+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sanction of EL with joining time

Junior Member sunitagupta is on a distinguished road

Default sanction of EL with joining time

It is to submit that I had joined EPFO on deputation as Auditor with IAP, Nagpur during the year 2009 in the month of October. My deputation tenure of three years expired w.e.f. 19.10.2012. Accordingly, I had requested EPFO authorities to relieve me on 19.10.2012. I was relieved on 19.10.2012AN. Before getting relieved I had applied for 18 days EL from 30/10/2012 and 16/11/2012 as suffix to joining time to search for an alternate accommodation at Nagpur and to vacate EPFO quarters occupied by me while I was posted at IAP, Nagpur. As per EPFO, HO Lr.No.Audit/16(1)2009/Leave/IAP/4295 dated 25/06/2012, Deputy Director (Audit) was the competent authority to sanction Earned Leave for Auditor. Accordingly, my application for 18 days EL was sent to Deputy Director (Audit), IAW, EPFO, RO, Jaipur vide IAP Lr.No.IAP/IND/CAMP/RO/IND/58 dated 19th October 2012 with a copy to my parent department and I had proceeded to Nagpur to avail joining time as well as EL for the purpose mentioned above.

In this regard I wish to bring to your kind notice that as per Para 7.6(c)(iii) of Appendix 5 to FRSR regarding deputation within India, borrowing department may allow leave not exceeding two months at the time of reversion. As such I was of the opinion that the competent authority would sanction the leave. However, the leave was not sanctioned and I was intimated over phone one or two days before expiry of leave period that leave was not sanctioned. Nothing was conveyed in writing so that I could approach my parent department.

Now the problem is that neither EPFO nor my parent department is sanctioning the 18 days EL. what should I do?

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

The leave at the time of reversion has to be in continuation of the date of relief. However, in your case there appears to be a gap as you were relieved on 19.10.2012 and the leave proposed is w.e.f. 30.10.2012.

Further, in general any leave application has to be got approved prior to the date of commencement of leave and one cannot presume that the same will be approved in due course.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread