+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to settle bills with emergency certificates at Private Hospitals/Nursing Home?

  1. #1
    Member Dulal is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default How to settle bills with emergency certificates at Private Hospitals/Nursing Home?

    A CGHS card holder employee of GUWAHATI, Assam (having GP of Rs. 1900/-) admitted his 17 year old dependent son to a private nursing home with symptom of high fever, body ache, loose motion etc. at 6 p.m. and the patient was discharged next day with an emergency certificate.

    As per latest clarification Heads of Departments (HODs) may decide the cases of reimbursement of medical claims in respect of treatment obtained in emergency at private hospital/private nursing home/private clinic subject to item-wise ceiling as per rates prescribed for CGHS beneficiaries without financial limit on the total amount to be reimbursed.
    [M.H. & F.W. O.M. No. S-12020/4/97-CGHS(P) dt. 07.03.2000]

    The employee has submitted the following bills;
    1. Bed Rent-900
    2. Resident Doctor Fee-300
    3. Bursing Charge-250
    4. Bio Merdical waste-150
    5. MRD Charge-100
    6. IPD Registration Fee-100
    7. Investigations Charge-7230
    8. Service Charge-170
    9. Consultation Fee (Doctor)-1120
    Totaling Rs. 11680/-

    The investigation tests comprises of
    Blood R/E
    PF/PV test /PBS for MP
    Dangue Test/Typhoid Test
    S. Uranium/TSH/LFT/Electrolyte
    CER (PAV)
    USA w/a

    Kindly advice, how to settle the above claims and what are the precribed rates for the charts shown above.

    thanks in advance and please help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Kolkata, WB


    As you have rightly pointed out, reimbursement would be as per CGHS rates for tests and doctor's charges. Cost of medicines purchased will be reimbursed (except in the nature of food items, tonic etc-please consult relevant rules and listings). The bed charges will be limited to the entitlement, i.,e., general ward charges in this case. In special circumstances, if the patient so required to be kept separately (semi-private/private ward), a certificate to this effect is required from the treating specialists.
    Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. where to settle after retirement? home town or permanent residence?
    By gangadhar panday in forum Other Service Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-11-2013, 09:08 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-09-2011, 12:10 PM
  3. Reimbursement of Medical Bills - Verification of Medical Bills by Treating Doctor
    By AnilK in forum CGHS and Medical Attendance Rules
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-07-2011, 08:07 PM
  4. Recognised Hospitals.
    By iruku.srini in forum Contribution of admin contents and useful links by members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
  5. Nursing allowance
    By aneesh in forum Other Service Matters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-09-2009, 08:19 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts