+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revised Option for fixation of Pay

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Revised Option for fixation of Pay

Mof vide F.No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.01.2009 has clarified that a Government servant may give a revised option for pay fixation under FR 22(I)(a)(I) in the promotion post within one month from the date of issue of these clarifications, if they have already not been allowed to do so

Junior Member jyn is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Mof vide F.No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.01.2009 has clarified that a Government servant may give a revised option for pay fixation under FR 22(I)(a)(I) in the promotion post within one month from the date of issue of these clarifications, if they have already not been allowed to do so
    Dear Friend,

Kindly clarify whether the date of Notification is 29.01.2009 or any other date. Becuase I could not find any notification on such date. However, the clarification is issued as per notification dated 13th September 2008. If only you have already given explanation of rounding off the increment based on this notification, kindly excuse me to state that your concept has gone wrong in analysing the clarification. Kindly go through the rules once again

jyn

He has send the OM and understood that he is true
    Last edited by jyn; 18-02-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: realising the truth

Member naukar is on a distinguished road

no such circular is available pl. reg. yr rounding off u may also ref Swamys News Feb issue under Readers Forum

Dear friends
    I am a regular subscriber of Swamy News from last ten years and have read the clarification given in February issue. But what I had posyed here is the MoF clarification received in my department. ue to my limitations, I am unable to post the clarification in GConnect but I have forwarded it to all gconnect members who requested for the same on their respective emails.
    Jitendra
    a friend for ever

Member naukar is on a distinguished road

May I request u to forward the copies of notification to my mail at naukars@yahoo.co.in pl? TKS.

Dear friends
    I am a regular subscriber of Swamy News from last ten years and have read the clarification given in February issue. But what I had posyed here is the MoF clarification received in my department. ue to my limitations, I am unable to post the clarification in GConnect but I have forwarded it to all gconnect members who requested for the same on their respective emails.
    Jitendra
    a friend for ever
    Dear All
    Sri.Jitendra is kind enough to send the OM and his notion is true. May I request him to excuse me for having misunderstood his concept/sincerity.
    I could not understand as to why the Govt. has not put this OM in the net

Junior Member george thomas is on a distinguished road

kindly send the Mof notification for giving option for pay fixation dated 29-1-2009 to the following id george1kunju@gmail.com
    Thank You

Junior Member vikramadg is on a distinguished road

Default MOF Notification

Sir Jitendar
    kindly send the MOF notification for giving option for pay fixation dated 29-1-2009 to the following id marshal1976in@gmail.com
    Thank You

Junior Member vijayshaus is on a distinguished road

Default HI all

Hi

Whats the new OM you all are talking about? Can i pl get a copy?

Dear Friend
    Since no body has posted this circular on forum till date and this is also not available on Gconnect, you have to post your email address here so that I can send it to you but you have to wait for a week. But I think it must have been received by all Government offices.
    Jitendra

Member kgkacharya is on a distinguished road

Default The OM dated 29.01.2009 is issued by Railway Board

Dear Friends,

The Railway Board had issued similar clarification that has been issued by the Ministry of Finance vide OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 29.01.2009 in its website address http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/PC/PC6/pc_VI_76.pdf.

Junior Member pradeep_pa is on a distinguished road

Cool Revised Option for pay fixation.

Pl. give me a copy through email of Mof vide F.No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.01.2009.[/B] My e mail id is pradeepkumar_pa@rediffmail.com.
    Hoping to get it as early as possible.

pradeep

Dear Friend
    Since no body has posted this circular on forum till date and this is also not available on Gconnect, you have to post your email address here so that I can send it to you but you have to wait for a week. But I think it must have been received by all Government offices.
    Jitendra
    Dear All
    Kindly see the uploaded file
    jayan
    Attached Images

Member kgkacharya is on a distinguished road

Smile Ministry of Finance OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 29-1-2009

Dear Friends,
    The much awaited OM No. 1/1/2008-IC, dated 29-1-2009 regarding clarification on fixation of pay and grant of increments in the revised pay structure is published in the March 2009 issue of SwamysnewS at serial No. 64 in page no 33. Those who have not received the copy of this OM may refer to this. However, it is very strange that till date the Ministry of Finance has not uploaded this OM in its website. The reason for this is not known!

Junior Member pradeep_pa is on a distinguished road

Post Order dt.29/1/09 for revised option for pay fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by jyn View Post
    Dear All
    Sri.Jitendra is kind enough to send the OM and his notion is true. May I request him to excuse me for having misunderstood his concept/sincerity.
    I could not understand as to why the Govt. has not put this OM in the net
    Mr.Jitendra

pl. give me a copy of F.M.order dt.29/1/09 my mail address pradeepkumar_pa@rediffmail.com

pradeep

Member DoToff is on a distinguished road

Question FR22 application in 6P rules AND officiating promotion v/s regular promotion

How will the new pay be fixed under 6P rules for an officer who is posted to a higher post on officiating basis and for another officer who is posted to the similar higher post but on regular promotion basis? (Both the lower post and the higher post fall in the same pay band but different GP)
    Lets assume that the officers in both cases have same pay conditions and other administrative conditions.
    In other words can somebody elaborate as to how exactly FR22 and FR35 have to be applied in 6P rules for officiating promotion and regular promotion cases when such promotions are within the same pay bands.
    --DoToff

Junior Member jayalan

Talking 1) Revised Option Clarification – a Mis communication

Department of Expenditure Implementation Cell has issued some clarifications regarding Pay fixations and grant of increments and its rounding off in the revised Pay structure F. No. 1/1/2008 – IC dated 29/01/2009 . However the said IC’s clarification was not made available in the Internet and got to be received from PAOs CBEC forwarded through their Accounts officer ( Coord) New Delhi. While all the OMs and its clarifications related to 6 CPC have been made available through Secured Internet Signed copies within a day or two of its issuance, why this was not communicated likewise ?! The reason for pointing out this communication deviation is that by virtue of Sl. No.1, the due date for filing revised Option for fixation of pay in promotion post made earlier (during 1/06 to 8/08) to 6 CPC Notification to wipe off the disadvantage of the earlier Option, has been extended up to 28/02/2009 . { G Connect members may recall the DOPT OM dated 25.02.2003 issued under a Govt. of India Decision under FR 22 referred in an article on the withdrawal of Option already exercised – given below }
    2) By quoting the said OM some of DOSs who have encountered similar disadvantage due to their Option while Merger of DOS Level I and II , have represented and Ministry has taken note of the situation and called for particulars of such DOSs and their representations through CBEC hopefully to issue a common order for revising their Option as per the said OM.

The OM dated 25.02.2003 restricted the due date for filing the revised Option as “within one month from the date of unforeseen developments or change of rules” and accordingly the due date lapsed on 30.09.2008 which has been extended up to 28/02/2009 by the clarification dated 29/01/2009 which was also not made available to all as narrated above. Therefore it is requested,

a) Authorities concerned may either consider extending the due date sufficiently to file their revised Option or considering re delegation of DOPT’s Power to HODs to accept such revision of Option ( At least for the cases related to VI CPC)
    b) Like all the other communications of 6 CPC, all other clarifications and OMs may be placed in the Inter net to avoid such time lag.

Previous post on this subject of FR 22 Option revision from G connect
    After implementation of Sixth Pay Commission report there are various situations where an employee will be getting lesser pay than his junior. Normally, we can claim for removal of such pay anomaly as per procedures laid out.
    However, in one of such situations employees may not be in a position to claim removal such anomaly. This situation was highlighted by Mr.Rajasekar, Intelligence Officer, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Chennai, who is a GConnect user. He explains that an option exercised under FR 22 (I) (a) (1) for postponement of increment may be a cause for receiving lesser pay than your juniors, when pay fixation procedures were changed on a later date by the Govt. This situation is explained below.
    Two gentlemen A and B joined in Central Government Service in the same cadre on a same date during April 1994. Based on ranking in the selection examination & interview Officer B is junior to the Officer A. Till a particular period, both drew same salary and their increment month was April of every year. After implementation of 5th Pay Commission report with effect from 1996 by Government, they claimed to remove a pay anomaly as one of their juniors viz., Officer C, was drawing more pay than them. Since the said junior’s increment month was fixed in January he was getting more pay than Officer A and B. The claim of Officer A and B along with others who were sailing in the same boat were considered and their increment month was also advanced to January.
    Afterwards, on 01.04.2004, the pay scale of the cadre in which Officer A and B are working was upgraded to the next pay scale. On account this up- gradation of Pay Scale, Officer A and B exercised their option for fixation of pay under FR 22 (I) (a) (1). Interestingly, this time, Officer A opted for pay fixation on the date of up-gradation (i.e.) on 01.04.04, and thereafter he started getting his annual increment in April. However, Officer B opted for pay fixation on the date of his next increment (i.e.) on 01.01.05 and he continued to get his annual increment in January.
    Now, comes the implementation of Sixth Pay Commission report which paved the way for uniform annual increment in July for all employees. This causes fixation of lesser 6cpc revised pay for Officer A when compared to Officer B and C who are juniors to him. This is because Officer A is fixed with 6cpc revised pay on the basis of his pre-revised basic pay for which annual increment for the year 2006 was yet to be given as on 01.01.2006, as Officer A was due for his next increment only in April 2006.
    From the above illustration, it could be understood that the change of increment month in respect of Officer A from January to April during 2004, is the cause for fixation of reduced revised pay to Officer A though he is senior to Officer B and Officer C. Whether this increment could be re-fixed to January as on 2004, for consequent higher pay benefits to Officer A ?
    Mr.Rajasekar is of the view that as per the Office Memorandum No: 16/8/2002- Estt (Pay-I) dated 25.02.03, issued by DOPT, in the event of unanticipated developments or change of rules etc., the option exercised under FR 22 (I) (a) (1) by the Officer A for fixation of revised pay on 1.04.2004, consequent on his appointment in the higher grade on 1.4.2004, could be revised so that he in his revised option letter can opt for fixation of revised pay on the date of his original increment due in the year 2005 (i.e.) on 1.1.2005.
    The text of the relevant Office Memorandum dated 25.02.03 is reproduced below. (Reference- Swamy’s Fundamental Rules – FR 22 – Para (17-A) page 57)
    “A demand was raised by the staff side in the National Council (JCM) that a Central Government Servant may be allowed to revise the option exercised by him on promotion/appointment on higher grade/Post under FR 22 (I) (a) (1) in the event of unanticipated developments or change of rules, etc. The staff side had also demanded that a specific provision to this effect be incorporated in the existing rules/orders.
    2. The demand of staff side has been examined by the Government and the President is pleased to decide pursuant to any unforeseen developments or change of rules, a Government Servant may give revised option for pay fixation under FR (I) (a) (1) within one month from the date of orders of such unforeseen developments or change of rules. Acceptance of such revised option may thereafter be examined and decided on merits by the Ministry/Department concerned with the approval of Department of Personnel and Training. In case it is decided to allow fresh option to the Government Servant concerned, the option once exercised shall be treated as final. The past cases of similar nature can be referred to this Department which will be decided on merit “

Junior Member saikatch is on a distinguished road

I request to please email me the clarification available in DOPT OM No.F.1/1/2008-IC dated:29-01-2009.

email address: saikat1625@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread