+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funeral Allowance

Junior Member vvenkateswarrao is on a distinguished road

Default Funeral Allowance

At present, serving Central Government Employees get a meager amount as funeral allowance for immediate help to the bereaved family asum retirement benefits that are advance. This is again deductible from the death cum retirement benefits paid to the bereaved family. No such allowance is given to the pensioners.
    Government of Andhra Pradesh pays an amount equal to the last pay drawn for the serving as well, as pensioners towards such expenses and on the top of it, it is non refundable. In this inflationary period, it will be a very helpful support for the bereaved family. If a State Government can give such an amount as welfare measure, why can't the Central Government do the same for their employees.
    I can send a copy of the Order of the Government of Andhra Pradesh issued on 20-4-2010 for pensioners to persons who are interested if they give their e mail id as I am not able to attach it here.
    This is one issue which should be pursued rigorously for inclusion in the VIICPC.

Member Imayan is on a distinguished road

This is a welfare measure.
    We should pursue with 7th CPC.
    Pl. send me a coy .E mail ID: inttrade2008@gmail.com
    Imayan

Junior Member vvenkateswarrao is on a distinguished road

I have sent a copy to your e mail id. Please have wider publicity. This measure will benefit serving as well as pensioners alike.

+ Reply to Thread