+ Reply to Thread

Thread: when to make payment of old CGEIS saving amount i.e after 58 years of age or 60 year

Junior Member S.BALAJI MOHAN is on a distinguished road

Default when to make payment of old CGEIS saving amount i.e after 58 years of age or 60 year

Victor sir,

I have a doubt in old CGEIS. One of the DDO has submitted a bill for payment of saving fund stating that old insurance amount is payable after 58 years of age. Now that retirement age has been increased to 60 years it may be clarified whether we can make payment of saving fund before retirement i.eafter 58 years of age.

S.Balaji Mohan
    s.balajimohan@yahoo.com

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by S.BALAJI MOHAN View Post
    Victor sir,

I have a doubt in old CGEIS. One of the DDO has submitted a bill for payment of saving fund stating that old insurance amount is payable after 58 years of age. Now that retirement age has been increased to 60 years it may be clarified whether we can make payment of saving fund before retirement i.eafter 58 years of age.

S.Balaji Mohan
    s.balajimohan@yahoo.com
    I could not get the point clearly.

All I can say at this stage is that in the case of cessation of employment under Central Government due to retirement, resignation, etc., an amount equal to the subscription credited to the 'Savings Fund Account' together with interest thereon will be returned to the employee concerned.

If the above does not answer your query then kindly give more details of your case.

Victor

Junior Member S.BALAJI MOHAN is on a distinguished road

Victor sir,
    My question is regarding the official who is subscribing to CGEIS 1977 [M.H (0235) @ Rs.5/- p.m] and who is not retired yet but has only attained 58 years of age. In his case the DDO has submitted bill for making payment of saving amount 5000/-as the subscription is to be recovered only upto 58 years. As the retirement age has now been reaised to 60 from 58, is it right to pay now before his retirement, the old CGEIS 1977 saving amount.

S.Balaji Mohan
    Last edited by S.BALAJI MOHAN; 03-05-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: To make it more clear

+ Reply to Thread