+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pay fixation anomaly

Junior Member sriram is on a distinguished road

Default pay fixation anomaly

I joined as Steno in 2004 and got promoted as PA in March 2008. After implementation of 6 CPC / issue of subsequent order regarding fixation of pay of PAs/Assistants promoted between 1.1.2006 to 31.08.2008, i got my pay fixed in August 2010 @ 7450X1.86, as i changed my option to the Date of Promotion before the stipulated time.

But it is now being said in our department that this manner of fixation is not applicable for us and trying to recover the excess payment from the date of fixation (about four years in my case). However, the pay structure of Rs. 4600/- grade pay is being extended for our department.

Can any one please tell me how far it is justifiable to recover the huge amount from the pay being drawn for the last four years, nearly. In nowhere of the order concerned, it is said that pay structure of Rs.4,600/- is different from the manner of fixation.
    Last edited by sriram; 04-05-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

The root of the problem is the grant of Grade Pay 4600 to Assistants and Personal Assistants of four 'elite' services namely Central Secretariat Service, Armed Forces Headquarter Service, Indian Foreign Service 'B' and Railway Board Secretariat Service and their counterpart Stenographer Services; and consequent fixation in the revised scales taking 7450 as the base.

The different method of pay fixation for a selective segment of employees has created this discrimination.

In my view there is no easy solution to this vexed problem except going to court.

Victor

Thanks a lot for your reply Mr. Victor.

But, I do not understand how the applicability of pay structure of Grade Pay 4600 and the manner of fixation, as per the same order, are different. And at no point this differentiation mentioned in it.

Also, please let me know the prospects of this case in CAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The root of the problem is the grant of Grade Pay 4600 to Assistants and Personal Assistants of four 'elite' services namely Central Secretariat Service, Armed Forces Headquarter Service, Indian Foreign Service 'B' and Railway Board Secretariat Service and their counterpart Stenographer Services; and consequent fixation in the revised scales taking 7450 as the base.

The different method of pay fixation for a selective segment of employees has created this discrimination.

In my view there is no easy solution to this vexed problem except going to court.

Victor

The benefit of GP 4600 and fixation with base at 7450, was extended vide two crucial communications of Ministry of Finace (dated 16.11.2009 and 14.12.2009). These are linked below:

http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/Cir...0PA%204600.pdf
    http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/Cir...Steppingup.pdf

Are you covered under any of the four services mentioned in the order?

Or was the order dated 16.11.2009 'extended/adopted' in your department. If so, then the UO dated 14.12.2009 should also logically extend to your department, as the orders are a 'package deal'.

Victor

sir, thanks alot for your reply.

can you please give me your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by sriram View Post
    sir, thanks alot for your reply.

can you please give me your email address.
    My email ID is "victor_alb@hotmail.com"

Victor

+ Reply to Thread