+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Group A Entry & Group D Exit

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

Default Group A Entry & Group D Exit

Dear friends,

After the implementation of 6 CPC recomendations, we have a seperate Pay Band for Group A Entry and seperate Pay Band for the persons who is going out of Group D and to be elevated to Group C (to be called as Group D Exit) . When both of them got benifited with the new principle of Entry and Exit, what is given to Group B and C(the work force of the system)?

1. Merger of major three scales into single one creating lot of anomalies.
    2. Some of them elevated to better position.
    3. Allow rest of them to fight for higher grade which may lead to frustation if their reqeusts are not acceded and resulting fighting among themselves.
    4. .........
    5. .........
    6. .........

What can be done ?

With regards,

Narayanan

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by narayanan View Post
    Dear friends,

After the implementation of 6 CPC recomendations, we have a seperate Pay Band for Group A Entry and seperate Pay Band for the persons who is going out of Group D and to be elevated to Group C (to be called as Group D Exit) . When both of them got benifited with the new principle of Entry and Exit, what is given to Group B and C(the work force of the system)?

3. Allow rest of them to fight for higher grade which may lead to frustation if their reqeusts are not acceded and resulting fighting among themselves.
    4. .........
    5. .........
    6. .........

What can be done ?

With regards,

Narayanan
    Dear friends, especially belonging to Group C and B,
    MY learned friend Narayananjee has provided food for thought (I am not sure whether we can successfully convert our quarrels/fights herein this forum to Action to appraise the Powers that be of our plight.)
    I have a feeling that our Associations have letdown us. ( On the other hand, I must appreciate the efforts taken by Pensioners Associations/Federation. )
    By creating three different classes of pensioners - pre 2006, pre sept 2008 and post August 2008 pensioners, the Govt has done grave injustice to the said first two classes.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 21-01-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: The plight of pensioners required a mention.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

4. .........
    5. .........
    6. .........

What can be done ?

With regards,

Narayanan
    Dear Sirs, The implicit message from the authorities is that when there is full pension for 20 years, the employees may think for a while to go for voluntary retirement with 50% of min. of PB+GP (?) which will approximately6600/7200.
    That is the reason, the ACP is also getting delayed. Already, people are
    nearing to 30% taxation. Even with 20% taxation, a 1.86 multiplication factor ended with about 1.5 only. By this, they prefer to increase the population of pensioners which will come down at a later stage as there
    will be no pension for personnel retiring with 20 years service in 2024.
    Alternatively, one has to wait for 9 more years (as good as an ACP) to see
    whether Gr.C also becomes exit grade just like Gr.D. Till then we all will keep entertaining the authorities with our representations on anomaly, misinterpretation of OM, etc. What is the net gain by this entire mela of
    6th CPC particularly in respect of S-1 to S-23 pay scales- Only the individuals know. Some fire crackers will give only sound, but there will be no effect. Same is the case of Maximum of Pay Band 1 and 2. A Grade Pay
    having only 200 rupees on promotion in a pay band will have no effect.
    The BAND is soundful but the same is effectless both for serving employees as well as pensioners. An uneven rise to a particular pre-revised scale speaks of the intention very well. This particular point - giving a steep rise
    with more than 10,000 in the minimum of the pay in pay band to a particular grade can very well be taken up for litigation. It is quite unreasonable and unjustifiable. Whole mechanism can be handed over to this particular grade personnel who are recognised as HIGH ACHIEVER as far this PC is concerned.

Best Regards.

Dear friends,

Can Anybody enlighten me on the intention behind seperating the Govt. employees in different groups (ie. A, B, C & D) ?

With regards,

Narayanan

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr Narayanan

As this system is a legacy of British Rule, the basic idea must have been to DIVIDE and RULE.

We may not have to worry. With ARC now coming up with reforms, we can have new systems in which everything will be so "reserved", the calssifications will have no relevance.

You will be a Govt. servant by reservation (like schools booking in advance) even at Birth- you will have the option to retire with full pension by the age of 20 yrs- or you may serve upto maxm tenure of 33 yrs and retire with maximum benefits that may be permitted.

All can have the option to serve the Govt. and be its pensioners. No employment problems. No social security problems. No qualification problems.

IF U DONT RESERVE IN ADVANCE, YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR A LONG TIME TO BECOME A GOVT. SERVANT.

(I am not sure - but it appears in future 10 plus 2 plus 3 may be enough for u to become a career administrator or diplomat!. If u want to be otherwise, you may have to have additional training/ qualifications. THINGS WILL CHANGE. YOU CAN ENTER AS GR A AT BIRTH BY ADVANCE RESERVATION-EXIT AS U LIKE)

Regards

vnatarajan

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    Dear Mr Narayanan

As this system is a legacy of British Rule, the basic idea must have been to DIVIDE and RULE.

We may not have to worry. With ARC now coming up with reforms, we can have new systems in which everything will be so "reserved", the calssifications will have no relevance.

You will be a Govt. servant by reservation (like schools booking in advance) even at Birth- you will have the option to retire with full pension by the age of 20 yrs- or you may serve upto maxm tenure of 33 yrs and retire with maximum benefits that may be permitted.

All can have the option to serve the Govt. and be its pensioners. No employment problems. No social security problems. No qualification problems.

IF U DONT RESERVE IN ADVANCE, YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR A LONG TIME TO BECOME A GOVT. SERVANT.

(I am not sure - but it appears in future 10 plus 2 plus 3 may be enough for u to become a career administrator or diplomat!. If u want to be otherwise, you may have to have additional training/ qualifications. THINGS WILL CHANGE. YOU CAN ENTER AS GR A AT BIRTH BY ADVANCE RESERVATION-EXIT AS U LIKE)

Regards

vnatarajan
    Dear friends,
    In my humble opinion, there can not be better expression (than the review quoted herein) on the possible scenario.
    There are enough indications to fear that very soon the species of "Government Servants -earning higher and more powerful posts-through sheer intelligence and by dint of (pure)hard work" will be gone (or has it gone already?
    May God make "the powers that be" see reason and justification in voices raised by pensioners. May "better sense prevail" and remedial measure be taken by Govt before it is too late.
    I have a feeling that the present day employees (or most of them ) (the question as to which side I belong to is left to others to decide upon ) deserve the present situation they are in, for most of the present day employees lack in "determination, dedication and devotion to duty" and sincerity is either wanting or deficient.
    With regards,
    Badri.
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 23-01-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: to rectify a spelling mistake and to remove repetition of a couple of words.

Respected elder brothers and friends,

I find that the posting has turned out to be an interesting one. The number of views has crossed 500 within a day or two. All are requested to express their positive views to help, to enlighten, to encourage, to advise, to feel togetherness and to feel safe living,

I would like to add something which I read somewhere

Management Lesson-1

A Rabbit asked a bird sitting on tree: ' Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?'
    Bird replied: 'Sure, why not?'
    The Rabbit sat in the ground without doing anything. All of a sudden a tiger appeared and jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Lesson: To be sitting and doing nothing in the ground level is not safe.

Therefore, one should have determination, dedication, devotion sincerity while discharging their duty for the safety of the courty as well as of the individual.

With reagrds,

Narayanan

Thumbs up Stronger Teams

Dear Sirs,

The people get the Raja they deserve and vice versa. Leaders are there, but leadership is missing; Friends are there, but friendship is missing.
    Managers are there, Managerial capabilities are missing. Human Resource Personnel are there, but humanism is missing. Customer is there, his satisfaction is missing. A real story comes to mind in this situation.

"When a soft drink company-A got a new CEO in 1980s, the CEO was faced with intense competition from another company-B that was eating A's growth. His executives were B-focused and intent on increasing market share of 0.1% a time.

CEO of A decided to stop competing against B and instead compete against the situation of 0.1 percent growth. He asked what was the average fluid intake of an American per day? The answer was 14 ounces. What was A's share of that? 2 ounces. CEO told that A needed a larger share of that market. The competition was not B. It was the water, tea, coffee, milk and fruit juices that went into the remaining 12 ounces.

The public should reach A whenever they felt for drinking something. To this end, A put up vending machines at every street corner; Sales took a quantum jump. B, has never quite caught since".

Moral : COMPETE AGAINST THE SITUATION -
    NOT AGAINST A RIVAL.

LET'S GO AND BUILD STRONGER TEAMS WHILE IN SERVICE AND AFTERWARDS TOO. SUCH STRONGER TEAMS BRING A STRONGER NATION, WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS SUCCESS ONLY REMAINS.

Best Regards

Dear friends,

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving".
    - Albert Einstein.

In the light of the above quote, with due permission from my learned friend Shri Sundar, I would like to modify the moral given in his posting as under:

' To keep moving, balance is necessary in an adverse situation'.
    (over speed is not advisable).

Now let us see what is the SITUATION.

The 4-tier system was in vogue from the time immemorial and was/is a part of our society/system. In my view, the system of govt. and other organisations are not free from that basic genatical order of the Indian culture. Even when the 6 CPC proposed for major changes in the pay system, they carried forward the genatical formula which can be illustrated as given below:

The existing set up in the hirarchy is in 4-groups (also as Class-I, II, II & IV). Now, by plutonising the Group D, everybody is in a view that there will be three Groups in future., ie A, B & C. But now, you have 4 Pay Bands, PB-1, PB-2, PB-3 and PB-4 before you. Again 4 groups appeared.

The dispensation in the new set will be as follows:
    PB-4 for AA
    PB-3 for AB
    PB-2 for BC
    PB-1 for CD
    A,B,C & D represents the Groups during the pre-6CPC era. In the new set up, the posts are distributed in 4 classes, ie, AA, AB, BC and CD (a new coding system which may be followed by the alphanuemaric system of numbering)

While studying in school, I sat in different divisions such as A, B, C, D... but I never felt the students in 1-A is superior to the students of I-B, Students of 10-A and 10-B, 10..., no one was treated superior to the others. But the students in Class 10 was treated superior to that of Class-9, which may result in ragging.

Therefore, I feel the exercise undertaken by all the CPC till now could not remove the bad effect of the ancient system which can be done only by development of a special genetical engineering.

Why should we bother on this grouping systems which has no meaning? we just do our duty. First we should know what is our duty. Who will give us the duty actually to be done by us?

With regards,

Narayanan
    Last edited by narayanan; 24-01-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Addition

The dispensation of the posts in the new set said to be:

PB4 - AA
    PB3 - AB
    PB2 - BC
    PB1 - CD

If you remove the first letter of the newly formed groups, the fact remains as

PB4 - A
    PB3 - B
    PB2 - C
    PB1 - D

We are back to square one.

Member venkatcustoms is on a distinguished road

Smile A,b,c,d

Dear friends,

As a new entrant to this august forum, i post my maiden message

Regarding Group A,B,C,D issue, we can regroup into two as AD and BC

As the above suggests, we live in "AD" Era (Anno Domini) and so A and D will have a peaceful life now.

Group A oficers will get what they desire for, while Group D officers will (have to) desire for what they get.

Obviously B and C will have to suffer as they have place in "BC" Era only. B and C officers will have to
    (i) do what Group A like and
    (ii) like what Group D do

That is the fate of Group B and C officers

Dear Mr Narayanan

You have rightly made out the correlations, right from the four class or varna social order of the Indian Society right from the ancient times. Concept need not be kept limited to Pay Scales only.

Anyhow, in recent times, there had been so much revolutionary changes in many Govt. organisations, that now the genetic-type coding of using the alpha-alpha characters - may be refined to suit each one of them.

For example, in my erstwhile organidsation, things are somewhat like this:

AD
    BD
    CA
    DC

In essence when you quantify them, you will precisely know whether the organisation is genetically generating/ degenerating! or reversing.

WE ARE PROGRESSING SOCIALLY NOT SCIENTIFICALLY!

Regards

vnatarajan

Default Receptive Entry and Exit

Dear Sirs,

As Shri VN has put it rightly, we all belong to the category of
    `Work horses'. The `problem children' though have the potential but fail to perform at the needy hour, as we have been seeing. Among the `dead woods' the work horses are struggling hard to proceed further.

As far as the Authorities, they had already categorised HIGH ACHIEVER GROUP, which may mean that the game actually is High Achiever vs rest.
    Like Middle Income Group, Low Income Group - fortunately or unfortunately,
    they are yet to identlfy Middle Achiever Group, Low Achiever Group. The inherent message is that rest need not worry to achieve high. Performance Based Career Promotion Schemes have not so far replaced the Assured Career Progression Scheme, the revised version of which is expected before next PC.

Seriously seeing, there can be only two Groups.
    Group A : S-24 onwards (PB 4)
    Group B : S-1 to S-23 (PB 1 to 3).

The progression shall take place for a new entrant of PB 1 to at least
    exit from PB 3 and for other entrants to exit from PB4 for the time being). To that extent, induction training, orientation training, retraining, unlearning, etc. ought to take place. The Ministry of Education, Training and Placement -
    an upgraded Institution of ISTM, New Delhi need to train the people. The Employment Exchanges can be brought under the Ministry.

Work horses need to be identifed. Right people are to be recruited.
    A strong younger work force will make the foundation strong. Recruitment and Training are the two areas special focus need to be given. Performance in Education as well as Employment ought to be priority rather than caste, class or creed. Constitutional amendments wherever needed not only in Administrative Reforms but overall national reforms are to be thought of at this right point of time. Out of all, participating in the Elections as a responsible voter is a must to bring change what is intended by all.

Both Entry and Exit ought to be very receptive, that's all what we pray.

Best regards.

Default Status of employees

Dear Natarajan Sir,

I have gone through the doubt whether our country is progressing socially or scientificaly?

I feel that our country should progress socially, economicaly, scientifically and in all aspects to give our people A GOOD LIVING. Regression in any one of the aspects will adversily affect our system.

The country's policy deciders have to go back to the people for confirmation of their policies in every five years. We, the employees are assisting them in discharging their duties entrusted by the people. The so called status among the employees are only for maintaining some protocol for smooth government bussiness. For the smooth conducting of the above bussiness, specific duties have been assigned to each employees depending on the post for which they have been appointed.

Therefore, the status is only secondary thind the prime factor is the assignment of duties. A status oriented administration will function in the following way:

All the proposer employees of a local administration have been given big size car for their travel. But the roads are narrow and the movement in big car is difficult. Immediately, proposal came for widening the roads. To widen the roads, pedastrian's way was also encroached. End result is the pedestrians lost their way.

When the NANO is going to hit the road, I don't know whether the status people will run train through the road.

With regards,

Narayanan
    Last edited by narayanan; 25-01-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Default HAG Plus and Apex Scales

Dear Sirs,

It is HAG Plus and Apex Scales which I forgot to add in my message
    above.

So, the finally emerging groups are
    1.Apex Scales
    2.HAG Plus
    3.AG (Achiever Group)- There ought to be HAG when there is HAG+
    (AG+ too!)

The A/H/A = At High Altitude, is unable to look at Low Altitude - the case
    of Pensioners whose emoluments got reduced to 50% after service or even further downward as we have been discussing at present
    owing to the O.M. dt. 3.10.2008.

If the Govt. is not redressing the grievances, as a customer of the Bank,
    the Banks can also forward our representations to the concerned authorities because they too got all OMs for implementation. The Office (administrative) which authorised pension has no role to play as it appears now, we have to finally depend on the pension disbursing banks only ultimately to take up our case in the capacity of service provider.

Best Regards.

Dear friends,

Earlier the better, the tool of Right to Information Act has to be applied for re-dressal of grievences.

With regards,

Narayanan.

Default Bravery and not status

Dear friends,

I would like to reproduce a portion of the article written by the eminent journalist, Shri T.V.R.Shenoy after the Mumbai blast in which a public officer (an Assistant Sub Inspector) performed his duty with courage and sacrified his life. It was his commitment to the duty assigned to him.

A few days ago as you read this there was a simple ceremony at the not-so-iconic D B Marg police station, when garlands were placed around the photograph of Assistant Police Inspector Tukaram Gopal Ombale. Were there any reporters present to honour Ombale's tale of heartbreaking courage?

On the night of 26-27 November, Ombale and several other policemen were on alert in the Girgaum Chowpatty area. They had been told that two terrorists were on the run in a Skoda. The twenty policemen out there had a grand total of two self-loading rifles and two bullet-proof vests. The vests were given to the men with the rifles, who were placed at vantage points around metal barricades. The rest of the policemen carried only lathis (batons)); some were plainclothesmen, others in uniform.

Those (virtually unarmed) policemen tried to stop the Skoda. The driver fired at them. The police shot back from the pre-determined vantage point and got him. The other man slid out, pretending to surrender, but carrying an AK-47.
    Ombale rushed to secure him when the terrorist started pumping away with the AK-47. Call it guts or instinct but Tukaram Gopal Ombale refused to let go of his assailant. I am told that something like 30 bullets were recovered from his body.

His colleagues took advantage of Ombale's last act as they rushed at the terrorist with their lathis. The plainclothesmen were later identified as a 'mob' in grainy footage shot by someone on a mobile phone!

Tukaram Gopal Ombale died for his bravery. Assistant Police Inspector Sanjay Govilkar received bullet injuries. But those ordinary policemen -- some in their forties, laughably ill-equipped -- succeeded in doing what nobody else could, they captured a terrorist on a suicide mission alive. They also recovered artillery dwarfing their modest weapons -- AK-47s, several magazines, 9mm pistols, and grenades.

Today security agencies from across the planet are sending men to Mumbai, from the FBI, the CIA, Britain's MI-6, Israel's Mossad and Shin Bet, and even from Russia. Between them, they have mixed opinions of the Indian security forces' tactics -- especially the Israelis -- but to a man they salute those constables from D B Road police station.

There is nothing they prize more than information, and that is what they are extracting from the captured terrorist -- how he was recruited, how, and where, and by whom he was trained, and so forth.
    Every major nation, even the Chinese, have problems with Muslim fundamentalists, yet none could capture a suicide attacker trained from the Al Qaeda manual. That honour goes only to the Mumbai police.

When the anomalies could have been avoided by the Pay Commission if they treat all the employees are public servant in general. I think it is a wastage of time and energy from our side to convince them rather than accepting the fate. Whatever it may be, we are ready to do our duty with commitment and determination by remembering the foot prints of late Shri Tukaram Ombale. (He was awarded Ashok Chakra Today posthumously).

Jain Hind.

Narayanan.
    Last edited by narayanan; 26-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Status of employees- Progress vs Regress

Dear Shri Narayanan,

(This has reference to ur post at sl no 14 - opening parts)

Before I start “once again” my rejoinders, I have to apologise for my earlier “piece of thread” wh vanished as the rope in a “rope trick”. May be the Admin./ Moderators thought the same to be controversial. But I did try to hide my text to be not too sensitive or clear! Any how I can not sometimes refrain being a bit harsh on certain points of debate! (Once a lady HAG level administrator branded me to be too harsh in a meeting when I made her realize by herself that she was trying to force qns on me wh were irrelevant to the meeting!)

You have made some observations on which I have my “own’ views to share:

..”our country should progress socially, economically, scientifically and in all aspects to give our people A GOOD LIVING. Regression in any one of the aspects will adversely affect our system

No dispute. But any Reforms can not address all the issues related to the three or even more segments, taking them in one basket at a time. Let the Govt. deal each one separately and then see how their analyses/ outcome point to some “relevant” conclusions/ recommendations. After that let the integration of all these put together, wherever feasible, be attempted and arrive at best options that can be prioritized.

In a multi-lingual/ multi-caste/ multi- racial/ multi-religious/ multicultural----------nation like ours with wide disparities and imbalances because of which there are drastic variations inch to inch of its geography and therefore no uniform yardsticks can be applied. Your later part of the paragraph can be accepted to convey “ Progression in any one aspect will be difficult unless the other two aspects are also well synchronized “-

(For e.g. PB1 To PB4 concept may suit the elitist group's STATUS to preserve their identity vertically throughout in terms of monetary benefits within and without the “service”- but this is going to be the major destroyer of the well-built edifice of the Government functioning and the sample of which you are seeing in the Military services.IT WILL NOT BE A SURPRISE IF ONE OR MORE MILITARY CHIEFS RESIGN IN PROTEST!)

Thanks to our polity & its vested interests- never will any intergration in any aspect happen- as you had been seeing for the later part of say 35 of the 60 yrs- there is no party which can boast of a single powerful “NATIONAL AGENDA” till date . Agenda like Garibi Hatao, Jai Jawan- Jai Kisan, India Shining, etc etc are only empty slogans but not National Agenda like “Independence from British Rule”– and hence the weakness and the reason for not having a single focussed dynamic agenda but several “common minimum makeshift backyard cheap irrelevant programmes” to suit a selfish alliance of “unlike”-minded parties and the only Agenda for them is to “Capture Power at any COST” and retain it at any “COST”.

HENCE “PROGRESS” is being consigned to the backyard day by day and today much greater confusion has come into the Governance of the country because we have Rulers who are mostly “disqualified” or “very reserved” . If they have come up socially, then they know no economics or science. If the economist comes to power then he knows no science or refuses any chance to look down to grass-root levels (They are always in the "AIR"- say IT/ TELECOM /AVIATION/ OILING wh are more fertile than the grass-lands....)! Scientists/ Engineers? Where are they ?Are they being heard?

(After some time, I will go to other points- may be if I have the patience, One thing must be clear to all- WE ARE NOT IN A SIMPLE VERTICAL LINEAR LINE MODEL (e.g .PB1 to PB4 or D to A)in any acceptable system- whether for Status of Employees or For their pay/ perks or For their Functions/Duties/ Responsibilities. We have to go to a two or even three dimensional matrix type of analyses if we have to evolve an effective reformed model for any objective)

This does not mean we are not progressing otherwise! Thanks to the services sector, our GDP even touched 9%and above. I will not debate on this now! Because this gives “GOOD LIVING” not to all – but to few! Hence equations will be different

More to follow if permitted!

Regards

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 27-01-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Dear Shri Natarajan Sir,

You have brought the reality before us. Now the question is how to convince the decision makers?

We can wake up a person who is sleeping. But,.........

Approval is required first from our own community (ie. serving/retired employees), then from the people. Only in that situation, any one can proceed further in such bigger issues.

With regards,

Narayanan

Exclamation

Dear Shri Natarajan Sir,

You have brought the reality before us. Now the question is how to convince the decision makers?

We can wake up a person who is sleeping. But,.........

Approval is required first from our own community (ie. serving/retired employees), then from the people. Only in that situation, any one can proceed further in such bigger issues.

With regards,

Narayanan
    Dear friends,
    Let us, for a moment, forget what the decision maker is doing. Most of our own collegues ( serving officers) and most of the pensioners who are sleeping and therefore are ignorant of what is going on around them. It is time to wake up these friends of ours.
    We may have to do some field work in this regard. For instance, I have started asking my firiends/collegues at my office /other departments whether they know about the problems (which are discussed in this forum). Most of them only know existence of such forum (GConnet) and nothing more. Nor do they know the existence of problems lke disparity between pensioners.
    With regards,
    Badri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast