+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OM dated 07/01/2013 on fixation on promotion to higher responsibilities but carrying

Junior Member S.BALAJI MOHAN is on a distinguished road

Default OM dated 07/01/2013 on fixation on promotion to higher responsibilities but carrying

Sir,

In para 3 of the above said order it is mentioned that

"In cases of promotion from one post to another where promotional post carries the same grade pay as the feeder post, the fixation of pay in such cases will be done in the manner as prescribed in Rule 13 (1) of CCS (RP) Rules 2008, "Provided fixation of pay in such cases was done prior to 01/01/2006 in terms of this Ministry's afore said O.M. No.169/2/2000-IC dt 24/11/2000".

I request you to kindly shed some light on the condition clause mentioned above which i have highlighted in bold & underline. Whether it implicates the promotion should have taken place prior to 01/01/2006. if not why this clause is given. To my english comprehenion knowledge level, there is some mistakes in the jargon used here and needs to be corrected through some corrigendum if it is applicable for promotion post 01/01/2006 also.

Kindly help me get out of this doubt.

S.Balaji Mohan,
    ZAO. CBDT RAIPUR.
    my e mail id: s.balajimohan@yahoo.com
    Last edited by S.BALAJI MOHAN; 26-03-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: correcting the typing error & adding email id info

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by S.BALAJI MOHAN View Post
    Sir,

In para 3 of the above said order it is mentioned that

"In cases of promotion from one post to another where promotional post carries the same grade pay as the feeder post, the fixation of pay in such cases will be done in the manner as prescribed in Rule 13 (1) of CCS (RP) Rules 2008, "Provided fixation of pay in such cases was done prior to 01/01/2006 in terms of this Ministry's afore said O.M. No.169/2/2000-IC dt 24/11/2000".

I request you to kindly shed some light on the condition clause mentioned above which i have highlighted in bold & underline. Whether it implicates the promotion should have taken place prior to 01/01/2006. if not why this clause is given. To my english comprehenion knowledge level, there is some mistakes in the jargon used here and needs to be corrected through some corrigendum if it is applicable for promotion post 01/01/2006 also.

Kindly help me get out of this doubt.

S.Balaji Mohan,
    ZAO. CBDT RAIPUR.
    my e mail id: s.balajimohan@yahoo.com
    The condition implies that such benefit should have been available prior to 1.1.2006 also in the 5CPC era (i.e. pay fixation benefit on promotion to a higher post carrying the same scale of pay).

The present promotion where this benefit is being extended would obviously be in the 6CPC era.

Victor

Thank You very much Victor sir for your clarification. That means the O.M dated 07/01/2013 is meant only for promotion to a higher post carrying the same scale of pay(in v pay commission), not applicable to different scales merged in vi pay commission. Am I right sir?

S.Balaji Mohan

Thank You very much Victor sir for your clarification. That means the O.M dated 07/01/2013 is meant only for promotion to a higher post carrying the same scale of pay(in v pay commission), not applicable to different scales merged in vi pay commission. Am I right sir?

S.Balaji Mohan

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by S.BALAJI MOHAN View Post

S.Balaji Mohan
    Yes you are right. The OM dated 7.1.2013 intends to cover only those cases where earlier feeder and promotional grade came to lie in the same scale consequent to implementation of 5th Pay Commission. This means that the higher and lower scales were different in 4CPC era, became same in 5CPC era, and obviously continued to be same in 6CPC era.

For eg. in 5CPC era, the feeder and promotional grade lie in the same scale scale say 5500-9000 and in the 6CPC era lie in the same GP viz. 4200.
    In such cases pay fixation benefit would be admissible.

As you have rightly pointed out, this benefit is NOT admissible where different scales were merged by 6CPC. For eg. 5000-8000 and 5500-9000.

Victor

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

It is an irony:-
    For scales which were in 5000 basic pay, it is being given 3% increment.
    For scales which were in different basic pay 5000 & 5500, no benefit is given.
    After 6th PC, both 5000 & 5500 have the same Gpay 4200.

It is logical to given 3% inc + next gpay for those feeder (5000) and promotion cadre (5500) which now has been given 4200 gpay only (When 3% increment has given given for those posts which were in 5000 Basic only that have been placed in 4200 gpay).

This seems illogical.
    Ramnath

+ Reply to Thread