated 11.11.2008 (http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/...(Allowance.pdf) pertains to cases where disabled children are undergoing non-formal education or vocational training or other similar instructions.

If the child (disabled or otherwise) is enrolled in the formal stream of education (i.e. nursery to twelfth) then the CEA is admissible without any minimum age limit.

Victor

Junior Member hareeshgs

Dear Sirs,
    Thanks for the clarifications given by senior members Mr.Sasi and Mr.Victor.
    Regds
    Hareesh.

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Post Reimbursement for studying after XII th

Sir,
    Let me know the details of imbursement for studying engineering including hostel charges.

CEA is admissible till the time of passing 12th.

sasi

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelethiyil View Post
    Sir,
    Let me know the details of imbursement for studying engineering including hostel charges.
    CEA is not eligible for Engineering. It is up to 12th std only (known in different names Plus 2 in Kerala, 12th in CBSC, PUC in Karnataka and so on)

Prasanna Kumar

+ Reply to Thread