+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Half pay leave

Junior Member rabinkumar_dutta is on a distinguished road

Angry Half pay leave

Please let me know whether HPL can be sanction vide leave rule 29(4) in case of Central Govt Employee having a sufficient balance in EL or is there any condition for availing HPL that EL must be exhausted ? In case of superannuation is there any special relaxation for availing HPL ,although employee has 300 days EL in hand .When preparatory leave can be available.

Rabin Dutta

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rabinkumar_dutta View Post
    Please let me know whether HPL can be sanction vide leave rule 29(4) in case of Central Govt Employee having a sufficient balance in EL or is there any condition for availing HPL that EL must be exhausted ? In case of superannuation is there any special relaxation for availing HPL ,although employee has 300 days EL in hand .When preparatory leave can be available.

Rabin Dutta
    There is no restriction in CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 that EL has to be exhausted before you can take HPL. In fact the Auditor General's Decision on this very issue and which has een reproduced below Rule 29 may be referred to. As per there the deciison "... There is no restriction on an officer at his option being granted half pay leave even when earned leave is due to him."

As regards 'Leave preparatory to Retirement', govt. servants can take EL and/or HPL as leave preparatory to retirement subject to the condition that such leave extends up to and includes the date of retirement (refer Rule 38 of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972.

Victor

Angry

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know ,whether dept can deny to sanction 10 days HPL, as i have 308 days EL and 600 days HPL in balance. Date of my superannuation is 31.12.13[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is no restriction in CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 that EL has to be exhausted before you can take HPL. In fact the Auditor General's Decision on this very issue and which has een reproduced below Rule 29 may be referred to. As per there the deciison "... There is no restriction on an officer at his option being granted half pay leave even when earned leave is due to him."

As regards 'Leave preparatory to Retirement', govt. servants can take EL and/or HPL as leave preparatory to retirement subject to the condition that such leave extends up to and includes the date of retirement (refer Rule 38 of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972.

Victor

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

I am sure that you would be aware of the fact that leave cannot be taken as a matter of right.
    Gopal Krishan

Angry Hpl denial

Pleate let me know whether dept can deny HPL on private affairs if a govt employee is at at the verge of retirement (within 3 months) . what is the alternate way to avail HPL if not sanction.Quote authority. Rabin Dutta, Bankura

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

Rule 7(2) of CCS(Leave)Rule provides that the leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right. As such the competent authority has power either to grant or refuse the leave applied for.
    Gopal Krishan

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal Krishan View Post
    Rule 7(2) of CCS(Leave)Rule provides that the leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right. As such the competent authority has power either to grant or refuse the leave applied for.
    Gopal Krishan
    I fully agree with the above.

Victor

Angry Hpl denial

Thanks for the views.rabin dutta

Junior Member m2k_kastoor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal Krishan View Post
    Gopal Krishan
    Agreed with above reply, however in my opinion it is further stated in the Rules that the senior officials with 10+ years of service should also be encouraged to avail the leave by the department and in this case, if they want so it should be substantiated not denied...
    Regards
    M2K

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

No precondition of availing HPL. Perhaps you are confusing it with Commuted Leave where HPL is commuted which certainly is under some restrictions. Availing HPL is a matter of choice to the govt servant, so no question of relaxation of any kind for retiring employee. If retiring employee chooses to avail any leave till the date of retirement/superannuation, it can be applied for to the leave sanctioning authority.
    Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread