+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CMC Vellore - reimbursement of medical expenditure

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Default CMC Vellore - reimbursement of medical expenditure

Dear Friends,

I am proceeding to CMC, Vellore for treatment of my child after obtaining permission from my controlling authority. Please let me know whether the medical expenditure shall be reimbursable or not. The CMC is managed by a trust, as in the case of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.

I am working in a Central Autonomous Body that has adopted CS Medical Attendance Rules. Reimbursement is done as per CGHS rates.

Please let me know the practice in other offices/Depts. even if the relevant OMs can not be quoted.
    Alok Sinha.

Attention of learned/senior boarders is cordially invited. Shri Pathak's and Shri Victor's opinion will be highly solicited among others'.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_audit View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am proceeding to CMC, Vellore for treatment of my child after obtaining permission from my controlling authority. Please let me know whether the medical expenditure shall be reimbursable or not. The CMC is managed by a trust, as in the case of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.

I am working in a Central Autonomous Body that has adopted CS Medical Attendance Rules. Reimbursement is done as per CGHS rates.

Please let me know the practice in other offices/Depts. even if the relevant OMs can not be quoted.
    Kindly check with the staff rules of your organisation for the exact rule position. Since you have obtained prior permission I presume that this includes approval for reimbursement as per CGHS rates.

Also check whether reimbursement is limited to cases where treatment is taken in CGHS empannelled hospitals.

In that case you may have to check whether CMC Vellore is on CGHS Panel as I have a doubt. If it is not on the panel then there could be a significant difference between the rates charged and rates approved by CGHS.

Victor

Thanks. I also thought the same that if there is due permission for treatment, it is implied that reimbursement would be made according to CGHS Rules/rates, irrespective of the Hospital being empanelled or not.
    Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread