+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eligibility for TTA & Joining Time under SR-114 Rule

Junior Member greep2004 is on a distinguished road

Question Eligibility for TTA & Joining Time under SR-114 Rule

I have been appointed through proper channel as AD post in a statutory body created by an Act of Parliament and functions under the administrative control of Central Ministry, Government of India.

After joining the post I have requested to give Transfer Travel Allowance (TTA) and Joining time for joining the post as per the Rule SR 114 as i was the permanent Central Government employee.

My administration told that Rule SR 114 applicable only for Central government to Central Government only, it is silent about Central Government to statutory body created by an Act of Parliament and functions under the administrative control of Central Ministry, Government of India.

My organisation follows all the Service Rules of Central Government including 6th CPC, Pay, TA , DA etc.. including SR-114.

Further, they said that my appointment is not in the Public interest. Now i got confused that how and what way by service is personal interest.

Further, i would like to know the criteria to classify and declare an permanent employee's appointment as personal interest.

Chronology of my appointment

1. There was an advertisement in Employment News paper for the post of Assistant Director. For which 8 years service ( Supervisory/ Managerial capacity in the pay scale 6500-10500 PG -4200/- from Central Government, State Government etc was essential qualification besides M.Sc. in Ist class.

2. I have applied for the post through proper channel.

3. I have been called for interview and interviewed

4. I Have received offer of the appointment, where in they mentioned that no TA will be allowed to join in the post.

5. Immediately i have asked clarifications/ demanded pay protection ,old Pension scheme and TTA & Joining time as per Rule SR.114.

6. My administration replied to my clarifications that my pay will be protected and old pension scheme is applicable to me accordingly my pay has been protected and GPF no also allotted to me. But for TTA and Joining Time issue is under examination will be intimate in due course.

7. Considering, the clarification made i have send my willingness to join the post and have tender my Technical Resignation to my earlier post in the Government of India.

8. My previous department has relived me from the post by mentioning that in the reliving memo that he will be stand relived from the post in the Public interest in order to join in the post of Assistant Director ,. Further, they mentioned that i will eligible for TTA and Joining Time as per the Government Rules.

9. I joined in the post on 02.07.2009 at Aizawl ( NE region)

My request to my friends that what way SR-114 is not applicable to me and in what ground my appointment is termed as personal interest. kindly help me to understand the issue and rule position/ interpretation or is there any OM in this regard to suport my claim.
    Last edited by greep2004; 07-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

Employees of such statutory bodies are not central government employees as such. Rules and regulations governing such employees are either to be formulated by the body or they adopt the Central Government rules etc. mutatis mutandis. It would have to be checked from the concerned Department of the statutory body as to what rules etc. they have adopted.
    Gopal Krishan

Junior Member greep2004 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal Krishan View Post
    Employees of such statutory bodies are not central government employees as such. Rules and regulations governing such employees are either to be formulated by the body or they adopt the Central Government rules etc. mutatis mutandis. It would have to be checked from the concerned Department of the statutory body as to what rules etc. they have adopted.
    Gopal Krishan
    Thank you very much Mr. Gopal Krishan ji, for

My department ( statutory body) adopts the Central Government rules in the cases of Pay and TA DA & TTA, Joining time. The reason that they mention for not providing TTA and Joining time is that my appointment in the department is not in the public interest. But i have applied through proper channel and relived as per the procedure.My earlier 8 years service in the Central Govt. is a pre-requisite for the post.

Kindly help me to understand what way my appointment is being treated as personal interest against SR-114.

+ Reply to Thread