+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery for Hearing Aid

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Question Battery for Hearing Aid

A friend of mine was paid around Rs. 2.5 lacs for replaement of his hearing aid (under CGHS) sanctioned by MH&FW, a couple of years ago.

He has now applied for reimbursement of cost of battery replaced for the said machine. The same has not been accepted stating that as per latest letter, battery is not covered and battery is to be treated as consumables.

He has shown a page from Swamy's CS(MA) Rules which shows that battery for Pace maker is reimbursed.

Is the same thing applicable for hearing aid also?

RK

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    A friend of mine was paid around Rs. 2.5 lacs for replaement of his hearing aid (under CGHS) sanctioned by MH&FW, a couple of years ago.

He has now applied for reimbursement of cost of battery replaced for the said machine. The same has not been accepted stating that as per latest letter, battery is not covered and battery is to be treated as consumables.

He has shown a page from Swamy's CS(MA) Rules which shows that battery for Pace maker is reimbursed.

Is the same thing applicable for hearing aid also?

RK
    This has happened in case of some of my friends also. It all depends on how it is interpreted. In my friend's case (Not in my department) is is said that, battery is not covered under guarantee and hence not reimbursable.

Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the reply. I got hold of the latest letter (issued early this year) which states that the maintenance of hearing aid is the responsibility of the user.

Sir, at this point, I would like to express my concern - that these days it appears all our senior members are no longer seeing this forum (and the Gconnect shout box) because their names do not appear like they used to in the past.

In the past, not one but several learned seniors used to take part and reply/ share their experience on various queries. Now-a-days they are not seen. Due to this reason, even I don't feel like entering this forum.

I wish they all get back.

RK

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

You are right Mr. Rao.

+ Reply to Thread